European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
RedM4
Registered
RedM4's Avatar
United Kingdom
4
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2018 G01 xDrive 30d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Durham

iTrader: (0)

20" M Star-spoke style 666M Black forged alloy wheels

Whilst waiting for my F82 LCI to arrive, this Austin Yellow F80 Competition package with 20" M Star-spoke style 666M Black forged alloy wheels has arrived at the dealership. Definitely better than I expected, although a little dirty I think the factory black 666M look great and I'm glad I've ordered them. Name:  IMG_0721 (2).JPG
Views: 16686
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0723 (2).JPG
Views: 15671
Size:  146.1 KB
__________________
2018 G01 X3 xDrive30d M Sport Alpine White - Current
2017 F82 M4 ZCP LCI Silverstone - Gone
2014 F32 435d xDrive M Sport Estoril Blue - Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
10938
Rep
16,797
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
There is something funny going-on with the 666M, they look awfully convex in most pictures . The one in the OP is a good example.
__________________
///M4cs 2019 F82 Lime Rock Grey
MPE / CF Mirror caps / MP-HAS / GC Camber plates
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
328
Rep
1,997
Posts

Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM4 View Post
Whilst waiting for my F82 LCI to arrive, this Austin Yellow F80 Competition package with 20" M Star-spoke style 666M Black forged alloy wheels has arrived at the dealership. Definitely better than I expected, although a little dirty I think the factory black 666M look great and I'm glad I've ordered them. Attachment 1600283

Attachment 1600284
Is the black same all around or lighter color on front?

Also are those MPSS? Don't see the star in the low Rez photo.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 12:43 AM   #4
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
60
Rep
203
Posts

Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

These would have been my choice if they were offered when I ordered.

2 weeks after a good wash and my silvers look black so i guess I just need to wash less?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #5
ONE1
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
108
Rep
230
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM4 View Post
Whilst waiting for my F82 LCI to arrive, this Austin Yellow F80 Competition package with 20" M Star-spoke style 666M Black forged alloy wheels has arrived at the dealership. Definitely better than I expected, although a little dirty I think the factory black 666M look great and I'm glad I've ordered them. Attachment 1600283

Attachment 1600284
Is the black same all around or lighter color on front?

Also are those MPSS? Don't see the star in the low Rez photo.
They are two tone from what I've seen: Black on the inside of the barrel/spokes and brushed silver (with a dark tint) on the face.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 12:03 PM   #6
damnitBobby
Major
684
Rep
1,178
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
There is something funny going-on with the 666M, they look awfully convex in most pictures . The one in the OP is a good example.
Well, they aren't concave so... Anyone tells you different is fooling themselves. There is a slight concavity when approaching the center of the hub, but for the most part the design doesn't have anything to do with concavity.

Not exactly a bad thing, but if you are looking for concavity 666M isn't it.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #7
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
10938
Rep
16,797
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitBobby View Post
Well, they aren't concave so... Anyone tells you different is fooling themselves. There is a slight concavity when approaching the center of the hub, but for the most part the design doesn't have anything to do with concavity.

Not exactly a bad thing, but if you are looking for concavity 666M isn't it.
I agree, I have seen them in real life. They are mostly flat with concavity around the center. It is just that pictures often make them look awfully convex (which they are not).
__________________
///M4cs 2019 F82 Lime Rock Grey
MPE / CF Mirror caps / MP-HAS / GC Camber plates
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #8
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
328
Rep
1,997
Posts

Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE1 View Post
They are two tone from what I've seen: Black on the inside of the barrel/spokes and brushed silver (with a dark tint) on the face.
That's what I thought but hard to tell from photos.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 05:33 PM   #9
dinonz
Colonel
United_States
1828
Rep
2,362
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by two+2 View Post
These would have been my choice if they were offered when I ordered.

2 weeks after a good wash and my silvers look black so i guess I just need to wash less?
Or get powerstop ceramic brake pads!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 01:52 AM   #10
Colinv6
Colonel
Colinv6's Avatar
United Kingdom
2506
Rep
2,273
Posts

Drives: San Marino Blue M4CS
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Not feeling these wheels in darker colours, I'm barely feeling them in the original colour and I've owned them 4 months now.

The ones in the OP just look dirty and underwhelming.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 05:05 AM   #11
BimmerFix
Lieutenant
BimmerFix's Avatar
Armenia
254
Rep
431
Posts

Drives: his neighbors crazy
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Not feeling these wheels in darker colours, I'm barely feeling them in the original colour and I've owned them 4 months now.

The ones in the OP just look dirty and underwhelming.
Fair assessment, but really depends on the color of your car. I think lighter colors would suit these grey/black 666 quite nicely. But, darker colored cars should defiantly go silver. I personally love my ZCP rims, out in the real world it's the single most complimented piece on my M. From random people, to my friends who own m3/m4's with the 19's. I only hear nothing but good things. It's more for looks than performance, that's a given.
__________________
///M4 ZCP

Fear knocked at the door..... Faith answered..... There was no one there
Appreciate 2
kapulet54.50
Daddeo30.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
666m, f80, f82

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST