Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-17-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
hworang00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW F80 M3

AW with CF chrome delete or Gloss Black?

I'm trying to decide on whether I wanna do ALL CF for my chrome delete or a mixture of gloss black and CF. I'm torn as I don't think the CF would be that noticeable except in the wallet...but then how much CF is worth it? Any comparison pics would be helpful I tried to find some but they aren't up close shots of the parts just like LARGE pull backs with no description. Or if you have pics of your car, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks boys!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 07:42 PM   #2
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Any specifics you'd like to see? I've got pretty much a full cf aero kit and chrome deleted (gloss black) everything that was chrome. Personally, I think cf vents, grills, handles, and really anything that isn't aero is a tad overkill but to each their own!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 07:56 PM   #3
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
Any specifics you'd like to see? I've got pretty much a full cf aero kit and chrome deleted (gloss black) everything that was chrome. Personally, I think cf vents, grills, handles, and really anything that isn't aero is a tad overkill but to each their own!
Quote:

1 more question - What color is your car?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 06:40 AM   #4
hworang00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagR2611 View Post
1 more question - What color is your car?
Sorry, I put it in the title, I should've been more clear. Alpine White.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what parts I should get carbon because people, me included, can't tell the CF parts sometimes. It seems like a waste of money. The rear spoiler, rear diffuser, front lit, and side skirts I get...but the other stuff (grills, side markers, etc) just seem like it's such a small difference that it not worth the money, but I guess when I bought the car years ago I had an idea to go full CF. So just trying visualize some examples.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 06:42 AM   #5
hworang00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The front end and side is really what I want to see, like an mid level zoom shot of the front would be useful to be able to see what it looks like.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 07:03 PM   #6
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworang00 View Post
Quote:
The front end and side is really what I want to see, like an mid level zoom shot of the front would be useful to be able to see what it looks like.
Oh sorry! I didn't notice the request for AW. My car is BSM so I might not be of any help but here's a pic anyways

EDIT: Not sure why the quality when uploaded is so poor...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #7
hworang00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh sorry! I didn't notice the request for AW. My car is BSM so I might not be of any help but here's a pic anyways

Yoo I appreciate it anyway! I know the lip is CF, but what other parts are CF vs. gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 06:52 PM   #8
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yoo I appreciate it anyway! I know the lip is CF, but what other parts are CF vs. gloss black.
I got the lip, splitters, mirror caps, and side skirts in carbon fiber. Only other carbon fiber i plan on getting is the diffuser.

The gloss black parts are the door handles, side markers, grill, and the antenna cover. Again, just my opinion, but any of those parts in carbon fiber would look tacky.

However, if you have AW, you could totally get away with getting all the aero and assorted parts I mentioned above in gloss black and it would look great plus it would save you a decent amount of money. I know a guy somewhere on here that did just that, if I can find it I'll send you pics.

Btw smart decision getting AW, BSM is a bitch and a half to keep clean. Never again.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 08:31 AM   #9
hworang00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Btw smart decision getting AW, BSM is a bitch and a half to keep clean. Never again.
I ended up going gloss black for the grills, trunk emblem, side markers, and the horizontal slate for the rear reflectors and front reflectors in AW. Love the look...thanks for the help guys! Now I can post pictures if someone wants to see what it looks like haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 09:41 AM   #10
Kal_el
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
I'm trying to decide on whether I wanna do ALL CF for my chrome delete or a mixture of gloss black and CF. I'm torn as I don't think the CF would be that noticeable except in the wallet...but then how much CF is worth it? Any comparison pics would be helpful I tried to find some but they aren't up close shots of the parts just like LARGE pull backs with no description. Or if you have pics of your car, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks boys!
Black and CF from a distance will probably contrast the same, especially on AW. Do you have a CF roof? I’m not one to over spend on really expensive CF pieces. I purchased replica CF for mine as I felt the car needed some contrast and I have a CF roof, plus I love CF. CF front lip, sides, rear diffuser, and spoiler.

As you can see, from a distance you can’t tell until you get closer and can see the weave. I’d go CF but that just my opinion. I hope this helps.
Attached Images