proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons

12-27-2020, 07:11 PM   #1
F80MGod
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80 M3 BSM/SO

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
The original engine from my 39500 mile 2017 F80 M3 Competition is up for sale. I have no use for this engine as I had a donor engine from another car to swap with this one. This engine was money shifted and the timing had skipped. Still runs and drives but in limp mode with obvious issues. I had the engine retimed and valve cover replaced, but it skipped timing under normal driving conditions. Upon inspection we did not find any bent valves or pistons and no shavings/particles in the oil or fluids. Occasionally it may misfire. This engine may need a possible rebuild if not repair, could be a perfect base to start a built motor project. I did not want to bother with a rebuild or repair as I was getting the new engine put in as a favor. Potential issues may be found with: Crank Hub/Pulley damaged although car still runs and drives, Camshaft, or timing chain. 2000 OBO. I have nowhere to keep this and I want it gone, shoot me offers.

2017 BMW F80 M3 6MT BSM/SO
2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus
2020 Tesla Model Y Long Range
Appreciate 0