proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-28-2020, 10:15 AM   #23
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelc5 View Post
I have a 2015 F82 can it be done?
No, only 2016 can be converted.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 05:04 PM   #24
Dmanfiman
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadtjunge View Post
I'd love to see video of the CarPlay addition into the 2016 model. The 2GB vs 4GB has me slightly concerned.
Little bit of a necrobump here:

Likewise interested in any videos or real feedback. Sent an email with VIN and they're saying it'll work for my 2016 M4.
      06-06-2022, 05:42 PM   #25
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanfiman View Post
Little bit of a necrobump here:

Likewise interested in any videos or real feedback. Sent an email with VIN and they're saying it'll work for my 2016 M4.
Replied.
CarPlay works like OEM. No issues on 2GB Ram. Confirmed by many customers
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 04:27 PM   #26
Dmanfiman
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Replied.
CarPlay works like OEM. No issues on 2GB Ram. Confirmed by many customers
Cool. Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger. It won't affect any existing coding or flash tunes will it? I already have some coding done for other items.
      06-07-2022, 05:06 PM   #27
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanfiman View Post
Cool. Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger. It won't affect any existing coding or flash tunes will it? I already have some coding done for other items.
No affect on Tunes or Coding. Only coding in headunit - which you'll get included in pack.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 10:29 AM   #28
cheeber
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 550i, 15 m4

Nbt to nbt evo 2015 f83

Just did a conversion from nbt to nbt evo id6. I am very happy with the upgrade and wanted to share my experience.

Had a bad hdd in my nbt Hu and decided to upgrade to evo primarily to have CarPlay. I went with a used (eBay) mini Hu with 4gb ram and gps fakra connection to enable native gps without atm (not sure I will ever use it with CarPlay). Hu does not have optical drive but I never used it on the older nbt unit. Kept existing screen which required transformer to change the voltage.

Hu Flash and Coding done remotely by kubax86 who did the gtx performance upgrade at the same time.

Had some initial difficulties communicating with Hu through oabr for flash when using a harness purchased on eBay. Used instead a direct connection to Hu oabr with Ethernet cable and using an Ethernet switch to enable communication with hu and obd2/car simultaneously. Hu flash and performance upgrade took about two hours and all worked well after the programming session. Highly recommend kubax86!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 10:37 AM   #29
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeber View Post
Just did a conversion from nbt to nbt evo id6. I am very happy with the upgrade and wanted to share my experience.

Had a bad hdd in my nbt Hu and decided to upgrade to evo primarily to have CarPlay. I went with a used (eBay) mini Hu with 4gb ram and gps fakra connection to enable native gps without atm (not sure I will ever use it with CarPlay). Hu does not have optical drive but I never used it on the older nbt unit. Kept existing screen which required transformer to change the voltage.

Hu Flash and Coding done remotely by kubax86 who did the gtx performance upgrade at the same time.

Had some initial difficulties communicating with Hu through oabr for flash when using a harness purchased on eBay. Used instead a direct connection to Hu oabr with Ethernet cable and using an Ethernet switch to enable communication with hu and obd2/car simultaneously. Hu flash and performance upgrade took about two hours and all worked well after the programming session. Highly recommend kubax86!!!
Thank you very much for trusting BIMMER-REMOTE services
Appreciate 0