BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-13-2020, 09:44 PM   #1
GoBuckeyes1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

PPI question

I have seen some nice MY2016-2017 good prices but Carfax notes some prior accidents.
If bought site unseen is it a must to get PPI?
Will local bmw dealers do a PPI for F80 at non bmw dealership?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
When I bought my 2006 Z4 M Roadster used in 2012, the BMW dealer who had gotten it on a trade-in let me take it to an independent shop for a PPI. I flew from San Diego to San Francisco to check it out and was prepared to fly home if the car wasn't up to my standards. You should be able to get a PPI from any location of your choice other than the dealer who is offering it. If the dealer balks at this, just walk out.

That said, I would steer clear of any car that has been in an accident, unless you are looking to pay a rock-bottom price. Also, I would never buy a car sight unseen. The only exception is if you had a friend or knowledgeable person in that area whom you trusted check it out if you can't get there yourself. A car is usually the second most expensive thing that people buy, after a house. If you haven't bought a house before, then it's probably the most expensive thing that you've bought. Why would you do that without seeing it?

If this is a car that you will be depending on as a daily driver, then don't settle if you can't afford the BMW that you want. Wait, save, and buy one when you can afford to get one that isn't a wreck.

Appreciate 1