Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-06-2023, 10:43 AM   #1
Chrisam4f83
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 F83

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [10.00]
BMW M4 F83

Hi all,

I'm debating getting the stage1 BM3 mod - Is there a recommendation for a pack on the app?

New to it all, once I purchase a licence, is it as simple as choosing which pack as I've seen a huge list... bit lost with what I'd need.

All I want is the slightly increase exhaust sound/burbles to be honest, but if I have to do the stage 1 with it so be it.

Unless there's a way around it to just add burbles etc?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 06:00 PM   #2
dylanwilson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisam4f83 View Post
Hi all,

I'm debating getting the stage1 BM3 mod - Is there a recommendation for a pack on the app?

New to it all, once I purchase a licence, is it as simple as choosing which pack as I've seen a huge list... bit lost with what I'd need.

All I want is the slightly increase exhaust sound/burbles to be honest, but if I have to do the stage 1 with it so be it.

A stage one tune will not make your exhaust any louder. However with BM3 you can adjust burbles and at the same time you'll gain like 60-70 hp
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 08:31 PM   #3
Chrisam4f83
Private
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanwilson View Post
A stage one tune will not make your exhaust any louder. However with BM3 you can adjust burbles and at the same time you'll gain like 60-70 hp
Okay, yeah I’ve seen several videos of the exhaust sound difference/burbles after a stage 1 on bm3.

Is it a particular pack or settings you have to use?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 09:24 PM   #4
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Hi all,

Bootmod3 has a OTS tune with 'AGG' in it and it refers to aggressive burbles/pops. That might be what you want but also it's fully customizable so you can adjust the burbles in terms of loudness and duration and at what RPMs/speed it operates at to your preference.

Stage 1 is not a big leap in power by any means and definitely mild on the engine and driveline.
      03-07-2023, 03:34 AM   #5
Chrisam4f83
Private
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughter.mode View Post
Bootmod3 has a OTS tune with 'AGG' in it and it refers to aggressive burbles/pops. That might be what you want but also it's fully customizable so you can adjust the burbles in terms of loudness and duration and at what RPMs/speed it operates at to your preference.

Stage 1 is not a big leap in power by any means and definitely mild on the engine and driveline.
Hmm very interesting, yes this is what I want to be honest.
Do you reccomend getting the mods done professionally, or is it genuinely easy enough for someone non-technical to follow steps?

Also, once done, is everything reversible? Aka can I remove the remap easily on bm3?

Thanks
Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 11:42 AM   #6
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Hmm very interesting, yes this is what I want to be honest.
Do you reccomend getting the mods done professionally, or is it genuinely easy enough for someone non-technical to follow steps?

Also, once done, is everything reversible? Aka can I remove the remap easily on bm3?

Thanks
Chris
It's very easy-you do it with a iPhone/Android app. You can flash back to stock any time. The only thing you'll need is of course your DME needs to be unlocked and you'll need a way to interface with the car. I use the MHD wireless adapter which works fine with BM3, xHP, Bimmercode, etc.
      03-07-2023, 11:45 AM   #7
Chrisam4f83
Private
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughter.mode View Post
It's very easy-you do it with a iPhone/Android app. You can flash back to stock any time. The only thing you'll need is of course your DME needs to be unlocked and you'll need a way to interface with the car. I use the MHD wireless adapter which works fine with BM3, xHP, Bimmercode, etc.
Thanks,
I read that DME only needs unlocking typically on 2019+ models.

Mine may be okay as a 2017?

Hmm - otherwise how easy and what do I do to unlock. dME?
Appreciate 0