Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-06-2023, 01:54 PM   #1
Niart906
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2003 M3

TC Kline Camber plates

Looking for some advice, I have a set of TC Kline camber plates. I bought them used and was told they were for use with OE suspension setups. I'm starting to question if that is in fact true.

I've been experiencing really bad inner tire wear. Way more than you'd expect from camber alone. I've had the alignment checked and there is still zero toe like I'd requested. My last alignment was done about 10 months ago when I installed new inner/outer tie rods. Currently it's set to 0 front toe and -2.8 degrees of camber.

Does this look to be installed correctly? Does the nut usually sit that deep into the camber plate?

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

I haven't been able to find any install instructions to confirm, but I think my plates are missing these two small parts circled in red. Can anyone tell me what they're for and where they belong?

View post on imgur.com

It looks like I can order them separately from TC Kline, but that doesn't do me any good if I can't figure out where they belong.

Thanks guys
-Jonathan
      10-13-2023, 11:21 AM   #2
hC1001
Major
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

Hi,
The circled spacers install onto the strut piston rod and the camber plates rest on top of it. Mine are from a 60mm spring TC Kline DA coilover setup so im not sure if the spacer is needed or not with OEM struts.

The top nut shouldnt be that deep. Are both of them the same depth? To me, your pic looks like the circlip holding the bearing isnt installed. Use a flashlight and look inside the hole from the top and see if there is any space between the bearing and camber plate.

Hope these pics help.

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 11:28 AM   #3
hC1001
Major
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

Nevermind, it looks like your top nuts are very short. Everything looks fine to me. Might want to try another alignment shop? You can use toe plates and 2 measuring tapes to verify toe if you know someone or have them around.

The orientation of the plates look correct as well. You might be able to look if the spacers are installed by jacking up the car, removing the wheel, and checking under the bumpstops but im not sure if they are needed or not when using OEM struts. You should call TC Kline.

My guess is the toe is off if everything else is fine...

Last edited by hC1001; 10-13-2023 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0