Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

07-26-2019, 07:09 PM   #1
JMon
FAST
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 Cup

What is the trick to get Pandora to work when it get stuck sometimes?

I've always had trouble with this one.
When I try to use the integrated Pandora in IDrive with my iPhone, about 25% of the time I can't cat it to work.
Sometimes the pandora icon shows up and I select it and nothing happens. Doesn't switch to Pandora. Sometime it does switch to Pandora but Pandora doesn't start playing.

Sometime replugging the lightning cable helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Any tricks anyone knows to get Pandora integration to work when it gets stuck? (Short of not using idrive to control it)
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMon View Post
I've always had trouble with this one.
When I try to use the integrated Pandora in IDrive with my iPhone, about 25% of the time I can't cat it to work.
Sometimes the pandora icon shows up and I select it and nothing happens. Doesn't switch to Pandora. Sometime it does switch to Pandora but Pandora doesn't start playing.

Sometime replugging the lightning cable helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Any tricks anyone knows to get Pandora integration to work when it gets stuck? (Short of not using idrive to control it)
I find disconnecting bluetooth from the car and reconnecting helps.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 07:32 PM   #3
JMon
FAST
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 Cup

You mean while the iPhone is plugged in via USB/Lightning it conflicts somehow with the phone running on Bluetooth, so the trick is to disable blue tooth and just use Lightning/USB?
Appreciate 0