Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

08-29-2019, 10:31 AM   #23
hz_diesel
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Crazy View Post
Did u get a good trade in for your 15? I have an AYM 15 and am thinking of the same route. Is yours Frozen or Mineral Gray? TIA
Haha this is also on my mind. Idk if I would do it, I could just slap on turbos at this point and be happy too. But like the man above said the GTS would hold value until our M.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 11:12 AM   #24
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hz_diesel View Post
Haha this is also on my mind. Idk if I would do it, I could just slap on turbos at this point and be happy too. But like the man above said the GTS would hold value until our M.

Values aside, a modded M4 cannot replicate the overall GTS performance and experience.

You would have to spend a lot more money in performance parts than the car is worth to obtain even get close
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #25
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post

Values aside, a modded M4 cannot replicate the overall GTS performance and experience.

You would have to spend a lot more money in performance parts than the car is worth to obtain even get close
Eh.. '15 M4s are getting into the low $30k range. $50k buys a LOT of go-fast parts. If the goal was drag strip performance, you can get a very shiny engine + drivetrain for $50k that'll be absolutely hilarious. For road course work that gets you a lot of suspension + widebody + e85 + larger intercooler.

That being said, I've done the heavily modded car, and it is constantly a battle of something breaking. I'll stick with a GTS for now, but not going to lie, a S58 M4C + mods might also find its way in the garage. Or a C8 Z06. Probably a Z06 if it is actually a 5.5L revving to 8k+.
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #26
rollingbunny
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 10:15 PM   #27
Docall
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4, 2009 Audi s5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomeler View Post
Eh.. '15 M4s are getting into the low $30k range. $50k buys a LOT of go-fast parts. If the goal was drag strip performance, you can get a very shiny engine + drivetrain for $50k that'll be absolutely hilarious. For road course work that gets you a lot of suspension + widebody + e85 + larger intercooler.

That being said, I've done the heavily modded car, and it is constantly a battle of something breaking. I'll stick with a GTS for now, but not going to lie, a S58 M4C + mods might also find its way in the garage. Or a C8 Z06. Probably a Z06 if it is actually a 5.5L revving to 8k+.
Have an 8 yr extended unlimited mileage warranty. Don’t need to modify this car! Just drive it!
Appreciate 0