BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-08-2020, 08:40 AM   #23
zenohua
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3, 21 G80 M3

Same issues happened before, the only solution I have found is before start the car, press the ignition without press the brake pedal which means turn on the accessories mode, then start the car. Never had the problem after that.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:53 AM   #24
BigdawggyM4
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2017

M performance Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg75 View Post
Heat only affects the center-screen display. If you turn on the wheel by long, simultaneous pressing of both buttons, some of the LEDs on each side will light and flash to confirm it's on and will run without center display until cool enough. LEDs will still function. Once the cabin cools down--few minutes with AC on or windows open--tap either button to turn on the center display.
I live in Chicago area, and it always having issue with heat. I was in place eating with friends, hot 90 degree day. Came out 90 minutes later, wheel didn't work. Had AC on high, after 30 minute drive home, still didn't work. parked in my garage, 1 hour later, still not work. 2 hours later, ok. Following weekend it was 50's at night, got up and had my convertible top down, driving it was barely 70 degrees in early am. After 15 minutes it stopped working. Shut car off while in store, top up, it was not even hot in the car, still not work. Got home, shut car off, 2 hours later work again.

This wheel horrible. I would never buy and wish I could sell and get my money back. My car has been to the dealer 3 times to fix this, still not fixed.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 11:31 AM   #25
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

In the E9X forum there are the same stories with the M Performance steering wheel. I'm sure it's an install issue.

I have two of these and they work 100% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 12:04 PM   #26
JovanUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 M4 F83 CP, '18 M140i SHA.

hi everyone, im having issues with mine, literally wont turn on. it has come on a couple times but then dies 10seconds later. dealer had it 2 days and couldnt figure out why. says install is perfect. when i collected it, it worked for a full 5 mins on the way home but then died mid journey and hasnt been on since. any ideas? they said it could be faulty part and will start a warranty request but i doubt its faulty - as surely it wouldnt work at all?

"If it depreciates, lease it. If it appreciates, buy it."
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 02:00 PM   #27
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JovanUK View Post
hi everyone, im having issues with mine, literally wont turn on. it has come on a couple times but then dies 10seconds later. dealer had it 2 days and couldnt figure out why. says install is perfect. when i collected it, it worked for a full 5 mins on the way home but then died mid journey and hasnt been on since. any ideas? they said it could be faulty part and will start a warranty request but i doubt its faulty - as surely it wouldnt work at all?
I would guess that the wire taps that are a necessary part of the install are a likely reason why the install might look perfect but isn't. Some people have had reliability problems with the supplied wire taps, a good alternative is to use different, less flimsy taps or manually solder instead.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 08:42 PM   #28
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

I've had mine on for a few months. It sometimes shuts off (rarely), but for the most part (usually starts back up with another restart of engine), I've had no issues with mine. I've had mine professionally installed.

Hopefully this helps:

1)The wheel shuts off automatically after 10 minutes or so. You have to turn it on again by a long press of both buttons.

2) Another thing that I noted. You have to be in the correct mode. If you are in Efficient Dynamics mode, it will start up but not show anything on the LEDs (unless you've calculated the ratio). The Efficient mode focuses on having you shift at the right time to be err... 'Efficient. Only in the other 2 modes (Sport and Timer) do you actually see the rest of the functions like temperature, LED shift lights etc. stay on. This got me confused for a day or two. RTM carefully.

The other cases in this thread look like an install issue or bad wheel.
Appreciate 0