Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

12-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #177
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amans_e90 View Post
No they are not. Why you mad? Cause I know how to manage my money at a young age? I'm doing more than you and I'm only 23?

Let's say my parents buy me a 7-Eleven. They are going to buy it for me and it's gonna run it self?

I don't know why y'all get mad when young people are doing shit that took you guys so long. This part isn't directed towards you unless you're an older person.

I can afford an m3. What you said is you can afford it you wouldn't be thinking about getting a mustang.

A lot of people are. So you should get off your high horse with the 04 m3 and possibly stock 5 series that has rims and tint and you think it's modded.
Get off your high horse, you own one 7-11. Not saying its not impressive at your age (assuming you bought it yourself, if your parents bought it for you its completely unimpressive). Also the fact that your claiming you can go out a buy a newish zr1 or brand new C63 AMG is probably why he made the mommy or daddy comment considering the median income for a 7-11 owner is $68,000. Idk about you but you would have to be prety dumb to go buy a $100,000 zrl if your making $70,000 for the year.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #178
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanyam3 View Post
I highly doubt anybody that can afford an m3 or m4 will buy a mustang lol. The m3 is in a class of its own.
I could write a check for an M3/M4 right now without any trouble, and I'm definitely driving the 2015 Mustang before I even put down a deposit.

Whether an M3 is in a class of its own all comes down to how to classify cars. Yes, the M3/M4 is a very different car than the Mustang GT, but if you're focused primarily on performance, the 'Stang is a car you have to look at.

I work from home, so I don't have a work commute. Day-to-day, we drive the X3, which is a perfect balance of comfort and utility for our household. When I get another sports coupe, my focus will be performance. I enjoyed my 1-series because it has just enough of the BMW refinement. If Ford does a passable job with the build-quality, the performance of the Mustang coupled with the cost savings is going to make the decision very difficult for me. I'd love to keep the $20k.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #179
basscadet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

There are statistics on the Internet about the median income of a 7-11 owner?

And you spent time finding it?

This thread just keeps getting better and better.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #180
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

I love the rear end!

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #181
khanyam4
Ring Leader of G8X Trolls
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
No they are not. Why you mad? Cause I know how to manage my money at a young age? I'm doing more than you and I'm only 23?

Let's say my parents buy me a 7-Eleven. They are going to buy it for me and it's gonna run it self?

I don't know why y'all get mad when young people are doing shit that took you guys so long. This part isn't directed towards you unless you're an older person.

I can afford an m3. What you said is you can afford it you wouldn't be thinking about getting a mustang.

A lot of people are. So you should get off your high horse with the 04 m3 and possibly stock 5 series that has rims and tint and you think it's modded.
Wow I'm impressed by you with your research 23 owning a 7 11 lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #182
khanyam4
Cambodia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
I could write a check for an M3/M4 right now without any trouble, and I'm definitely driving the 2015 Mustang before I even put down a deposit.

Whether an M3 is in a class of its own all comes down to how to classify cars. Yes, the M3/M4 is a very different car than the Mustang GT, but if you're focused primarily on performance, the 'Stang is a car you have to look at.

I work from home, so I don't have a work commute. Day-to-day, we drive the X3, which is a perfect balance of comfort and utility for our household. When I get another sports coupe, my focus will be performance. I enjoyed my 1-series because it has just enough of the BMW refinement. If Ford does a passable job with the build-quality, the performance of the Mustang coupled with the cost savings is going to make the decision very difficult for me. I'd love to keep the $20k.
I hope u enjoy the 2015 mustang and that saving of 20k is going to good.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #183
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by basscadet View Post
There are statistics on the Internet about the median income of a 7-11 owner?

And you spent time finding it?

This thread just keeps getting better and better.
Haha well i just found it a little unbelievable that owning one 7-11 would allow you to go and a buy a $100,000 car (assuming r not financing the car over a crazy amount of years)

Last edited by K19BMW; 12-06-2013 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #184
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
I hope u enjoy the 2015 mustang and that saving of 20k is going to good.
It's not like I've decided on the Mustang. I'm just pointing out that people who can afford an M3/M4 might still cross-shop the Mustang. For me, it's going to come down to whether I think I can tolerate the retro styling (not a fan), and how the car feels when I drive it. Basically, if the handling and performance outweigh the interior quality and styling, I could end up in a Mustang.

I just won't rule it out because of a badge or perceived prestige. I couldn't care less about either.

EDIT: And if you can't see the value in saving $20k (no matter how well off you are) then you and I come from different backgrounds. I know what it's like to have nothing, and what it's like to have "enough". I don't care how many zeros are in by bank balance, I'm always looking at my bottom line.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #185
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:

i don't understand why you even have to start making comments like this. you really give us younger people a bad rep.

of course there are people who buy mustang that can afford other things. who cares, we are here to talk cars. not how old/money you make.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #186
khanyam4
Cambodia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityM3 View Post
Also, its the entire package that matters. The M3 was winning comparos versus Porsche 911 turbos and GTRs at the time, not because it was faster, but because of the entire package and how it worked together and made for an unbeatable experience. Several journalists and race drivers billed it as one of the best all around cars in the world and was probably winning 95% of every comparison test, of which subjective measures on driving experience were a component in addition to performance. Obviously, competition catches up, but would be hard pressed to believe the Mustang GT really gets those sorts of accolades at that price point. It's not like there is going to be so much content in the Mustang GT that Ford isn't making money off them, so you do get what you pay for to a certain degree.
Nice post
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #187
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amans_e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanyam3
I highly doubt anybody that can afford an m3 or m4 will buy a mustang lol. The m3 is in a class of its own.
I just turned 23 last month. I drive a 335i. My dad drives a gl550. My dad owns a business and 8 houses. I own my own 7-Eleven.

By looking at all that I think I could afford an m3. My next car choices are a ZR1,2016 C63 ( or when ever the next gen one comes out), and a Mustang.

You should stop doubting things lol
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #188
khanyam4
Cambodia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
It's not like I've decided on the Mustang. I'm just pointing out that people who can afford an M3/M4 might still cross-shop the Mustang. For me, it's going to come down to whether I think I can tolerate the retro styling (not a fan), and how the car feels when I drive it. Basically, if the handling and performance outweigh the interior quality and styling, I could end up in a Mustang.

I just won't rule it out because of a badge or perceived prestige. I couldn't care less about either.

EDIT: And if you can't see the value in saving $20k (no matter how well off you are) then you and I come from different backgrounds. I know what it's like to have nothing, and what it's like to have "enough". I don't care how many zeros are in by bank balance, I'm always looking at my bottom line.
I'm completely with you on the money thing, let me say it again if you can afford an m3 or m4 why would you consider a mustang, it's a general statement not directed at anyone. It seem some got offended by to extent of stating their asset and wealth.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #189
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
If the next Boss has a NA flat-plane crank V8, that will just sh*t all over the force induction M3/M4.
You do realize that power is what matters and not the arrangement of the rod journal about the crankshaft right? Sure flat plane has some advantages but it is mostly acoustic. Cross plane V8 with even x+10 hp than a flat plane V8 with x hp is a CLEAR win for the cross plane. Now that being said I would love to see a Stang with the flat plane choice.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #190
amanuuh
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW
Quote:

Get off your high horse, you own one 7-11. Not saying its not impressive at your age (assuming you bought it yourself, if your parents bought it for you its completely unimpressive). Also the fact that your claiming you can go out a buy a newish zr1 or brand new C63 AMG is probably why he made the mommy or daddy comment considering the median income for a 7-11 owner is $68,000. Idk about you but you would have to be prety dumb to go buy a $100,000 zrl if your making $70,000 for the year.
Ok the median is 68 a year. My store is a high volume store with gas. So sales it does over 150,000 a month. Over 2 mil a year. Plus gas. We get 1 cent a gallon. The store does over 120,000 gallons a month.

Ok so 150,000 in sales. 60 percent goes to inventory. Which leaves 90. 7-Eleven takes 51 percent. Which leaves me 44. About 10k a month for employees. 15k plus minor issues that happen in the store. So that's about 17-18k a month plus 2k for gas. So about 20. It's called median for a reason. Doesn't apply to everyone.
      12-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #191
basscadet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
I'm completely with you on the money thing, let me say it again if you can afford an m3 or m4 why would you consider a mustang, it's a general statement not directed at anyone. It seem some got offended by to extent of stating their asset and wealth.
Just because I can afford an M3 does not mean I am oblivious to the greater value proposition of the Mustang.

I am not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

There are people who live in $500,000 houses who can afford $1.5m houses but choose not to.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #192
bklounge
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok the median is 68 a year. My store is a high volume store with gas. So sales it does over 150,000 a month. Over 2 mil a year. Plus gas. We get 1 cent a gallon. The store does over 120,000 gallons a month.

Ok so 150,000 in sales. 60 percent goes to inventory. Which leaves 90. 7-Eleven takes 51 percent. Which leaves me 44. About 10k a month for employees. 15k plus minor issues that happen in the store. So that's about 17-18k a month plus 2k for gas. So about 20. It's called median for a reason. Doesn't apply to everyone.
LoL are you fucking serious. No one cares.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #193
conradb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 (ZCP/DCT/ZCV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityM3 View Post
I think everyone is forgetting the fact that Ford is targeting the M3's handling, which is a direct admission that the M3 is a superior handling car with a better overall feel. For Ford to come right out and say this is huge compliment to BMW. For those who say the Mustang GT is just as good of handling car, citing the MT article with Randy Pobst, sure a pro race driver can extract everything out of a car and overcome inherent weaknesses but an amateur driver, different story. As an extreme example of driver skill overcoming a car's weaknesses, look at Sabine Schmitz driving a hauling van on the Nurburgring and nearly matching Jeremy Clarkson's time in a Jag S-type

Also, its the entire package that matters. The M3 was winning comparos versus Porsche 911 turbos and GTRs at the time, not because it was faster, but because of the entire package and how it worked together and made for an unbeatable experience. Several journalists and race drivers billed it as one of the best all around cars in the world and was probably winning 95% of every comparison test, of which subjective measures on driving experience were a component in addition to performance. Obviously, competition catches up, but would be hard pressed to believe the Mustang GT really gets those sorts of accolades at that price point. It's not like there is going to be so much content in the Mustang GT that Ford isn't making money off them, so you do get what you pay for to a certain degree.
If you saw the GT vs M3 vid, Pobst won in the M3 by a hair. They said they believed that the average driver would win in the GT, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
One of the problems with the Mustang has been weak brakes. US publications do single lap timings with cooling breaks. In a real race the BMW would win.
lol wut? The track pack with Brembo brakes are weak brakes? I think you got your cars mixed up. The M3's brakes are garbage, and I own one and have tracked it numerous times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Funny to see people that drive the "ultimate driving machine" comparing interiors.

I wouldn't drive a BMW if I gave a sh*t about interiors. BMW interiors are nothing special, there are much better interiors coming out of Germany.

Fact is the new Mustang GT will match M4 performance specs, maybe exceed it. For a price tag near $30k. Now that it has a proper suspension, haters only have one last thing to hold on too.
This is true. The e9x generation is fugly, for the most part. I've had a 2006 325i, 2007 335i, and a 2011 M3. While the M3's interior is miles better than the old 325i/335i I had, it is still pretty barren and meh.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #194
amanuuh
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklounge
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LoL are you fucking serious. No one cares.
Lol I'm done here. All i said was you can have money and want a mustang. But arguing on the Internet is pointless. I should stop.
      12-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #195
kinkkink
Rep
Drives: 335i & 997.2 Turbo PDK

Garage List
2010 Porsche Turbo  [10.00]
2011 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:

lol @ this guy

2011 BMW 335i M Sport
2010 Porsche Turbo, HRE CL40s, Champion Intercoolers and Y Pipe, IPD Plenum, Europipe Exhaust, ES Motor Tune
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #196
Dave2011M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 MR/BLK ZCP

The TrackPack will also have 15" Brembos w/ 6 piston calipers.

This new Stang is going to be a force to reckon with. Wait until the SE Mustangs come out.

I love my M3 but I have to say if this car was available now I may not have gotten a 2013 M3.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #197
onehungevo
Captain
Rep
Drives:

The looks aren't different enough than the current model for me. I'm out!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #198
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
You do realize that power is what matters and not the arrangement of the rod journal about the crankshaft right? Sure flat plane has some advantages but it is mostly acoustic. Cross plane V8 with even x+10 hp than a flat plane V8 with x hp is a CLEAR win for the cross plane. Now that being said I would love to see a Stang with the flat plane choice.
Flat plane crank allows higher maximum revs and provides sharper response. A high revving V8, along with flat plane crank sound, in a lighter Mustang with a proper suspension. Count me in for one amazing foundation for a track car.
Appreciate 0