BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-15-2021, 05:13 AM   #1
Walkabout
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 & F11

Cracked hub on CCB

Hi, unfortunately the hub on my CCB (right rear) cracked on my F82 this week. No idea why or how. 2014 model so no warranty unfortunately.

To what I've been able to do research on, the hub is interchangeable (as the "brake path" is not damaged). Do anyone have any experience with this?

What I'm looking for could perhaps be an OEM hub sold separately or someone with a right rear CCB with a damaged brake path but working CCB that would be willing to sell.

Deeply grateful for all input on this.

Fun fact: The BMW retailer will charge 10.000 USD for a new set of rear CCB. So I'm going for a M2 Competition brake conversion (front and rear) if I'm not able to get a second hand hub - which will cost me about 1/5 of the quote for a new set of rear CCB.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 04:00 AM   #2
Walkabout
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 & F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
To what I've been able to do research on, the hub is interchangeable (as the "brake path" is not damaged). Do anyone have any experience with this?
If anyone should be wondering later on, the hub is interchangeable. Got a second hand hub from Germany and it is now working fine.
Appreciate 1
guess2098516.00
      06-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #3
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

Quote:
Quote:
If anyone should be wondering later on, the hub is interchangeable. Got a second hand hub from Germany and it is now working fine.
Thanks for the tip
Appreciate 0