GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-22-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
Fatjonkelmendi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw F80 M3

New VRSF single midpipe

Just bought the new single midpipe from VRSF this midpipe has 10–10 fitment and also adds a very deep tone to the exhaust note, by far the best exhaust mod I have done to my car.

https://www.vr-speed.com
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
Weechard
M3
Rep
Drives: 2013 MW m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatjonkelmendi View Post
Just bought the new single midpipe from VRSF this midpipe has 10–10 fitment and also adds a very deep tone to the exhaust note, by far the best exhaust mod I have done to my car.

Curious, any issues with clearance with the oem cross brace? For the love of god, I could not generate enough room to clear it despite the "block of wood method" and even tried washers. So I currently do not have the brace on.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 04:13 PM   #3
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Most installers don't run into issues with the brace but a few washers will do the trick otherwise
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #4
M3nmotion18
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 IR ZCP BM3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [9.71]
2021 MINI COOPER  [10.00]
2023 GENESIS GV60  [10.00]
2017 LEXUS RX350  [10.00]
Quote:

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Do you have the stock DP?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #5
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Most installers don't run into issues with the brace but a few washers will do the trick otherwise
Does it bolt on to the MPE without modifications? I'm hearing yes and no. Please clarify as I'm down to purchase this item ASAP if modifications are not needed since my MPE is on a lease car. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 04:49 PM   #6
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Are there any midpipes, this one included, which do NOT require cutting of any sort? I'm only interested in a midpipe which bolts right up/right off with NO cutting. Can anybody point me in that direction if such a product exists? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #7
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Are there any midpipes, this one included, which do NOT require cutting of any sort? I'm only interested in a midpipe which bolts right up/right off with NO cutting. Can anybody point me in that direction if such a product exists? Thanks.
Fabspeed
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #8
M3nmotion18
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 IR ZCP BM3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [9.71]
2021 MINI COOPER  [10.00]
2023 GENESIS GV60  [10.00]
2017 LEXUS RX350  [10.00]
Quote:
I asked the same question and was told that any aftermarket mid-pipes require cutting?
Appreciate 1
NickyC17484.50
      08-22-2019, 04:59 PM   #9
Weechard
M3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3nmotion18 View Post
Quote:
I asked the same question and was told that any aftermarket mid-pipes require cutting?
They all require cutting. I'm not familiar with the MPE exhaust but from what I can tell I believe it requires modification so I would avoid it if you're leasing
Appreciate 1
NickyC17484.50
      08-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #10
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weechard View Post
Quote:
Quote:
They all require cutting. I'm not familiar with the MPE exhaust but from what I can tell I believe it requires modification so I would avoid it if you're leasing
Bummer. I heard the fabspeed doesn't require cutting but then again that's hear say. VRSF website says it bolts on the the MPE without modifications they should look into getting that changed then.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17484.50
      08-22-2019, 05:16 PM   #11
Weechard
M3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bummer. I heard the fabspeed doesn't require cutting but then again that's hear say. VRSF website says it bolts on the the MPE without modifications they should look into getting that changed then.
Not true. The only time it doesn't require cutting is if you purchase an axle back exhaust to pair with the aftermarket midpipe. Otherwise the oem exhaust is all one piece from the downpipes to the exhaust.
Appreciate 4
Andrae26852.00
NickyC17484.50
      08-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #12
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not true. The only time it doesn't require cutting is if you purchase an axle back exhaust to pair with the aftermarket midpipe. Otherwise the oem exhaust is all one piece from the downpipes to the exhaust.
I see. Thanks for the insight. Saved me some headaches haha
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #13
shemeld_135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 SO - M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
@Tiago@VRSF now we need one for the M2c
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2019, 06:24 PM   #14
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

Quote:
Like others have said none exist because the exhaust is one piece from the downpipes back. That said, cutting is easy enough with something like this cutter, and if you want to revert to the stock exhaust down the road you can put the stock mid section back in and use the connectors that come with the new midpipe to reconnect the halves.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17484.50
      08-22-2019, 09:34 PM   #15
cbrtrx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

I've seen pics of 3 different cars with this midpipe now and its resting on the cross brace. Does anyone have a pic of it fitting correctly? I really don't want to deal with a bunch of washers.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 11:48 PM   #16
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
We just sold out of our initial batch and while we're aware there are a couple folks out there with clearance issues, please keep in mind this is a 3.5" pipe occupying the space where a 2.5" pipe normally resides. Your results will vary based on installer but fortunately you can simply use a few washers to rectify any sort of clearance issue.

We haven't experienced an under brace issue on our shop car and while each one of these is tested on multiple jigs prior to seeing the inside of a box, we understand that additional tolerance restrictions will apply based on installer. With that said, the issue of the brace can be easily corrected with a few washers

If anyone has an issue with the installation, feel free to shoot an e-mail to support@vr-speed.com and our team will get you squared away!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 11:15 AM   #17
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
We just sold out of our initial batch and while we're aware there are a couple folks out there with clearance issues, please keep in mind this is a 3.5" pipe occupying the space where a 2.5" pipe normally resides. Your results will vary based on installer but fortunately you can simply use a few washers to rectify any sort of clearance issue.

We haven't experienced an under brace issue on our shop car and while each one of these is tested on multiple jigs prior to seeing the inside of a box, we understand that additional tolerance restrictions will apply based on installer. With that said, the issue of the brace can be easily corrected with a few washers

If anyone has an issue with the installation, feel free to shoot an e-mail to support@vr-speed.com and our team will get you squared away!
Any plans to make one for M2C as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #18
mtbuyker
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4, 2023 Rivian R1S

Quote:

Just curious what exhaust you mated this midpipe to? I have the pipe and want to mate it up to an Akrapovic exhaust. Not sure where to cut yet. It would be nice to find someone who made the little bit of pipe needed to mate the midsection of the pipe to the Akra - rather than cut the rear sections of the VRSF for the little stubs that I need to connect to the Akrapovic.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 06:34 PM   #19
jd__m4
Captain
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Any benefit going with a single pipe vs the double, all else being stock? Is it just a different tone?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 04:46 PM   #20
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrtrx View Post
I've seen pics of 3 different cars with this midpipe now and its resting on the cross brace. Does anyone have a pic of it fitting correctly? I really don't want to deal with a bunch of washers.
I have A&A and I have almost 1" gap between the pipe and brace
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2019, 11:25 AM   #21
mtbuyker
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4, 2023 Rivian R1S

Any fitment tips for mating to an Akrapovic axle back exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 02:34 AM   #22
Lodi
formerly M3AN 46
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 Ultimate Pkg

Tiago@VRSF I can't help but notice that you are you ignoring the questions about fitment when mated to the MPE exhaust? On the VRSF website, it's claimed, more than once, that this midpipe mates up to the MPE exhaust on these cars, without modification. Is it true or not?
Appreciate 1