BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #67
z335is
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I heard that ZCP also adds a tri-turbo V8 to the car. Can you please confirm?
Appreciate 4
      05-11-2016, 08:17 PM   #68
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWsully View Post
I agree with the above. Now don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the review, but it's just a bit much (better build quality, really?). Not to mention the fact that this isn't an apples to apples comparison due to the switch from MT to DCT.
Why is that such a surprise? Cars will gradually get better over time as parts are improved or changed.

I also don't see how MT or DCT affects his review about handling or the sound.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #69
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY 6MT F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by z335is View Post
I heard that ZCP also adds a tri-turbo V8 to the car. Can you please confirm?
V12. Get it right. Plus an ice maker

I blame Lups because of reasons.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2016, 08:25 PM   #70
Rik84
Full Potato
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

I really like the new wheels...

Need to find someone that is trying to dump a nice set used. Really think they would look great on my car...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #71
cprx7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i;

Not surprised by the direction this thread is taking. To be honest, if I had been an early adopter I too would be a bit ticked off by OP's review. The point is not to try to justify the $5.5K spent on the CP but rather hear how much the car has improved since it came out. Similar situations happen all the time with other marques as well, so it should be no surprise bmw is doing it too. The competition is fierce nowadays for the M3/4 so I'm sure bmw is trying hard to enhance the car in anyway possible. In the end, the original version of the car should be an awesome driving experience to be enjoyed no less than ZCP optioned cars.
Appreciate 6
      05-11-2016, 09:10 PM   #72
NavyBeeker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 SS/SS - 19SepED

So for a DD car that will commute to work mostly on highway for 60 or 70 mins per workday, and be tracked maybe twice a year at most... how much will ZCP enhance that experience? I'm almost looking for a reason to check the option but logic tells me no.....
Appreciate 2
      05-11-2016, 09:17 PM   #73
cprx7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i;

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBeeker View Post
So for a DD car that will commute to work mostly on highway for 60 or 70 mins per workday, and be tracked maybe twice a year at most... how much will ZCP enhance that experience? I'm almost looking for a reason to check the option but logic tells me no.....
-exhaust note
-suspension
-added bit of power
-seats

If any of those matters to you, then get it if not to scratch it. One thing though, do see/drive both versions if possible
Appreciate 2
      05-11-2016, 09:23 PM   #74
Dr. Who
Banned
Rep
Drives: Tardis

Everyone - "Lighten up"

The O.P. gave an excellent write up of his experience.

Whether you accept it or not does not make his experience any less valid.

Enjoy your rides today, because All will be old news come next year!

Cheers!
Appreciate 2
      05-11-2016, 09:46 PM   #75
faiz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP SO/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprx7
Not surprised by the direction this thread is taking. To be honest, if I had been an early adopter I too would be a bit ticked off by OP's review. The point is not to try to justify the $5.5K spent on the CP but rather hear how much the car has improved since it came out. Similar situations happen all the time with other marques as well, so it should be no surprise bmw is doing it too. The competition is fierce nowadays for the M3/4 so I'm sure bmw is trying hard to enhance the car in anyway possible. In the end, the original version of the car should be an awesome driving experience to be enjoyed no less than ZCP optioned cars.
This.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 10:15 PM   #76
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
Look, no offense, but these statements, and others like that that you have made show that you are prone to extreme hyperbole, and thus, your review, to me, is, while not quite worthless, obviously extremely biased. It's apparent that you are trying to justify your decision, and you do so by over-exaggerating things about the non-ZCP.

I'm glad you like your new ZCP, and it is quite evident from other reviews that the ZCP is certainly a better car than the non-ZCP, but your review makes it sound like the the non-ZCP is a 1979 Ford Pinto, and the ZCP is a Ferrari. That just ain't true.

If I was buying an M today, I would certainly, without a doubt, check the ZCP box. But I won't be trading in my M4 for a ZCP M4, especially given the financial loss that would entail. The ZCP seems to be well worth the $5.5k cost. However, it is not worth the $5.5k plus $10-15k loss.

Enjoy your ZCP, and I will enjoy mine, and be about a tenth of second slower than you out on the track. I'm fine with that.
Lol.

There is ZERO hyperbole in my review. I'm telling the absolute truth about the differences. I've been around a lot longer than most and have owned a lot of cars (and have driven some of the best cars money can buy). My 2015 had fit and finish issues, I don't really care what anybody thinks. I don't have to justify my financial loss, because there was no financial loss for me. I sold my old M4 for what I paid for it, no shit. I bought this ZCP at $1k over invoice.

It is obviously a 2015 vs. 2016 thing. I'm not saying the ZCP is made better than the non-ZCP, don't misunderstand me. As for the improvements that come with the ZCP, that is from the ZCP package.

Due to my lack of financial loss on this deal, it's safe to say that my review of these two cars is pretty cut and dry. There are no outside forces, like trying to justify a loss, to sway my review.
Appreciate 4
      05-11-2016, 10:58 PM   #77
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
Lol.

There is ZERO hyperbole in my review. I'm telling the absolute truth about the differences. I've been around a lot longer than most and have owned a lot of cars (and have driven some of the best cars money can buy). My 2015 had fit and finish issues, I don't really care what anybody thinks. I don't have to justify my financial loss, because there was no financial loss for me. I sold my old M4 for what I paid for it, no shit. I bought this ZCP at $1k over invoice.

It is obviously a 2015 vs. 2016 thing. I'm not saying the ZCP is made better than the non-ZCP, don't misunderstand me. As for the improvements that come with the ZCP, that is from the ZCP package.

Due to my lack of financial loss on this deal, it's safe to say that my review of these two cars is pretty cut and dry. There are no outside forces, like trying to justify a loss, to sway my review.
First off, very nice car, congrats.

You don't have to justify anything to anybody, it's your money. But, I and many others have been around awhile as well and I don't think you help your credibility by continually saying that you took zero financial loss. It just doesn't work that way unless you figured out how to get a 15 M4 to not depreciate. Then there is taxes etc. I got 15% off of my 15 M4, I couldn't sell it right now for what I paid for it plus recoup taxes and start up fees. Unless I got one desperate buyer, which I guess could happen.

Anyway, like I said, nice car and I'm sure it is improved over the non ZCP. Day and night difference like you keep describing is what I (and others) are skeptical about.
Appreciate 5
      05-12-2016, 06:40 AM   #78
NiceGuyEddie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Quote:
I feel like I'm driving a completely different car.
ZCP's new springs were a little lower as the car looks like a 4x4
2015 sounded like a 2005 Kia Rio on the interior
Look, no offense, but these statements, and others like that that you have made show that you are prone to extreme hyperbole, and thus, your review, to me, is, while not quite worthless, obviously extremely biased. It's apparent that you are trying to justify your decision, and you do so by over-exaggerating things about the non-ZCP.

I'm glad you like your new ZCP, and it is quite evident from other reviews that the ZCP is certainly a better car than the non-ZCP, but your review makes it sound like the the non-ZCP is a 1979 Ford Pinto, and the ZCP is a Ferrari. That just ain't true.

If I was buying an M today, I would certainly, without a doubt, check the ZCP box. But I won't be trading in my M4 for a ZCP M4, especially given the financial loss that would entail. The ZCP seems to be well worth the $5.5k cost. However, it is not worth the $5.5k plus $10-15k loss.

Enjoy your ZCP, and I will enjoy mine, and be about a tenth of second slower than you out on the track. I'm fine with that.
Does anyone on this forum really feel the need to justify the rationale for his purchases to a bunch of strangers on the Internet? Seriously, is this really an actual phenomenon? I feel like I am taking crazy pills when I read shit like that. Jesus Christ.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2016, 07:14 AM   #79
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

How could anyone know whether the CP really is better or not unless you've DRIVEN (or better yet, owned) both cars? It really could be that much better, and the reviews seem to point to that conclusion too. I have yet to read any professional or personal review that says that CP is not absolutely worth the asking price.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2016, 07:19 AM   #80
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

Quote:
They are perfect, to me. Like another poster mentioned, the lumbar adjustments never seem to feel just right to me, I pretty much never touched it. The ZCP seats feel better.
The seats are different. I went down to my dealership to see a ZCP car because I have a GTS on order and wanted to try the seats. You sit deeper in these seats. And it is much better on my back. One of my issues when buying my M3 is I really do not like the seats. I have had back surgery and have real back issues. I ended up with a small lumbar support cushion which makes it OK. But the ZCP seats are fine out of the box, like the e92 seats. As far as lumbar support goes it has never helped me in any of my many BMWs. I always adjust it to zero as it always makes things worse.
      05-12-2016, 07:26 AM   #81
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post
Does anyone on this forum really feel the need to justify the rationale for his purchases to a bunch of strangers on the Internet? Seriously, is this really an actual phenomenon? I feel like I am taking crazy pills when I read shit like that. Jesus Christ.
No good deed goes unpunished.

I post an honest review about the differences and inevitably, the butt hurt go into defense mode.

I got a phenomenal deal and I couldn't care less what anybody thinks. Take it or leave it.
Appreciate 11
      05-12-2016, 07:32 AM   #82
Throttleblip
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 ZCP 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
How could anyone know whether the CP really is better or not unless you've DRIVEN (or better yet, owned) both cars? It really could be that much better, and the reviews seem to point to that conclusion too. I have yet to read any professional or personal review that says that CP is not absolutely worth the asking price.
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...411&page=3
Agree completely. My review is similar to the OPs having driven both.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 07:43 AM   #83
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:

I post an honest review about the differences and inevitably, the butt hurt go into defense mode.

I got a phenomenal deal and I couldn't care less what anybody thinks. Take it or leave it.
It's a shame - I appreciated the post, and it makes me want to get my hands on my ZCP even more. I delayed my build to get the ZCP then second-guessed myself and wondered if I did the right thing - it's good to know from someone who has had both that it will be worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 07:46 AM   #84
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I guess chalk it up to life experience. You've never had an experience that everybody raved about and came away underwhelmed?

Sorry, I'm naturally suspicious when something gets hyped as night and day. Is ZCP better, I'm sure it is. Is it a completely different car like some are claiming. I have my doubts.

Quote:

Reverse butthurt, I love it.

So people can't discuss things and have thoughts on the matter otherwise they are "butthurt."
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 07:50 AM   #85
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I guess chalk it up to life experience. You've never had an experience that everybody raved about and came away underwhelmed?

Sorry, I'm naturally suspicious when something gets hyped as night and day. Is ZCP better, I'm sure it is. Is it a completely different car like some are claiming. I have my doubts.

Reverse butthurt, I love it.

So people can't discuss things and have thoughts on the matter otherwise they are "butthurt."
Discussions are one thing. Trying to discredit me and my review and especially questioning my "loss" is another thing entirely.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 07:53 AM   #86
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Discussions are one thing. Trying to discredit me and my review and especially questioning my "loss" is another thing entirely.
Sorry, but I've been a part of a ton of car deals on both sides of the desk. If you were somehow able to literally take zero financial hit on trading in or selling a 1-2 year old model car, then I bow before the master.

Same goes for BMW and the ZCP if it is truly what you say it is.

Appreciate 1
      05-12-2016, 07:59 AM   #87
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Sorry, but I've been a part of a ton of car deals on both sides of the desk. If you were somehow able to literally take zero financial hit on trading in 1-2 year old model car then I bow before the master.

Same goes for BMW and the ZCP if it is truly what you say it is.

Buy low and sell high, pretty simple concept. Sometimes you get really lucky, as did I on this deal.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #88
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
It's a shame - I appreciated the post, and it makes me want to get my hands on my ZCP even more. I delayed my build to get the ZCP then second-guessed myself and wondered if I did the right thing - it's good to know from someone who has had both that it will be worth the wait.
It truly is worth the wait. Make sure to let us know what you think when you get it!
Appreciate 0