Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

02-18-2024, 03:48 PM   #23
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
I haven’t, just assumed if it was like the other kit. Definitely agree, I wouldn’t want it on the bottom, although I don’t believe it would affect the spring diameter either way. But it would increase the perch?

I was thinking this kit on TTX46. Have various cups for down to a 2.25ID. https://www.stanceparts.com/product/tankless-front-kit/
Perhaps I should have said spring perch/seat length/diameter (KW’s increases both) or just damper diameter and effective increased main spring length.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 06:38 AM   #24
noemon
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
The length of the hose looks to be too short to mount the remote reservoir inside the trunk. It might be just long enough to get it into the trunk. You don’t need a QD to get the damper into the trunk.
Just bought the 1K2 with ARC and BT and thinking whether to get it with longer hoses for the boot?

The installer said he usually clamps them on the lower arms.

What would you recommend?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 07:29 AM   #25
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noemon View Post
Just bought the 1K2 with ARC and BT and thinking whether to get it with longer hoses for the boot?

The installer said he usually clamps them on the lower arms.

What would you recommend?
I’ve always mounted remote reservoirs in the trunk/boot. Although you can install reservoirs in the trunk without QDs, having them makes an install easier and gives you more options to install them. I have three setups currently without them and all are routed thru the vents on both sides of the trunk/boot.

Are the remote reservoirs, and the dampers, connected to the hose with swivel banjo fittings? If not, mounting them in the trunk will be more difficult because the reservoir is fixed in its position relative to the hose. Looking at the pictures in the OP it appears the reservoirs are fixed to the hose. However, there might be a banjo fitting on the rear damper but I can’t tell with the front struts because I can’t see the top of the camber plates.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 10:49 AM   #26
noemon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eidos View Post
This is customizable but unfortunately I didn't think in advance to ask for a longer length hose. Basically everything is bespoke to your desired setup and goals.
Where did you end up mounting them?

And would you recommend trunk length for boot installation?

The installer here in the UK said he usually mounts them on the control arms.

I'm thinking trunk mount would perhaps affect the NVH in the car and reduce the boot space as well.

The car is mostly a daily as well.

Also can I ask you about the top mounts.

Did it come with Intrax top mounts?

I asked mine to be OEM ready because again I am worried about the NVH in the car.

If you put the Intrax ones, did it cause much NVH to increase?

What configuration are you running?

I can see from your car description that it is more track oriented so different priorities there, but I would appreciate your input.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 03:10 PM   #27
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'm thinking trunk mount would perhaps affect the NVH in the car and reduce the boot space as well.
Why would you expect mounting the remote reservoir in the trunk would increase NVH?

With QD fittings you can mount them under the removable trunk floor cover or, if you use the side vents, the remote reservoirs mount in the recessed areas at the backsides of the trunk (where the battery cover is on one side). No reduction in practical trunk storage/volume.
Appreciate 1
noemon46.00
      02-22-2024, 08:27 PM   #28
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Here is what I did for my MCS setup. I would opt for the QD/Dry Breaks

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1925558
Attached Images

04-24-2024, 04:52 PM   #29
noemon
Private
Rep

My Intrax arrived, installed the fronts today will tackle the rears tomorrow.

Questions:

1) Where did they mount the accelerometer? I tie wrapped it on a hydraulic line and made sure both are sitting on the same height.

2) What settings are you running? .ie how many clicks front and rear?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 05:27 PM   #30
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Questions:

1) Where did they mount the accelerometer? I tie wrapped it on a hydraulic line and made sure both are sitting on the same height.

1 - place a plastic bag over the connector and zip tie it to a convenient location that doesn’t move with steering and suspension travel.

2 - iirc, you’re running spring rates close, or identical, to stock rates. I believe there’s at least only one other person running Intrax dampers with remote reservoirs and much higher spring rates. So your non-remote dampers will have different damping rates even for the same number of clicks and your softer springs will require far less damping to control unsprung and sprung masses. Assuming your dampers have 20 clicks of adjustability, I’d recommend starting around 5 clicks from fully open (minimum damping settings) and adjust from there. If you were on a track, I’d recommend starting both at 0 (fully open) and adjust R until things feel well controlled. Then start increasing C until you achieve the ride quality or performance you’re looking for.
Appreciate 1
noemon46.00
      04-24-2024, 05:38 PM   #31
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:

Questions:

1. Not sure. I have an OG M2 without EDC.

2. The Intrax pamphlet should have the recommended # of clicks for your setup. For my "typical" settings, it was 15 clicks starting from fully closed for the front, and 26 clicks for the rear.
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 1
noemon46.00