Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-03-2019, 03:16 AM   #1
bjornb
Private
Rep
Drives: Anything i like :)

Volume fluctuation when playing music over Bluetooth

Hello,

So recently suddenly when i was playing music via bluetooth, the sound/ volume/ quality would reduce and come back 2 sec later but does it like 10 times in a song.
i have this problem in all of our bmw/mini cars. We had an m5 f10 where i had this problem in, tho when listening to radio/dab or playing music via USB it doesn't happen.

Phone software is up to date same as Idrive system,

Friday (1 feb) we picked up our new m4 CS and it has the same problem when playing music via bluetooth. anyone else having this problems? and maybe now how to solve them?

I know playing via USB but then i will sometimes conflict with also being connected with bluetooth to the car

Regards
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 08:31 AM   #2
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornb View Post
Hello,

So recently suddenly when i was playing music via bluetooth, the sound/ volume/ quality would reduce and come back 2 sec later but does it like 10 times in a song.
i have this problem in all of our bmw/mini cars. We had an m5 f10 where i had this problem in, tho when listening to radio/dab or playing music via USB it doesn't happen.

Phone software is up to date same as Idrive system,

Friday (1 feb) we picked up our new m4 CS and it has the same problem when playing music via bluetooth. anyone else having this problems? and maybe now how to solve them?

I know playing via USB but then i will sometimes conflict with also being connected with bluetooth to the car

Regards
I noticed the volume of my song would reduce for a moment whenever another app was being used on the phone, i.e. an email notification comes through, a text, or anything else that the phone would normally notify me about. Try turning off all notifications and playing music again.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 08:45 AM   #3
bjornb
Private
Rep
Drives: Anything i like :)

Hello,
No its not the mails or something i know it will do that. Its really with the quality (it sounds like the music is far away so like an echo)

I have ios 12 after ios 12 it statted happening and at bmw they said they would have a software update in like 2 weeks but our new m4 cs also has the problem now
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
phorbes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornb View Post
Hello,
No its not the mails or something i know it will do that. Its really with the quality (it sounds like the music is far away so like an echo)

I have ios 12 after ios 12 it statted happening and at bmw they said they would have a software update in like 2 weeks but our new m4 cs also has the problem now
I have the same issue. USB playback is perfect but Bluetooth generates this inconsistent echo (especially with high frequency notes) - its like they fade in and out - drives me absolutely insane!!

Funny thing is I had a 2015 f80 with HK system as well and I never had this issue. Not sure what the deal is or how to even remotely attempt to fix it