BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

05-10-2023, 04:30 PM   #1
MyFragileHalogen
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 6MT

member sold wheel with dishonesty and denied resolution

This is for a declined dispute with a forum member zosoboogie.

I paid a generous price ($600) for one "clean" 437M rear wheel free of any cosmetic damage, but received the wheel with damage on the outside edge of lip that would be still visible even after mounting. I requested to return while generously offering to cover both inbound and outbound shipping so he won't lose any money. He declined, saying he didn't see the damage and he packed well, telling me to go after UPS. Yes, he did pack it very well. The box and all the protection materials are in great shape, and there's no way to convince me that this degree of deep scratch could have happened during transit.

Seller provided photos didn't show the damage, but all provided photos were taken from inward angle that could hide the damage that sits right on the outside edge.

Seller did say there were scratches on the "back" of the rim from mounting and de-mounting, but DID NOT provided me any photos of them. I told him they are okay assuming they are not going to be visible after mounting anyways.

Also, initial photos he provided had a scratch on the front that seems to be light. I suggested him to try Meguiar's ScratchX and contact me back if he can remove it. He contacted me back after few days that it worked and said he was happy to learn about ScratchX that worked well on his truck too.

He said a performance shop took his car on joy ride and totaled it. I feel bad for a fellow member losing his beautiful M3 and understand he probably wants to get rid of the parts ASAP, but that doesn't mean it's okay to somewhat turn asshole on a fellow member.

It's not a lot of money to worry about and I am just documenting this and moving on. Thanks for reading.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 10:25 PM   #2
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Just get it repaired and chalk it up to another life lesson. It’ll probably be cheaper or just as much to ship the wheel back.

I know it sucks but at least it’ll be behind you.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 12:58 PM   #3
zosoboogie
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M4/Silverstone

There was no damage on the lip when I sent the wheel via UPS. I took dozens of pictures of the wheel from every angle: Above, side, and every spoke of the wheel in detail as well as on the original listing. If there was damage of the wheel I have no reason to hide it. I did tell him there was mounting scratches on the back of the wheel. I went above and beyond buying ScratchX I didn't need to detail the wheel for him. If he wanted pictures of the "back" of the wheel he could of asked me to send pictures of the back of the wheel. He didn't so I didn't send pictures of the back of the wheel.

Yes I used the ScratchX on my truck because I bought it to satisfy the buyer for the wheel.
Yes a performance shop wreck my M4 not M3. I would like to get rid of all the parts but I can also throw them away as well. I drop the price of most of my listings to get rid of them. But within reason. My listings of parts are straightforward I have have no reason to scam anyone. I did everything he asked me to took extensive pictures that he viewed and approved. He could have rejected it and I would have moved on. He offer me $600 I had it listed for $300 each as I had 3 of the 4 wheels. I did decline the claim and UPS does offer insurance for shipping.

There are two sides to every story. If I'm an asshole he surely is acting like a cunt. Thanks for reading.
Appreciate 1
F308627.50