BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

UK M3 Deals

Some cracking run out deals there now in the F80.

All seem to have shopped to dealers with Individual Paint too.

I had choice of Enzien, Mexico and went with Azurite Black.
Attached Images

09-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
shakenbake11
Private
Rep
Drives: Truck

Wait... this is a used car for sale but they are showing the original sticker from when it was new too??
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #3
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake11 View Post
Wait... this is a used car for sale but they are showing the original sticker from when it was new too??
Hi there. It's a UK thing. Pre Registered vehicle.

Essentially the dealership registers the car themselves, to hit a sales target even though at that point there is no end customer.

The risk then for them is that the car sells in time, or even perhaps before the UK registration changes (every 6 months here).

Technically the purchaser is the 2nd owner of the vehicle but it is showroom brand new, never driven. This has the 6 miles delivery mileage.

I'm 100% ok and happy about that, gets me 25% off a 'brand new' car!

Apologies for the description, wasn't being condescending, just explaining Pre Reg, not sure if the same happens in the US? It's quite a growing thing in the UK across all marques with, as ever, growing deeper sales targets.

Edit: Looking at the picture I posted the dealers sign is a little misleading. They do just make use of their Approved Used signs for these Pre Reg cars.
      09-07-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
shakenbake11
Private
Rep
Drives: Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quote:

Essentially the dealership registers the car themselves, to hit a sales target even though at that point there is no end customer.

The risk then for them is that the car sells in time, or even perhaps before the UK registration changes (every 6 months here).

Technically the purchaser is the 2nd owner of the vehicle but it is showroom brand new, never driven. This has the 6 miles delivery mileage.

Apologies for the description, wasn't being condescending, just explaining Pre Reg, not sure if the same happens in the US? It's quite a growing thing in the UK across all marques with, as ever, growing deeper sales targets.

Edit: Looking at the picture I posted the dealers sign is a little misleading. They do just make use of their Approved Used signs for these Pre Reg cars.
Wow that's interesting. So it IS a new car, but they ran it through the books basically and now it's "used" because the first owner was the dealer...but it still sat there and no one else drove it, is that right? I mean question is, I know in US you can be pretty successful in getting say 5-8% in general of new MSRP. Now is that not the case in UK so this is why the "pre reg" thing is popular? Or can you still negotiate a discount to MSRP on a new car but the pre reg is still even cheaper way to go?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 01:09 AM   #5
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quote:

Wow that's interesting. So it IS a new car, but they ran it through the books basically and now it's "used" because the first owner was the dealer...but it still sat there and no one else drove it, is that right? I mean question is, I know in US you can be pretty successful in getting say 5-8% in general of new MSRP. Now is that not the case in UK so this is why the "pre reg" thing is popular? Or can you still negotiate a discount to MSRP on a new car but the pre reg is still even cheaper way to go?
Yes all correct in what you say. At launch discount is tricky but over time the offers come. Usually always some discount off 5-15% maybe but this particular deal is great! It's the best I have ever achieved, I realise it's an end of life model now but to compare, even as a Pre Reg, my M2 achieved about 10% off.

With this car (Azurite Black M3CP, DCT, HUD, Full Leather etc) there is a condition that I cannot collect till 28/9. Less than 3 weeks now