Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-05-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
RDJ20
RJ
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

BimmerTech F06 Map Update

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw...date-2018-2019

The map update is great! It is crazy how often the roads are changing. There is nothing more annoying than taking an unnecessary route when there was a faster more direct route all along. The map update ensures that this will never happen again. It was also very affordable and I was able to bundle the update so I receive the next two map updates as they come out within the next couple of years.

The purchasing process is extremely simple. You order your map update and they send you the update code in a usb. You insert the usb into your vehicle's USB port and the update initializes. The entire update took about 15-20 minutes and I was ready to go. I have a road trip to Tennessee coming up in a few days so I knew I wanted the most precise guidance. There is nothing like having peace of mind.

The customer service was also extremely helpful. For example, I am pretty new to bimmerpost so they sent me images that showed me how to leave this review. They are very quick to respond and actually care about your opinions on their products, which I thought was cool. If you are thinking about a map update, but aren't really sure I strongly encourage you to go for it. You get plenty for your dollar and you won't have to worry about the navigation RECALCULATING. The route will be up to date and you will arrive at your destination on time. Like Shia LaBeouf once said, "JUST DO IT!"
      08-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
sna66
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

I hardly ever use the car nav, I just use apple maps or waze, guaranteed fastest route
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 05:53 PM   #3
TheirThere
867-5309
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP and E36 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna66 View Post
I hardly ever use the car nav, I just use apple maps or waze, guaranteed fastest route
same here, but waze has f-ed me on a couple of recent trips. with google maps adding speed traps warning, there isn't much of a need to continue using waze.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 08:55 AM   #4
sna66
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheirThere View Post
Quote:
same here, but waze has f-ed me on a couple of recent trips. with google maps adding speed traps warning, there isn't much of a need to continue using waze.
I didn't know google maps has speed trap warnings, I like how waze is driven by the community reporting stuff wish google maps had it
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 01:48 PM   #5
RDJ20
RJ
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheirThere View Post
Quote:
I didn't know google maps has speed trap warnings, I like how waze is driven by the community reporting stuff wish google maps had it
I left a review because I got three free bimmer codes! Backup camera zoom, legal disclaimer deactivation, and siri