Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

09-30-2020, 01:26 PM   #3631
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I don't think we've taken one and I'm behind on getting pics of the GS up Lups.

Let's see how nerdy people are here. We've named it FN-2187. That should give you a hint to the color combo.
isnt that the robot from rogue one?

if not it should be because that's the one good star wars movie since empire strikes back

Also, why more cars?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 01:37 PM   #3632
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post

if not it should be because that's the one good star wars movie since empire strikes back

Also, why more cars?
Nope this is from a shitty Star Wars movie trilogy you hated. You and myzmak had a great back forth on the first installment of said trilogy.

Some people do drugs or drink themselves to death. I do cars.

Real answer is my current lifestyle does not support having a car like the ZLE. Which sucks because it will probably go down easily as my favorite of all time. I coach both hockey and soccer for my ten old plus other family duties. With getting the boat now I have zero time to track where I want to. The one local "track" I can regularly get to sucks (at least I hate it). It's Dakota County Tech, which you may remember.

Worse, said daughter got car sick when in the back of the ZLE because of the contant bounce of track setup. So that meant the three of us couldn't take it on weekend drives. That left me mostly commuting in it if I wanted to drive it. While I enjoyed it most would agree it is a bit of overkill even for a fun commuter car.

My wife also couldn't drive it because it was a manual and she has always wanted to be able to drive the fun car. So we went looking around and landed on this. She fell in love with at after a long test drive and I had a lot more fun with it than I thought I would. Therefor/hertofor etc etc ZLE out and C63S in. I legit teared up a little in the business office and wife noticed. She almost made me back out of it, but I told her it was the right move. Plus I can still track this at DCTC if I really want to.

Next year I want to look for a lighter manual something to replace the GLI. First thoughts are new gen Golf R or a 718 flat six.

Edit: Agreed on Rogue 1. That is my favorite Star Wars movie and second is TESB.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18164.00
      09-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #3633
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nope this is from a shitty Star Wars movie trilogy you hated. You and myzmak had a great back forth on the first installment of said trilogy.

Real answer is my current lifestyle does not support having a car like the ZLE ... It's Dakota County Tech ... Next year I want to look for a lighter manual something to replace the GLI
Ha I miss ole myzmak! of course I totally understand things get heavy and you gotta focus for awhile and you lose track of time. Hopefully he's doing great, maybe running the firm or something.

Yeah, I lived pretty close to DCT! Of the Burbs, the Eagan/apple valley/burnsville area is my fav - worked great for us because it's close to the airport with barely any traffic even during rush hour if you take the back roads - we lived a 2 city life for a lot of those MN years so commuting to the airport was a daily thing 6 days/week. I kinda like Eden Prairie too ... for uptowny life Linden Hills is great too ... to this day a Clancey's sandwich may be my favorite meal of all time ... that or a sandwich jambon et fromage & a kronenbourg 1664 from any cafe in Paris. Like I'd take those over any steak or just about anything else.

Anyway, on the car, that's about where I am though slightly different circumstances. Driving on deserted back roads and semi-formal road courses in the santa cruz mountains was fantastic but with covid it's gotten dangerous - people are dying every week (usually motorcycle dudes, but lots of cars too) ... just isnt like it was and probably won't come back anytime soon. There are 2 great tracks close by too of course, but I've never been a track guy as the juice wasn't worth the squeeze given the distances, expense, etc especially when there's a 60% solution 20 min away for free. Plus I've always been more fascinated with the Mille Miglia kind of racing - what an insane thing to do!

But yeah, i'm thinking we're gonna hit the road here soon so the SUV is in and the car-for-sport is out. Kinda sad, and we've also gone through the well-then-let's-keep-it but it's the right move for now and if I'm lucky when it's right I can get back to it later. Mostly I'd love to live in Germany for awhile and do some porsche driving but that might have to stay a dream given where things are.

Well, glad to hear - it'll be interesting how easy the zle is to sell, seems like they're going like hotcakes for high prices
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      09-30-2020, 05:15 PM   #3634
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Also, why more cars?

Some people do drugs or drink themselves to death. I do cars.

Real answer is my current lifestyle does not support having a car like the ZLE. Which sucks because it will probably go down easily as my favorite of all time. I coach both hockey and soccer for my ten old plus other family duties. With getting the boat now I have zero time to track where I want to. The one local "track" I can regularly get to sucks (at least I hate it). It's Dakota County Tech, which you may remember.

Worse, said daughter got car sick when in the back of the ZLE because of the contant bounce of track setup. So that meant the three of us couldn't take it on weekend drives. That left me mostly commuting in it if I wanted to drive it. While I enjoyed it most would agree it is a bit of overkill even for a fun commuter car.

My wife also couldn't drive it because it was a manual and she has always wanted to be able to drive the fun car. So we went looking around and landed on this. She fell in love with at after a long test drive and I had a lot more fun with it than I thought I would. Therefor/hertofor etc etc ZLE out and C63S in. I legit teared up a little in the business office and wife noticed. She almost made me back out of it, but I told her it was the right move. Plus I can still track this at DCTC if I really want to.

Next year I want to look for a lighter manual something to replace the GLI. First thoughts are new gen Golf R or a 718 flat six.

Edit: Agreed on Rogue 1. That is my favorite Star Wars movie and second is TESB.
That reason of yours is pretty much why car companies have to compromise cars with tech and luxury. No matter how well the car is able to be tracked etc, only a very limited group does what the car is built for.

Last time I was in a Benz, I found the tranny to be lacking. Everything else was super pretty though, not as driver focused like I preferred.
minn1914028.50
      09-30-2020, 07:50 PM   #3635
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Picture needed

Let's see how nerdy people are here. We've named it FN-2187. That should give you a hint to the color combo.
You should've named it LV 426.
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      09-30-2020, 08:58 PM   #3636
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
That reason of yours is pretty much why car companies have to compromise cars with tech and luxury. No matter how well the car is able to be tracked etc, only a very limited group does what the car is built for.

Last time I was in a Benz, I found the tranny to be lacking. Everything else was super pretty though, not as driver focused like I preferred.
This transmission is miles ahead of the C300 I drove a couple of years ago. But agreed it isnt as good as a DCT/PDK. That AMG V8 though.

Quote:
You should've named it LV 426.
Wrong colors, but I like the effort.
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2020, 09:46 PM   #3637
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

The 77 just isn't reliable. We are checking for used cars for the kid. Found a 16 TDI Diesel VW. Did those have emission "issues" too??
      10-01-2020, 06:35 AM   #3638
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Are they giving you like any history on the car so you know what to look for, or are you just gonna do a complete look over when you receive it?
Yeah of course... they have records going back 10+ years. Also tons of photos and videos of things that I asked to show. We also facetimed a little.

Quote:
Oh man! That's stunning, what a fucker!
Thanks bud!
Appreciate 1
Arcades8169.50
      10-01-2020, 06:37 AM   #3639
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

white?? you got a white car?
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
Arcades8169.50
      10-01-2020, 11:01 AM   #3640
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
white?? you got a white car?
Yup, it wouldn't be either of our first choice, but it looks nice with the black accents/roof etc. The interior with the black and white leather/quilted diamond stitching is what made my wife go gaga for it. I do admit with the natural grain dark wood it does look and feel really nice. I wish it was an all leather wheel instead of the partial leather/alcantara. Still don't get the alcantara love and never wheel in either look or feel.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #3641
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yup, it wouldn't be either of our first choice, but it looks nice with the black accents/roof etc. The interior with the black and white leather/quilted diamond stitching is what made my wife go gaga for it. I do admit with the natural grain dark wood it does look and feel really nice. I wish it was an all leather wheel instead of the partial leather/alcantara. Still don't get the alcantara love and never wheel in either look or feel.
Did you not read all the shit I took from Lups daily for over 3 years about how white is not a color, but rather the lack of color, and taste. And the dental ambulance comments from myzmak

Are you sure about this decision to go down this path?
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
Arcades8169.50
      10-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #3642
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Did you not read all the shit I took from Lups daily for over 3 years about how white is not a color, but rather the lack of color, and taste. And the dental ambulance comments from myzmak

I did and while looking at it, those memories actually popped in my head and I .

I'm ready for it, bring it you car less Finn Lups.
Appreciate 3
Wah2778.50
GrussGott18164.00
      10-01-2020, 04:52 PM   #3643
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I did and while looking at it, those memories actually popped in my head and I .

I'm ready for it, bring it you car less Finn Lups.
I regret getting a White car.

I did love my M4 but MW got boring very fast. Then of course seeing it all over was just overkill. I can never do another white car. Just like I don't think my best friend would get another black car.

Mind if I know your monthly?
      10-01-2020, 05:00 PM   #3644
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did you not read all the shit I took
The "dental ambulance" was the best!

Quote:
I did love my M4 but MW got boring very fast.
X5 ordered ... mineral white! kinda funny because I never liked that color, but given the options I decided to go for it. I'm also not getting all the m-crap because suv so I'm thinking all the black trim and stuff will look good with white. I like the old school Audi Allroad look, and we used to have an OG allroad, so I like the plastic fender flares that everyone hates
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
      10-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #3645
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
hey, speaking of getting shit, new topic:

The new colonoscopy recommendation is 45 so I had one and had one small polyp removed - anyway, if you haven't done one, do it. For me it wasn't bad at all - everyone complains about the prep but I insisted on Gavilyte-c which basically just tastes like mildly salty water, not bad at all. The anesthesia wasn't the knockout kind and I'd swear I had nothing because I was completely awake and alert the whole time, lying on my side and didn't feel (or see) thing, and it was super fast, seemed like only 30 seconds.

so here's how it works: the day before, you drink the water, then you poop (bring a book), then you do normal stuff and go to bed, then you wake up a few hours early and drink more water, then you poop the water, then you go to the surgi-center, put on a gown, they IV you, roll you into procedure room, you turn on your side, they say they're starting, then ending, then roll you back to the prep room and you put back on your street clothes and leave. No big deal.

anyway if you're in the age zone, just go do it.
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      10-01-2020, 06:03 PM   #3646
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

I did love my M4 but MW got boring very fast. Then of course seeing it all over was just overkill. I can never do another white car. Just like I don't think my best friend would get another black car.

Financed/bought it for 60 months and is around $15XX.

MW is/was one of my favorite colors. I think is really nice looking, especially in the sun. This is just polar white. The older I get the less I care about exterior colors. I care more about the interior since that is where the time is spent.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18164.00
      10-01-2020, 06:28 PM   #3647
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Financed/bought it for 60 months and is around $15XX.

MW is/was one of my favorite colors. I think is really nice looking, especially in the sun. This is just polar white. The older I get the less I care about exterior colors. I care more about the interior since that is where the time is spent.
Ahh got it.

No down I am assuming? The RS5 I saw was roughly that price per month w/o any discounts.
      10-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #3648
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The older I get the less I care about exterior colors. I care more about the interior since that is where the time is spent.
+1 to that! Though I am a sucker for a polar white & black stormtrooper look! Always thought that was kinda badass.

And, my exception is Moonstone, even my wife would pay $5k to have that again and she couldn't give a shit about colors or cars ... in the case of moonstone it makes the car art - not even joking that she'd want to wait an hour to do errands so she could see the car near dusk when the magic happened.

Some of my favorite moonstone pics (can't do it justice blah blah blah):

In front of the Galleria Vittorio in Milan

galleria close-up

Outside of the cabin where I proposed in Belgium:

Santa Cruz Mountains:

Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      10-01-2020, 07:05 PM   #3649
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
hey, speaking of getting shit, new topic:

The new colonoscopy recommendation is 45 so I had one and had one small polyp removed - anyway, if you haven't done one, do it. For me it wasn't bad at all - everyone complains about the prep but I insisted on Gavilyte-c which basically just tastes like mildly salty water, not bad at all. The anesthesia wasn't the knockout kind and I'd swear I had nothing because I was completely awake and alert the whole time, lying on my side and didn't feel (or see) thing, and it was super fast, seemed like only 30 seconds.

so here's how it works: the day before, you drink the water, then you poop (bring a book), then you do normal stuff and go to bed, then you wake up a few hours early and drink more water, then you poop the water, then you go to the surgi-center, put on a gown, they IV you, roll you into procedure room, you turn on your side, they say they're starting, then ending, then roll you back to the prep room and you put back on your street clothes and leave. No big deal.

anyway if you're in the age zone, just go do it.
You were awake? I think I preferred being knocked out.
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      10-01-2020, 07:18 PM   #3650
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You were awake? I think I preferred being knocked out.
Yeah, totally - they IV'd me, then said they'd go low and slow and if wanted more to just say so. I literally felt no change in any way, but I also didn't feel anything with the procedure - not that I felt numb or anything, just didn't feel any pain or anything. I more/less just rolled onto my side and it was so fast - it was like this:

* ok we're starting the anesthesia (2 seconds)
* ok, we're starting the procedure (maybe 20 seconds?)
* ok, we're going to remove this polyp (maybe 5 seconds)
* ok, we're done

The worst part of the whole thing was trying to figure out how the gown tied together.

From waiting room to pick up was probably 30 min and I had zero after effects, didn't feel woozy or anything. I could've easily driven.
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
      10-01-2020, 07:19 PM   #3651
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Ahh got it.

No down I am assuming? The RS5 I saw was roughly that price per month w/o any discounts.
Yup with interest rates what they were we gave them the ZLE and left with the C63S nothing down.

Edit: That was close to lease prices on RS5s Audi dealers were quoting me with huge discounts and with money down. I really don't get how they were coming up with their numbers. I'll take the buy on this for 0 down over their lease with 4-5k ish down. To be fair this would've leased like shit to.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2020, 08:35 PM   #3652
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hey, what's that old saying? Sun always red like hate, move the fuck outa the state?

BTW, that Hilton was like a block away sooooo yeah, pretty smokey.
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
Wah2778.50