BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-02-2023, 07:36 AM   #1
jonf49
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4 Competition

front camera - proximity sensor

Anyone know how to or know a shop that knows how to install a low camera in the front of the car to detect curbs. Want to avoid the dangers of hitting the curb if the car is lowered.

I also noticed recently that the front sensor stopped audibly beeping when I pull the car forward after reversing it or pressing the button manually to activate all sensors. Should holding the vol button and resetting the system fix this? Always worked before. I just got it back from a detail and it wasn’t working.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 03:49 PM   #2
jonf49
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4 Competition

Anyone?

I just started the car again this morning and still no audible sound when parking forward… but it does beep when I backup close to something.

Will resetting by holding the vol button possibly correct this?

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 12:40 PM   #3
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonf49 View Post
Anyone?

I just started the car again this morning and still no audible sound when parking forward… but it does beep when I backup close to something.

Will resetting by holding the vol button possibly correct this?

Thanks again
The front bumper sensors are below the kidney grills and above center front air dam. If the object is lower than the sensor height, it wont detect it very well...

Parking curbs wont register. It will give detection if there is a wall or another car in front though.
Appreciate 0