Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

01-22-2021, 02:33 PM   #23
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
Detailers domain. Phil yiu. Is the OG in the game, he only works with the best quality stuff, a few very experienced people who actually give a sh*t, and will guarantee everything is absolutely perfect.

You cut the check and Half of these dudes will tell basically tell you “later later later” when you go back and need to fix something.

Phil will take his time, get it right, and he’ll never make excuses for the best service. He’s done detailing and PPF on multiple cars for me, never had a complaint. Whether it’s a Turbo S, pagani, or Jeep Wrangler, doesn’t matter, he’ll give all of his effort and attention to detail on it.
I would agree, he is the owner & is still hands-on with all of the cars.

Over the years I’ve had 16+ cars wrapped/ detailed/ partial wrapped there.

I think all the pricing is all about the same across the competitors.

Tbh I’ve never been disappointed so never had the need to switch vendors.

Always has been negotiable.

Never any attitude from his guys and sometimes I can be anal about the little details lol
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2021, 02:37 PM   #24
slider86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP 6MT, 2021 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
And if he’s not comfortable with it, he’ll tell you, and he’ll have the car flatbedded to someone if it needs paint (eg matte blacking small accent parts) the service is wild. It’s always over the top, he doesn’t care, that’s just his MO. He’s even driven some customers home (reasonable distance) after they dropped their cars off.

How many people actually even give enough of a f^ck to do that for you?
Phil won't wrap something that'll make the car look worse. A lot of shops that don't give a sh** will just say "yeah yeah I can wrap it for 4k", but they don't tell you that wrapping over paint chips or dents will make it look a lot worse than without PPF until after they've done it. It's not that Phil doesn't welcome new business, or won't work on used cars (he does, he's worked on mine), it's just that he's so transparent and honest that he'll just tell you that doing xyz on your car, as-is, would make it worse, and to not waste your money.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 05:21 PM   #25
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

my vote goes to Detailers Domain! a lot of the other shops can leave blade marks on your paint if they are not careful. some shops sub-contract their work. the biggest plus with Phil DetailersDomain would be the combination of the quality of work and the support/warranty it comes with it. not a lot of these other places will come with Phil's crazy level of of OCD and his world-class approach to customer satisfaction.

you can checkout the IG story in my signature on his work on my M2C.
oh, BTW, i live 6.5 hours away!

here is my 135is when they did PPF and full ceramic coating on the car, calipers, and wheels.

my M2C

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 08:44 AM   #26
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

How much does it cost to do a bumper and hood? My car has a couple small chips on it. Not sure it is too late. I didnt get it done because I was going to lease the new G80 until I saw what it looked like so plans have changed and I'm planning on buying it out.

Also, if I want to do just the headlights how much do you think that will cost me? I can see some pitting going on on the lense (its not bad) when the headlights are on and thats starting to bother me. I guess they need to clean that up first and then apply ppf.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 11:57 PM   #27
slider86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP 6MT, 2021 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
How much does it cost to do a bumper and hood? My car has a couple small chips on it. Not sure it is too late. I didnt get it done because I was going to lease the new G80 until I saw what it looked like so plans have changed and I'm planning on buying it out.

Also, if I want to do just the headlights how much do you think that will cost me? I can see some pitting going on on the lense (its not bad) when the headlights are on and thats starting to bother me. I guess they need to clean that up first and then apply ppf.
PPF over chips will possibly look worse off than without. Give the shops you had in mind a call and ask.
Appreciate 1
White3401383.50
      01-30-2021, 05:43 PM   #28
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post

Dr. Colorchip might be able to fix the chips. Most shops have pro kits or you can try it yourself. If you do it yourself, wait for warmer weather. Check with your PPF/Ceramic Coating Detailer to see what they recommend.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/

For most cars 3-5+ years old and depending on mileage+cold weather, you might need to get your bumper repainted.

In general costs are...
$1800-2400 for Ceramic Coating + 2-3 Stage Paint Correction + Warranty
$2100 for Front End PPF like XPEL Ultimate + Warranty

XPEL Stealth gives you a Frozen Matte look, but you have to do the whole car, not just the front end.

Just go my Interlagos Blue E90 M3 back from PPF/Ceramic Coating in SoCal...I repainted most body panels that needed it in advance. But the clear headlight lens were trashed after 190k miles...so they could not be PPF'ed. Moisture might have gotten in from angel eyes, or it is just extreme pitting.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 06:00 PM   #29
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
APC is Auto Polishing Center near the NJ/NY border.

https://autopolishingcenter.com/serv...ecial-services

They do carry XPEL Ultimate PPF + Ceramic Pro 9H and Optimum Opti-Coat.

So we have a Winner.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 06:15 PM   #30
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Detailers Domain carries XPEL and Optimum Opti-Coat, which is a good combination.

I am sure if you ask they can get Ceramic Pro 9H. That requires heat lamps, which I am sure the shop has.

In general, if you want certain PPF and Ceramic Coatings, plus Tint products for your whip, you might have to go to different shops. Some shops are limited to carrying certain products exclusively for an area, and are prohibited from carrying a competitor's products. But their local distributors can sell them anything they want. But most of these products have warranties lasting several years, and might not honor them if an unauthorized shop installs them.

Here are two examples for my two BMWs:

BMW F30 335i
Optimum Opti-Coat Pro Plus - Shop A
XPEL Ultimate Plus - Shop A
3M Carbon Fiber Roof Wrap - Shop A

BMW E90 M3
Ceramic Pro 9H - Shop A
XPEL Ultimate Plus - Shop A
3M Carbon Fiber Roof Wrap - Shop A
ClearPlex Windshield Protection - Shop B
XPEL Prime XR Plus Tint - Shop B

Note: Shop A doesn't advertise that they can do Ceramic Pro 9H and promotes Optimum Products. Shop A carries XPEL PPF, but not XPEL Tint. Shop A carries 3M Tint. Shop B carries XPEL Tint, but not XPEL PPF.

Happy OCD...

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 08:57 PM   #31
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff@autocouture View Post
Our in house detailers (Automotive Specialty Wraps)
Thanks for the tip.

Admire AutoCouture's work here on the West Coast in SoCal.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 06:53 AM   #32
NJ6spd
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

I'm getting full Xpel wrap at APC. Reasonably priced and I got a chance to see their work on very high end cars. Im sure Phil is great, but seemed like he would def rather work on new cars. Less paint correction work and no rock chips. My car had very few imperfections and I did not think paying and extra $1800 was worth it.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 12:46 PM   #33
Xccelerate
Back in a BMW
Rep
Drives: 21 X5M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotnjerj View Post
I'm getting full Xpel wrap at APC. Reasonably priced and I got a chance to see their work on very high end cars. Im sure Phil is great, but seemed like he would def rather work on new cars. Less paint correction work and no rock chips. My car had very few imperfections and I did not think paying and extra $1800 was worth it.
Good luck with APC I wouldn't trust them to wash a bicycle.

Sad to say I've had very bad experiences with them and have brought many customers to DD. But hey your prerogative.

11' 1M Coupe Valencia 6MT OEM+ 289 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 09:26 PM   #34
NJ6spd
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

You do realize they're doing very high end cars. I'm not sure about when they started. But what business owner wants to do a horrible job. Also, These installers jump around like chefs at restaurants. Phil does a great job. It just seems like he likes doing new cars. I only know what a paint correction entails from youtube videos. But a new car should require less work then a 2 year old car. Plus he changed the price on me probably to scare me away. No big deal.
I have full faith in APC. Check out they're instagram/facebook page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xccelerate View Post
Good luck with APC I wouldn't trust them to wash a bicycle.

Sad to say I've had very bad experiences with them and have brought many customers to DD. But hey your prerogative.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 09:36 AM   #35
c0nrad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 M3  [0.00]
once spring rolls around all of these places will be booked up, so I'd try to get work scheduled asap
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 07:13 PM   #36
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Lol , $8k, I had my whole car done with Xpel ultimate ppf and Xpel cars mix coating for way less @ Nick's including paint correction and a deep scratch on the front bumper painted and matched.

$8k is way to much..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 07:34 PM   #37
zuppy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
Lol , $8k, I had my whole car done with Xpel ultimate ppf and Xpel cars mix coating for way less @ Nick's including paint correction and a deep scratch on the front bumper painted and matched.

$8k is way to much..
How much did you end up paying?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 05:46 PM   #38
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuppy View Post
Quote:

$8k is way to much..
How much did you end up paying?
Pmd you
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 06:31 PM   #39
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:

$8k is way to much..
Hmmmm that places look really familiar :
Nick is the best in the game, end of story!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
PhatLyfe984.00
T1M3LESS2269.50