GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

02-28-2021, 01:44 PM   #1
SP_F80M3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Brake sensor warning

I'm getting a bunch of lights and errors on my instrument cluster/iDrive after swapping my track brake pads back to OEM after a track day. I've done some searching and found that you can cut the sensor, strip the wire, and twist them together to trick the system into thinking that the sensors are still fine. Although, I've tried this on front and rear brake sensors and it's still showing the same error message. I'm getting the brake sensor warning and chassis stabilization messages together. Anyone know how to clear these errors?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 05:36 PM   #2
tropicatango
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw f87 M2c hockenheim silver

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 05:38 PM   #3
tropicatango
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw f87 M2c hockenheim silver

when you twist the wires together, it works fine, i did that on my e46 m3 and never ever touch the sensor again....
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 07:02 PM   #4
SP_F80M3
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicatango View Post
when you twist the wires together, it works fine, i did that on my e46 m3 and never ever touch the sensor again....
I'm gonna have to see if I stripped the wires and twisted them together correctly. I also went into the odometer section and tried to reset the brake service as well, still got the sensor warning come up. Is it normal for the chassis stabilization to pop up together with the brake warning?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 10:27 PM   #5
SP_F80M3
Private
United_States
Rep

Issue resolved: I installed new brake sensors and tied it to the side, but still got the brake system error code along with the chassis stabilization. I finally decided to check my brake fluids and noticed it was below the minimum. I ended up topping it off with more brake fluid and both codes went away.
Appreciate 0