Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

07-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #221
NullCheck
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT79 View Post
I apologize I didn't not read through this whole thread, but just out of curiosity, where are you located?
I posted pics if a Mineral Grey M4 that was at my dealer here in Farmington, Michigan a couple weeks ago. Well, I received a text from the service manager at the BMW certified shop right next to the dealer of a picture of a MG M4, identical to the one I had seen in the show room a day or two prior, and thought it was that car.
Come to find out, it was a completely different car shipped from Okemos Michigan, due to the owner apparently "blowing up" the transmission racing it prior to break in. I found that hard to believe, but who knows.
Oh wow.

If BMW knows that he was indeed racing and blew up the transmission, that could explain some of the behavioral problems.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #222
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullCheck
Quote:
I apologize I didn't not read through this whole thread, but just out of curiosity, where are you located?
I posted pics if a Mineral Grey M4 that was at my dealer here in Farmington, Michigan a couple weeks ago. Well, I received a text from the service manager at the BMW certified shop right next to the dealer of a picture of a MG M4, identical to the one I had seen in the show room a day or two prior, and thought it was that car.
Come to find out, it was a completely different car shipped from Okemos Michigan, due to the owner apparently "blowing up" the transmission racing it prior to break in. I found that hard to believe, but who knows.
Oh wow.

If BMW knows that he was indeed racing and blew up the transmission, that could explain some of the behavioral problems.
Lol, yes I wondered about that. Odd thing was, it was my sales rep that told me how it apparently happened. The shop guys had no idea.

Oh... And ofcourse the only female rep there said.. "My gosh, didn't he read the manual?!" Ahahaha

Disclaimer*
I only laughed as female illiteracy is higher than male, from a world wide perspective.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #223
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08
I'm surprised that the biggest concern in the thread is that BMW assistance took forever. Not the fact that an M4 with 400 freaking miles is leaving someone on the side of the road already.
Why would it be biggest concern?
People should hv learned already not to buy 1st year production car from literally any manufacturer!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #224
NullCheck
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Lol, yes I wondered about that. Odd thing was, it was my sales rep that told me how it apparently happened. The shop guys had no idea.

Oh... And ofcourse the only female rep there said.. "My gosh, didn't he read the manual?!" Ahahaha

Disclaimer*
I only laughed as female illiteracy is higher than male, from a world wide perspective.
Well lets hope BMW does not read this, because they will deny his warranty claim.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #225
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

I have a feeling if the dealer was telling customers this info, he's already getting lubed up.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #226
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
Why would it be biggest concern?
People should hv learned already not to buy 1st year production car from literally any manufacturer!
I'm trying to figure out how your logic works! this car has been in development for years so they performed lots of tests and for sure they improved their design several times, but there are things need the real life and long time test to be discovered and then resolved by engineers! so if no one would like to buy the first year product, then the issues will be passed to the second year and there is no improvement/update in first year ... easy!
I'm not gonna say this issue is design issue, maybe it is or maybe it is not I mean maybe it's just part failure, but at least they can investigate to find the cause of this issue...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #227
Brady1984
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
I have a feeling if the dealer was telling customers this info, he's already getting lubed up.
No telling if this is the same area, same car or same situation. If it's not I would like to hear the details on the other case too. If it is the same car and IF (big IF here) the warranty claim is denied I think Dondula can handle it. Not everyone here on the forum is so fortunate. I have gone after him pretty hard on this thread mainly because of his statements but is important to see the outcome of this case. I hope it is covered under warranty; if you can race the car before break in, talk about it on the forum, break the car, trash the service you receive, make a fool of yourself on the forum and STILL get your warranty claim handled quick I think the rest of us will be just fine.
      07-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #228
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Click link for answer:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=73

Quote:
Come to find out, it was a completely different car shipped from Okemos Michigan, due to the owner apparently "blowing up" the transmission, racing it prior to break in being completed. I found that hard to believe, but who knows.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #229
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

This will be my last response on this thread so Mods can feel free to lock it or keep it open, Either way, Some of the idiotic members in this thread that keep trying to cause more damage to my situation and accuse me of abusing my car pre break in all because I said I gave the car some throttle one time... Most of you are all out of line.

Saying BMW should void my warranty must be a complete joke right?

BMW HQ reviewed the cars computer and determined what went wrong and where and how high the RPM's were when it happened and the car is still under warranty because I did nothing wrong.

You cannot tell someone that they cannot give a car some gas, god for bid I was on an on ramp and had to gain speed rapidly to avoid a crash with another car, or 1 of a million scenario's. By law a car has to be able to be driven under factory settings in normal everyday situations

If these cars were that sensitive, then bmw would electronically limit these cars during break-in.

I never abused my car. In fact, I baby the heck out of it.

Most of the members in this thread have accused me of lying from the beginning of this and no matter how many times I had to provide proof, there was then another claim stating I was BS-ing about something else.

This is a complete joke and a waste of time posting on here..

I will not be posting anything more about my car or the outcome..

You all really think after all the personal attacks that I would do any of you any favors of sharing anymore info after this?

Get real.

Last edited by dondula; 07-07-2014 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #230
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

You seriously have the thinnest skin of anyone I've ever seen posting on an internet forum.

Lots of people believe you (including me) and are interested in the outcome. Of course there's lots of trolls too - so what? Welcome to the internet. You ignore them, you can report their post, and you can even block their posts from your view.

And you can still get lots of support from the forum, possibly even help sometimes, and do a good public service by continuing to provide updates.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #231
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
I don't blame the OP. Many of the posts were out of line and childish, no matter what they thought of the OP's behavior. The guy lost a transmission on a new car, some here would be throwing a level 5 tantrum if it had happened to them...including me.

DCT's are made to shift w/ little influence of human error, I'm unconvinced any sort of 'racing' contributed to the failure. Sounds like all he did was run the car at speed, like most here would. I saw these cars get revved out on a dyno at the factory, they're not made of glass.

I hope it works out for the OP and he reports back.

Last edited by consolidated; 07-07-2014 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #232
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RC51 View Post
You really have to check back frequently or you will miss some twists and turns in this saga when they get deleted in an effort to keep things on track.
Agreed! There was some good stuff in here. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula View Post

Most of the members in this thread have accused me of lying from the beginning of this and no matter how many times I had to provide proof, there was then another claim stating I was BS-ing about something else.

Get real.
You are full of shit dude. MOST of the people who responded to this thread were empathetic/sympathetic to your plight from page 1. There were only a few who were accusatory. Dude, you are high strung!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
You seriously have the thinnest skin of anyone I've ever seen posting on an internet forum.

Lots of people believe you (including me) and are interested in the outcome. Of course there's lots of trolls too - so what? Welcome to the internet. You ignore them, you can report their post, and you can even block their posts from your view.

And you can still get lots of support from the forum, possibly even help sometimes, and do a good public service by continuing to provide updates.

+3
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #233
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullCheck View Post
Well lets hope BMW does not read this, because they will deny his warranty claim.
Um, no. Break-in is recommended not required.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #234
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
Um, no. Break-in is recommended not required.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #235
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Agreed! There was some good stuff in here. LOL!

You are full of shit dude. MOST of the people who responded to this thread were empathetic/sympathetic to your plight from page 1. There were only a few who were accusatory. Dude, you are high strung!

+3

Your 10k posts here are most likely the biggest accomplishment you will get out of life.

Learn how to speak "Dude"

Also, you were one of the few I dislike here for sure. lets hear you cry now mr. thick skin..

sometimes you just have to lower yourself when dealing with A-holes I guess..

Last edited by dondula; 07-07-2014 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #236
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullCheck View Post
That is silly and completely untrue. Do you really think DCT is designed to fall apart after one good rip? (break-in or not)

Just stop it.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:11 AM   #237
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Realistically your car won't be finished until Friday considering they have somebody competent making a swap.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #238
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UIT TRDR View Post
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3 View Post
That is silly and completely untrue. Do you really think DCT is designed to fall apart after one good rip? (break-in or not)

Just stop it.
thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #239
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep

most of you seem to enjoy fighting more than the actual problem at hand.

I'm done posting about my DCT issue..

Bring the heat. Lets bash it out until mods close this thread. Till the very end as they say.

But make sure it's new material.. Like something good, accusing me of trying to mod my DCT with a tampon to get faster shift points.

It will be amusing for me non the less.

"Dude, suck it up, deal with it, your car broke"
"Dude, you have thin skin, except shit service and stop complaining"
"Dudes, look at this link, OP said he was racing"
"Dude, your DCT is not BMW's fault"
"Dude, you're not supposed to sit in the car at all until you have reached break-in"
"Dude, is your watch fake?"
"Dude, get thick skin, I jerk off with sand paper"
"Dude, Op's post #167 states he was at 14234.2343 degrees north of 4536.34534. when his car broke, what a douche."
"Dude, you waited for over 7 hours on the side of the road? Man up, BMW did their job"
"Dude, you blew a factory automatic trans just from giving it gas once. BMW should void your warranty because you drove the car"

But the best are from the members who say.

"Dude, I have been on your side, but now I think you're a little bitch, deal with it and wear a suit and tie when you take your car in for service next time"

priceless..

This forum should hold the world record for the most forum trolls in one place.

On a more serious note.
A true thank you to those members who have been very kind and have actually helped/defended me along the way.

Last edited by dondula; 07-07-2014 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #240
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Your 10k posts here are most likely the biggest accomplishment you will get out of life.

Learn how to speak "Dude"

Also, you were one of the few I dislike here for sure. lets hear you cry now mr. thick skin..

sometimes you just have to lower yourself when dealing with A-holes I guess..

Well fortunately I didn't "accomplish" a broken dual clutch transmission. You Sir, have outdone yourself. Well done Old Chap! Well done!

What's with you guys and post counts? I've been on this forum for 8+ years, and have been active during that entire time (..much like stressdoc, for example). Post counts come with forum involvement. What you should be more concerned about are the people who have amassed over 2,000 posts in less than 5 months.

...but I digress.

I am well aware of how to speak properly, but I didn't feel the need to be especially proper when addressing you. Maybe you should employ the usage of proper punctuation, sentence construction or maybe even capitalize the first letter in a sentence before you play the pot trying to call out the kettle. I could really care less whether you like me or not as it matters less to me than a buffalo's shit on a nickel. You're merely a digital manifestation of an asshole who can't take a little deserved criticism. That's okay though. I suppose you'll just call the Mayor. Not everybody is here to kiss your ass and coddle you like a child throwing a temper tantrum. You made a statement that was largely untrue, and rather than articulate yourself more clearly, you chose pomp & stance instead.

Quote:
"Dude, you have thin skin, except shit service and stop complaining"
P.S. That would be accept, not except.....

....'except' that you should have already known the difference since it was taught in grade school. I could pick apart a large majority of what you post, but I didn't feel the need to go there as it was immaterial to the subject matter. I suppose I'll change my tune now smartass.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 07-07-2014 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #241
boogie1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

I'm with you dondula…….glad your sticking up for yourself as well. anyone claiming car should be out of warranty for being driven hard……well every m3/4 that has been test driven would be null in void. who actually test drove one of these and didn't floor it?! they encourage you too, if not its not even worth taking the time to drive it.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #242
boogie1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

haha and yes i used too wrong
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread