ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

04-17-2023, 01:22 PM   #1
Clutchtime
Rep
Drives: M2C

WTB 18 inch Wheels

Looking for 18 inch flow formed/ forged rims in good condition. Preferably Apex EC-7R/ RS or VS5RS but I’m open to other brands too.

Ideal sizes:

Fronts 18x9.5/10J ET22

Rears 18x10.5/11J ET40

Located in NJ. Local and nearby offers preferred.

Last edited by Clutchtime; 04-21-2023 at 05:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 09:19 AM   #2
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
I have a rare set of SSR Type C RS (RS = Racing Series, i.e. forged) in 18x9.5 et35. All rims straight and true, only used on track. Can throw in some spacers to get it closer to the offsets you’re looking for.
      04-26-2023, 01:14 AM   #3
Clutchtime
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
I have a rare set of SSR Type C RS (RS = Racing Series, i.e. forged) in 18x9.5 et35. All rims straight and true, only used on track. Can throw in some spacers to get it closer to the offsets you’re looking for.
Is this a square setup? Looking for staggered as far as possible (wanting to run 285 in the rears on track) but i would love to hear your experience on track with the square setup. I'm still learning RWD cars, have only experienced FWD and AWD at length, hence the apprehension of a wider track at the rear for better grip. Also, this car will be my daily driver and we have pathetic roads which is the primary reason for downsizing (will suspension later on). Please do correct me if i'm wrong and let me have your inputs. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 09:40 PM   #4
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchtime View Post
Is this a square setup? Looking for staggered as far as possible (wanting to run 285 in the rears on track) but i would love to hear your experience on track with the square setup. I'm still learning RWD cars, have only experienced FWD and AWD at length, hence the apprehension of a wider track at the rear for better grip. Also, this car will be my daily driver and we have pathetic roads which is the primary reason for downsizing (will suspension later on). Please do correct me if i'm wrong and let me have your inputs. Thanks

To be honest I’m little less familiar with F80 fitments but safe to assume they allow more aggressive fitments relative to E90. So you might need to run a rather thick spacer on rears to bring it out more towards the flush side

That said, square provides some general benefits. Assuming your fronts are now wider than original, you get more front end grip which should result in better handling provided you have camber to help with turn in. Second, it means you can rotate your tires between front and back to help with tire life.