Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-17-2015, 08:36 PM   #23
Magna_Flow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

So, just to chime in:

People are right, saving one's stock exhaust is usually the best option in terms of retail value later down the line. Downpipes are generally not a good idea if you live in California. The fines for removing catalytic converters are astronomical.

The M Performance exhaust sounds good, we agree, but as others have said it's unbelievably expensive. Our system is under 3k and remains a dual-mode system. It definitely removes some of the weird unpleasant tones that the S55 makes in stock form. Our system is on the quieter end of things, so if you want something wild then we might not be the best fit.

That said, all of our products are made in Southern California and are 50 state emissions compliant. They also carry a lifetime warranty.

Hopefully that's some food for thought! Let us know if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 08:42 AM   #24
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourLeft View Post
The BMS prototype exhaust sounds interesting but my only issue with this is that there will not be a valved option. I want an exhaust which you can control with the valves especially during early morning cold starts.

Post#12-13
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=429301
Yeah, being able to control the valves was important for me too. Even the stock exhaust sounds a whole lot more interesting with valves open, but being able to tame that is really nice. If you go with an exhaust that has a more aggressive note (like the AWE NonRes), being able to choose the degree to which you want to "announce yourself" is really nice.

Scott
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 02:19 AM   #25
F82Art
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2015 bmw m4  [0.00]
I have 2015 f82 with stock exhaust im thinking to remove the resonator and secondary cat but im not sure if the car is going to pass the smoke check I need you guyses help????
Appreciate 0