EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

04-02-2024, 10:49 AM   #3719
markw10702
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTMore Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskerBuilt View Post
Is anyone running RT660's here? I am trying to find the ideal tire pressure to run. I have been running 28 cold and it will shoot up to 35-36 after the first session and I bring them down to 28-29 or so.

I am only going to streets of willow right now...usually the start of the day is around 40 degrees and by mid day 55-60 degrees.

Still new to car track days have been doing motorcycle track days for the past 8 years or so and I know how important TP is.
Usually takes me 2 sessions (20 minutes) to get pressures stabilized, but I am always making small adjustments throughout the day.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 12:31 PM   #3720
Mrspeed636
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340GT, G80 Comp AWD - SOON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskerBuilt View Post
Is anyone running RT660's here? I am trying to find the ideal tire pressure to run. I have been running 28 cold and it will shoot up to 35-36 after the first session and I bring them down to 28-29 or so.

I am only going to streets of willow right now...usually the start of the day is around 40 degrees and by mid day 55-60 degrees.

Still new to car track days have been doing motorcycle track days for the past 8 years or so and I know how important TP is.

I run the 660s and have enjoyed them. I seem to be getting best results at around 32-33 HOT. They still seem to work at 34 but above that, my experience, they drop off pretty rapidly. I did have one of the rears start to delaminate on me last year so I now try to pay attention to that, per Tire-Rack you can run them backwards and it should fix but.... just keep an eye on them.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 12:44 PM   #3721
Mrspeed636
Private
United_States
Rep

Hello Everyone!

Ive enjoyed reading this entire thread over the past few weeks. I wish I found it sooner as I aquired my 18, M4 Comp last Feb and have enjoyed tracking it. So far, minimal mods:

Ground Control Camber plates
Roll Bar
Sabelt Seats and 6 point harness
Giro Disks up front with Endless Pads, SS lines and SRF
285-295 19s with RT660s

Best Lap at VIR with this setup was a 2.04.6. Quite proud of this on stock power. My end goal with this car is to crack a sub 2 minute at VIR on 200tw tires and stock power.

First event of this year is in a few weeks and I have made the car a track only car. For this season, I have removed most of the rear interior, added SPL Front Tension Rods and SPL Rear Toe Links and am going more aggressive on my alignment. -2.9 Front Camber, -2.3 Rear Camber, Caster at 8, 0 Toe in front and 1/8'' total toe in the rear, reccomended from very experienced alignment guy in Cary, NC. I am also having a shop help me with some plastic door cards to cut down a few more pounds.

I know it will take a lot more on the suspension side (and probably a lot of prayers) to even have a chance at my laptime goal, just dont have the cash flow for the rest of the SPL lineup and KW club sport setup just yet.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant here, just wanted to say hello and that I have REALLY appreciated this thread, extreamly educational.
Appreciate 2
      04-08-2024, 12:53 PM   #3722
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrspeed636 View Post
Hello Everyone!

Ive enjoyed reading this entire thread over the past few weeks. I wish I found it sooner as I aquired my 18, M4 Comp last Feb and have enjoyed tracking it. So far, minimal mods:

Ground Control Camber plates
Roll Bar
Sabelt Seats and 6 point harness
Giro Disks up front with Endless Pads, SS lines and SRF
285-295 19s with RT660s

Best Lap at VIR with this setup was a 2.04.6. Quite proud of this on stock power. My end goal with this car is to crack a sub 2 minute at VIR on 200tw tires and stock power.

First event of this year is in a few weeks and I have made the car a track only car. For this season, I have removed most of the rear interior, added SPL Front Tension Rods and SPL Rear Toe Links and am going more aggressive on my alignment. -2.9 Front Camber, -2.3 Rear Camber, Caster at 8, 0 Toe in front and 1/8'' total toe in the rear, reccomended from very experienced alignment guy in Cary, NC. I am also having a shop help me with some plastic door cards to cut down a few more pounds.

I know it will take a lot more on the suspension side (and probably a lot of prayers) to even have a chance at my laptime goal, just dont have the cash flow for the rest of the SPL lineup and KW club sport setup just yet.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant here, just wanted to say hello and that I have REALLY appreciated this thread, extreamly educational.
Fantastic time, and welcome to the track subforum!

I'll be at vir this weekend, I can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 09:23 AM   #3723
Mrspeed636
Private
United_States
Rep

VIR is definitley a special place, looks like you should have some really nice weather!
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11468.50