R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

02-14-2021, 08:41 PM   #1
ohohoh123456
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Nice experience with LM Performance (also somewhat unhappy with vividracing)

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share my recent experience on ordering vorsteiner diffuser with everyone. I ordered through vividracing in late October, was told 6-8 weeks, by the end of 6 weeks, I checked in and was told expected shipping at around that 8 weeks mark. So I checked again at 8 weeks and I was told they received it in stock and would be shipped next week. Nothing was shipped in the next week so I checked again and was told basically it's delayed. Then I waited another 4 weeks, checked in multiple times, vivid continued to tell me that vorsteiner informed them it's delayed. At week 12/13 I checked again and was told will be shipped within the week but then nothing happened again.

At the end of the 15 weeks mark, I felt like I was totally in the dark because every time vivid told me it'll be shipped, nothing ever happened and further their customer service's generic copy+paste response really frustrated me. And I started to feel like if I don't do something I may never get it...so I started checking other vendors.

Then what I discovered was very surprising. IND told me they don't have it in stock, but they could buy it from another source and get it to me within a week. Then I found this super cool vendor "LMPerformance" (https://www.lmperformance.com/) have the diffuser in stock at super competitive price. At first I was a bit nervous to buy this expensive piece from a less popular vendor (unlike a lot of other vendors active on fb or bimmerpost). But I'm now very pleased how well my order was handled. Customer service was very helpful over the phone to check their inventory and confirmed in stock with me, told me they will ship the next day because it was very late that day and if I don't receive tracking, call them again to check in. I called in early afternoon the next day (i was continuing to be a bit nervous), told me I'd see tracking within a couple hours. And within a couple hours I got the tracking. The diffuser just arrived today (fedex delayed a day on the way) and I'm now waiting for a good day to come to hit the shop, hopefully soon.

I know it was probably not vivid's fault that I had to wait this long. I think they did try, especially at around 6 weeks I discovered other vendors were selling the diffuser at discount. I brought this with my sales rep and he was very nice to do a price match for me. But at the end this wait was quite frustrating especially since now I realize I may have been able to get this a long time ago (chicago is very heavily covered by snow now but there were many nice days during dec/jan I could go out to get it installed).

Anyway, HIGHLY recommend LM Performance if anyone is looking to buy stuff. Great service, great price, fast delivery.

PS: also want to point out to vivid rep that it wasn't cool to tell someone you will get back to them but never do, every single time.
Attached Images

Last edited by ohohoh123456; 02-14-2021 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0