EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons

08-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #23
M3shadow
+
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

No support for Downpipes with Dinan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELVIN7 View Post
Does it clear CEL for catless downpipe?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #24
te37
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SO 6MT

I feel your pain man....
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 11:05 AM   #25
M3shadow
+
Rep

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #26
M3shadow
+
Rep

Price drop 2250.00
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #27
M3shadow
+
Rep

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #28
M3shadow
+
Rep

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 03:33 PM   #29
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

im interested...let me see local new canadian pricing and see if this makes sense for me
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #30
M3shadow
+
Rep

Great, let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
im interested...let me see local new canadian pricing and see if this makes sense for me
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 10:22 AM   #31
M3shadow
+
Rep

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #32
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

$2000? Serious buyer
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 12:17 AM   #33
M3shadow
+
Rep

PM sent
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
$2000? Serious buyer
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 02:44 PM   #34
M3shadow
+
Rep

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 12:26 AM   #35
BMW9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 / Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELVIN7
Does it clear CEL for catless downpipe?
No.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 09:58 AM   #36
1SIK_I8
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: I8

I guess it's hard to sell Dinan product's now a days. GLWS. Free bump.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 04:37 PM   #37
M3shadow
+
Rep

Price drop 2000.00
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 10:31 AM   #38
M3shadow
+
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 08:47 AM   #39
Cancelled1234
Private
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by te37 View Post
I contacted Dinan about purchasing a second hand unit and this is what they said, this was to help me, you and a future buyer. I'm sure you already registered your vin when you purchased it, so it would need to be registered again with the new owner.
Sounds like Dinan is using their warranty to justify being the most expensive tune on the market, and to completely eliminate the resale value of their products on the secondary market. They want to force everyone to buy new, and render used equipment nearly useless.

IMO, there is no reason that Dinan should charge someone almost the cost of a new unit, to have it registered to a new VIN. Nothing about the unit has changed. Shouldn't it be just as safe to use on the second car?

Maybe they feel the VIN registering is the only way to track where their units are used, and what other possible un-warrantable mods may have been used on any one particular car.

Either way, I say whoever buys the unit will still get a very good quality unit that will probably protect their car's systems if an owner does the "wrong" mod combination. Sure, there are cheaper tunes that give more persfomance and control, but this is the safest tune. From what I hear, this tune will basically shut the car down if the setup of mods is going to damage the car. It increases performance when it senses a "safe" combination of mods, and it will back off on some performance settings if the owner is "pushing" the limits to a point where the car might be damaged.

I know us BMW enthusiasts like the idea of being in control of our tunes and mods, but some of us (older usually) want to put in a Dinan so we can get increased performance with minimal effort and time to invest.

Am I making sense?
Appreciate 1
MW16M357.50
      11-19-2016, 09:09 AM   #40
te37
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SO 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosek View Post
Sounds like Dinan is using their warranty to justify being the most expensive tune on the market, and to completely eliminate the resale value of their products on the secondary market. They want to force everyone to buy new, and render used equipment nearly useless.

IMO, there is no reason that Dinan should charge someone almost the cost of a new unit, to have it registered to a new VIN. Nothing about the unit has changed. Shouldn't it be just as safe to use on the second car?

Maybe they feel the VIN registering is the only way to track where their units are used, and what other possible un-warrantable mods may have been used on any one particular car.

Either way, I say whoever buys the unit will still get a very good quality unit that will probably protect their car's systems if an owner does the "wrong" mod combination. Sure, there are cheaper tunes that give more persfomance and control, but this is the safest tune. From what I hear, this tune will basically shut the car down if the setup of mods is going to damage the car. It increases performance when it senses a "safe" combination of mods, and it will back off on some performance settings if the owner is "pushing" the limits to a point where the car might be damaged.

I know us BMW enthusiasts like the idea of being in control of our tunes and mods, but some of us (older usually) want to put in a Dinan so we can get increased performance with minimal effort and time to invest.

Am I making sense?
The quote you have of mine is actually not fully correct. The unit was registered to a specific vin when it was installed, and will only warranty that vin for the rest of the life of that tune...pretty much. Basically Dinan will not re-register a second hand unit to a different car without you buying new cables and sending the box in for inspection.

You can put it on another car (without registering it) and it will work great just don't expect Dinan to do anything if your engine fails.

p.s. from what i understand this unit was never registered so you technically could register it as new, but not sure if Dinan would flag that registration if they saw hold long it had been since purchase and registration.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #41
M3shadow
+
Rep

Yes, that's correct the Dinantronics hasn't been installed or registered. Hardness and piggyback remain in sealed packaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by te37 View Post
The quote you have of mine is actually not fully correct. The unit was registered to a specific vin when it was installed, and will only warranty that vin for the rest of the life of that tune...pretty much. Basically Dinan will not re-register a second hand unit to a different car without you buying new cables and sending the box in for inspection.

You can put it on another car (without registering it) and it will work great just don't expect Dinan to do anything if your engine fails.

p.s. from what i understand this unit was never registered so you technically could register it as new, but not sure if Dinan would flag that registration if they saw hold long it had been since purchase and registration.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #42
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Either way guys, I just put my stage 2 dinan on yesterday and it was used. It really wakes up the car. Turbo lag is minimal and the top end has much more thrust. Really amazing this tune is 50 state legal and it's super reliable
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #43
Cancelled1234
Private
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by te37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosek View Post

Am I making sense?

Oh sorry. I did not mean secondhand Dinan tunes are useless. I meant to say their value is hit hard because the warranty is not transferable. Sounds like your should be worth a good amount more than one that was opened and registered.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 09:16 AM   #44
M3shadow
+
Rep

Price Drop 1800.00
Appreciate 0