Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

07-29-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
sna66
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Sunpass sticker location

trying to figure out if I can cut this thing any smaller. There seems to be a tiny chip in the middle of the sticker and I was wondering if this is all that is needed, if so i can cut it down to a .5" square and stick to windshield, also the windshield is tinted, so not sure if I can stick it there.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #2
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M4

I was going thought the same thing, I ended up buying the portable sunpass and only take it out when I know Im hitting the highway. My front windshield is also tinted, works fine
Previous BMW: E36 Reiger Custom Green vert E46 ///M3 Cabonblack vert E46 ///M3 AW vert E63 645ci AW Coupe E92 ///M3 AW E93 ///M3 SG Vert
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #3
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

I took my sunpass device out and left it in my DD. The plates registered and haven't had any issues with tolls
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 04:06 PM   #4
sna66
Captain
United_States
Rep

the thing is i use it for airport parking and parking at the hardrock stadium and a few other places so toll by plate wont work there. I found the perfect place though, the sticker goes behind the plastic cover for the rear view mirror, there is no tint there so it works and is hardly visible - I think if I tried to push it in some more it would be completely invisible.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 04:22 PM   #5
sna66
Captain
United_States
Rep

Really anal about this stuff so I might take a blade and cut off that part, it's not visible from the front
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 08:07 PM   #6
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Just make sure it's attached to your tag and you'll be billed via sunpass and not till by plate. I don't even have the stickers anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 10:15 PM   #7
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Aren't the tolls higher for Toll-by-plate vs Sunpass?

I have a CF roof now, but I used to put the sticker sunpass on my sunroof. Roll the sunshade closed and it's gone from view. Just had to remember to have the roof closed while going through the toll plaza
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 06:36 AM   #8
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

I have the portable sun pass and painted it black so it blends in.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 09:43 PM   #9
M3Fahrer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_M View Post
I took my sunpass device out and left it in my DD. The plates registered and haven't had any issues with tolls
I did the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post

I have a CF roof now, but I used to put the sticker sunpass on my sunroof. Roll the sunshade closed and it's gone from view. Just had to remember to have the roof closed while going through the toll plaza
Tolls are higher for Toll-by-plate if you don't have a plate registered to a sunpass account. I have both my cars (plates) registered to my sunpass account and the tolls are the same for my DD that has the sunpass transponder in it and for the M3 that doesn't have any transponder/sticker in it. (I got tired and forgetful to constantly transfer the sunpass suction cup transponder between the two cars).
Appreciate 3
Darth One6612.50
sna66504.50
      08-07-2019, 07:20 AM   #10
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:

Yep, toll by plate is a good bit more expensive. But if you have your tag attached to your sunpass number, you will still get billed by sunpass instead of toll by plate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 2
Darth One6612.50
sna66504.50
      08-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #11
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Ah. Thanks guys, i learned something new today. I have been obsessive about placing my portable just so I never get charged the extra 50 cents or whatever

My plates are linked to the sunpass account, check. So if I go through and the tollway doesn't read my sunpass, it reads my plate and still charges me the lower sunpass rate! Do they also waive the administrative charges?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 08:51 AM   #12
sna66
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ah. Thanks guys, i learned something new today. I have been obsessive about placing my portable just so I never get charged the extra 50 cents or whatever

My plates are linked to the sunpass account, check. So if I go through and the tollway doesn't read my sunpass, it reads my plate and still charges me the lower sunpass rate! Do they also waive the administrative charges?
I don't think that you pay anything extra for toll by plate, I checked online and it's the same charge, it has a pic of your car as well when you do toll by plate.

Remember you will still need the sun pass if you want to use it to pay for parking, this is why I keep the sticker
Appreciate 0