European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

10-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #1
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport

Wheel Shipping?

I found a set of wheels I want to buy. Anybody have a connection on shipping, or have a good suggestion that is not $200+?

Just wheels in their original boxes, not tires.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #2
SCKOMS
SCKOMS
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible

I've used these guys a couple of times. They contract with UPS and FedEx and have excellent pricing. Just enter size of boxes and weight and it will give you cost. You print labels and they arrange pick up.

https://www.shipnex.com/default.aspx
Appreciate 1
bmbweber235.50
      10-21-2019, 09:18 PM   #3
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCKOMS View Post
I've used these guys a couple of times. They contract with UPS and FedEx and have excellent pricing. Just enter size of boxes and weight and it will give you cost. You print labels and they arrange pick up.

Awesome! Those prices are great. No issues at all?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:00 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:

Not sure where OP is shipping but I'm seeing close to $300 cross country which isn't that great. Only a 5% discount.

There are codes one can use with fedex and UPS to get better than 5%.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 08:17 AM   #5
jacobe92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Hell Rot F80 M3

If you're not in a hurry to get it. Shipping through Greyhound Bus is still the cheapest. Another downside, you just need to pick it from the closest station to you.
2016 Hellrot F80 M3|JRZ RS Pro with Swift Springs 550/750 spring rates l AP Radical 5000R 9668/9449 lSpiegler SS LinesI DS1.11I Eisenmann DP|MPE Catback|18" Forgeline GS1R 18x10 et 22 and 18x11 et 44 NT01 275/35/18 and 305/35/18| Forgeline GTD1 18x10et43 SquarelM Performance Lip/Splitter|IND aesthetic mods|Dinan Toe Link|Fall Line mono ball conversion kit and upper link kit| Aim Solo 2DL Smarty Cam|Simpson Hybrid|Stilo Offshore helmet.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 08:36 AM   #6
John dillinger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbweber View Post
I found a set of wheels I want to buy. Anybody have a connection on shipping, or have a good suggestion that is not $200+?

Just wheels in their original boxes, not tires.
try uship.com as well ~ i use them all the time ` they give u multiple quotes from many carriers
Appreciate 1
bmbweber235.50
      10-22-2019, 09:17 AM   #7
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:

Not sure where OP is shipping but I'm seeing close to $300 cross country which isn't that great. Only a 5% discount.

Was quoted $96 from Utah to Chicago.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #8
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Having shipped many sets of wheels, I would check your math. May not be be your exact zip code but will only vary a few dollars.

They still only give a 5% discount on UPS and it's EASY to find a 20% discount code for UPS Ground.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 10-22-2019 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 12:45 PM   #9
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobe92 View Post
If you're not in a hurry to get it. Shipping through Greyhound Bus is still the cheapest. Another downside, you just need to pick it from the closest station to you.
Not if shipping 4 boxes. They charge per box.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #10
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Having shipped many sets of wheels, I would check your math. May not be be your exact zip code but will only vary a few dollars.

They still only give a 5% discount on UPS and it's EASY to find a 20% discount code for UPS Ground.
I put as 1 package 20x20x45 at 120lbs
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 07:34 PM   #11
SCKOMS
SCKOMS
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Awesome! Those prices are great. No issues at all?
none whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 08:35 PM   #12
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I put as 1 package 20x20x45 at 120lbs
That won't even begin to fly unless it is 1 box.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #13
SCKOMS
SCKOMS
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

do you have a link to UPS discount codes? I actually need to ship a set of tires. TIA.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 11:46 AM   #14
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
do you have a link to UPS discount codes? I actually need to ship a set of tires. TIA.
try 'EASY'. Work for me last month.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 05:25 PM   #15
SCKOMS
SCKOMS
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M4N71U View Post
Quote:
try 'EASY'. Work for me last month.
Tried that code on the UPS website. The code was accepted but it was still a lot more expensive than the link I had posted for Shipnex.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 06:38 PM   #16
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

I just shipped some a complete set of X5M winter wheels to a member in CO. Ran us ~$320 and we split the shipping. Dimensions were 29/29/11 @ 72lbs. He actually recommended Shipnex. They flat out beat UPS/FEDEX retail rate despite ANY coupon code used. It was my understanding that you can either get UPS or FEDEX labels. I got FEDEX, and I was not surprised since FEDEX always gave me the best rate regardless.

So I grabbed some big boxes I had, cut up 19" diameter cardboard circles, and went to town with packing tape.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 08:11 PM   #17
SCKOMS
SCKOMS
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
I just shipped some a complete set of X5M winter wheels to a member in CO. Ran us ~$320 and we split the shipping. Dimensions were 29/29/11 @ 72lbs. He actually recommended Shipnex. They flat out beat UPS/FEDEX retail rate despite ANY coupon code used. It was my understanding that you can either get UPS or FEDEX labels. I got FEDEX, and I was not surprised since FEDEX always gave me the best rate regardless.

So I grabbed some big boxes I had, cut up 19" diameter cardboard circles, and went to town with packing tape.
If you shipped them "round" instead of boxed up, they may come back and charge you more. It's on their website. IIRC it's an extra $11 per package.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 08:32 PM   #18
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Quote:

If you shipped them "round" instead of boxed up, they may come back and charge you more. It's on their website. IIRC it's an extra $11 per package.
Quote:
Quote:

Didnt get an extra charge. I've shipped round with fedex and provided accurate measurements everytime. No additional charges so far.
Appreciate 0