ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

01-28-2021, 10:49 AM   #1
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

Lightbulb F80/F82 Carbon Fiber Roof Rack DIY Install Video using OEM Bars

If you guys haven't already, read the threads by members Maltman and stilljester as they both have threads here that show their work.

Love tinkering with my car and decided to tackle this as well since we go to car shows a lot and would use the Cargo box to store some of our tents and other car show gear!

I created this Youtube video link to show how I did the holes. I created templates for each of the 4 blind holes and used a small drill bit and later a Dremel to make the holes perfectly round. My method allows some room for error since if you don't drill right over the bolt, you still have a chance to make it perfect by taking you time with the Dremel.

Be sure to tape off the area you are working in case you slip and work slowly. Questions feel free to ask and consider subscribing if the video helped!

thanks
Rick

15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 1
choy0.00
      02-18-2021, 05:35 AM   #2
choy
Rep
Drives: BMW M135

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post
If you guys haven't already, read the threads by members Maltman and stilljester as they both have threads here that show their work.

Love tinkering with my car and decided to tackle this as well since we go to car shows a lot and would use the Cargo box to store some of our tents and other car show gear!

I created this Youtube video link to show how I did the holes. I created templates for each of the 4 blind holes and used a small drill bit and later a Dremel to make the holes perfectly round. My method allows some room for error since if you don't drill right over the bolt, you still have a chance to make it perfect by taking you time with the Dremel.

Be sure to tape off the area you are working in case you slip and work slowly. Questions feel free to ask and consider subscribing if the video helped!

thanks
Rick

Good👍
Appreciate 0