GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

09-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

OEM GTS front spoiler install

Have searched for some decent instructions but doesn't appear anyone has done a good DIY or even decent pics on the setup. Anyone come across anything for this?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #2
M3nmotion18
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 IR ZCP BM3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [9.87]
2021 MINI COOPER  [10.00]
2023 GENESIS GV60  [10.00]
2017 LEXUS RX350  [10.00]
Carlos,

Did you get the OEM GTS Front Spoiler? If you need help, let me know!

Well here's the link if this helps? Maybe you can PM him for questions? This is the RKP GTS LIP, but should be the same installation?

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1795033
Appreciate 2
      09-14-2021, 10:01 PM   #3
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3nmotion18 View Post
Carlos,

Did you get the OEM GTS Front Spoiler? If you need help, let me know!

Well here's the link if this helps? Maybe you can PM him for questions? This is the RKP GTS LIP, but should be the same installation?

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1795033
NICE FIND dude, thanks! I am trying to get it on before next track day (next week) but doubt I'll have time.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 07:25 PM   #4
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Got it on today. Not so much a DIY but lots of pictures that hopefully will help someone else. I got the RW Carbon GTS front spoiler to replace my busted Mode Carbon one. That one lasted a little over two years and I finally cracked it a month ago exiting a parking lot (ARGH). Overall I was pleased with it, I bought it used and it was quite a bit higher quality than I expected it to be. It took quite a few hits over the two years I had it.

Anyway back to the RW Carbon piece.
The brackets they provided are not OEM as far as I can tell. The upper hole that mounts to the chassis did not line up properly but the lower hole did so I used that as my "master" mounting and added one rivet per side for support. Ended up cutting the useless mounting hole off. Eventually I'd like to get the OEM brackets or just make custom ones.

They provided a bunch of hardware of which I only used a handful of and I had to provide the rivets and fender washers.

Fitment of the spoiler to the bumper is pretty spot on. Quality looks OK. I noticed a little bit of waviness in the surface finish but overall looks good. Much more aggressive than the Mode Carbon one I think.

I did not install the center support bar only because I didn't feel it needed it. I use 3M 5962 VHB tape which is typically used for outdoor signs. The Mode Carbon spoiler I had was attached using this and the factory lower screws and the spoiler was a pain to remove when it came time to take it off.

Also lucked out with the pre-cut air guides I had for the Mode Carbon spoiler as I only had to trim just a bit more to fit to the RW Carbon setup. I'll probably still end up trimming another set specifically for the RW spoiler to make use of a couple of additional 8mm OEM fasteners that are currently not in use.

Thanks to Rusty_Shackleford for the pics he provided in his thread. Made this quite a bit straight forward.

On to the pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 07:27 PM   #5
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

More pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-18-2021, 08:06 PM   #6
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Looking good Carlos, nice job with the trimming.
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 12:53 PM   #7
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted_M View Post
Looking good Carlos, nice job with the trimming.
Thanks dude. Need to trim my other set of air guides so everything fits tight and there are no opening down there. As I mentioned, I don't want any critters crawling up in there!
Appreciate 0