European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

01-16-2019, 10:35 PM   #1
Sassriverrat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Hood Clear Bra/Wrap

Hey Guys-

Two things:
1. Anyone have a cheap recommendation for a good bra/vinyl source. Don't mind paying for better stuff like 3M Pro series stuff but some shops are cheaper than others. Looks like $175 for 60"x60" Pro series on ebay. Better pricing? Anyone have experience with VViVid wraps?

2. I'm guessing a 60"x60" for my M4 hood (MY15- I wrapped the critical areas (front bumper- around the rear fenders, etc years ago but I see two rock marks on the hood so I'd like to go ahead and wrap it!). Do I need to go bigger?

Thanks!

Located near Wilmington, DE if anyone has recommendations!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 11:47 PM   #2
Quasimoto
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Can't speak to the pricing you've been quoted, or your vendor - but I will simply say go bigger (more) than you think.

I am currently a month out (based on volume) from getting in front of my PPF installer for work.

I am getting the "track pack" to include the Front Bumper, Full Hood, Full Fenders, Headlights, Mirrors, Door Cups, Door Edges, Top of Rear Bumper, rockers and rear splash area. I also added the CF roof to the package.

Because of the aggressiveness of the M, there are a ton of exposed materials. Don't run short and cost yourself in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
Sassriverrat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Yeah totally know what you mean. I had the fenders, front bumper (up to the hood line), mirrors, door handles, and a few other spots done originally but not the full hood and I wish I had done that....
Appreciate 0