proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

09-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #45
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Hahaha. Oh boy. Don't let the M2 owners read that one. Shit storm on its way
LOL, you crack me up with your comments man
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 05:53 AM   #46
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
That's almost always the case. Marketing and hype is where it's at and what drives prices higher than what something is worth.

With my F80 have have learned to wait until it is in the hands of the general public a few years before making a big performance purchase again.

The M has its strong points, but from a pure performance perspective ( which goes into traction, stability control system, suspension tuning, and vibrating brake rotors) I have been disappointed in the M for what I paid for it.

Any performance cars needs to be in the hands of the general public and honest reviews online about pro/con and not fanboy reviews need to take place.

I'm thinking GT350 next round as it's been out and proven from a performance standpoint now.

Performance cars are getting expensive these days and unless you have a limitless checkbook making the wrong decision is very costly and means you're usually stuck for awhile.

For me , having something proven is better than having the latest and greatest now.
If you're worried about quality control on your next car I'm not sure a GT350 is the right place to go

@///M/// sure the M2 has can use more of its performance compared to its limit on the street. Wont argue with you there. But the true fact is you cannot mess with an M2 or an M4 on the street for more than a couple seconds before you're in go-to-jail speeds so neither can really be used on the street.
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321121.00
      09-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #47
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

I'm someone who went with an M2 over a M4 after driving both (coming out of a CLS63). My buddy went M3 after driving M2/M3/M4.

I personally won't miss my big honking V8 and if I was to miss it the 6 in the F80/F82 wasn't going to make me not miss it. So all this big bad 'underpowered' talk is pretty funny considering where our cars are on the food chain.

Different strokes for different folks.
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00
      09-05-2017, 11:18 PM   #48
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

^hence why I made this post. Car is very capable. From a previous M2 owner.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1419089
Appreciate 0