proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-14-2019, 07:46 AM   #23
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
It shouldn’t have. It’s a comprehensive claim.
It didn’t go up directly as a result of the comprehensive claim like it would for a liability claim. Rather they get around this by incorporating all claims (whether your fault or not, and including comprehensive claims) along with your credit score into an “insurance score” that is supposed to predict the probability of someone filing an insurance claim. Apparently a comprehensive claim over $1,000 negatively affects this score even if the claim doesn’t directly impact rates.
      12-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #24
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

We are having our bathroom remodeled and it is the same. I mean seriously, are these people idiots or do they just not give a sh**??? Or both? The quality of their work has been so inconsistent and the bad stuff is just horrific. I feel lik you do need to watch over them in everything!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #25
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Too bad they couldn't install windshields more like a consumable part. It seems like the chance of damage to the car on replacement is very high.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 01:54 PM   #26
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
We are having our bathroom remodeled and it is the same. I mean seriously, are these people idiots or do they just not give a sh**??? Or both? The quality of their work has been so inconsistent and the bad stuff is just horrific. I feel lik you do need to watch over them in everything!
Both. You have to watch them every step of the way. When they show up.
doug_9992541.50
      12-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #27
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Hi OP, sorry that happened, but at least you learned that new and in warranty cars are best for you.

It gets harder with older cars and the parts can be stupidly costly.

Find a tech and SA you trust based on forums recommendations and stick with them!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 06:59 AM   #28
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Bummer man. I totally get it. I had a similar experience with my last car and that was part of the reason I sold it. It’s so hard to find good help. I try to accept little imperfections, but it’s tough. Part of being a car guy. Most people just don’t give a shit.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 10:38 PM   #29
Eriksson8642
BMW Fanboy
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
I feel like if anything happens to your car, you might as well just get a new one eventually. It is crazy to me how remarkably incompetent people are.

I finally purchased my m3 18 zcp 1.5 years ago with the full intention to buy it out after the lease. The car only has 5k miles. Unfortunately, my windshield cracked and I thought, this can't be as difficult as a repaint job or something right? WRONG.

I spent weeks trying to find a vendor, interviewing them basically. Finally found someone I felt relatively comfortable with, I told them my concerns and they addressed them. 5 star reviews, recommended from another shop. Anyway, one of my major concerns was being able to see the adhesive shine from inside the car. This was something I specifically warned this gentlemen about and he gave me the "that's a rookie mistake bro, I've been doing this for 20+ years!" great I felt. After the job was done, it took me a day to figure out when I went for my first drive that the adhesive was visible and even sloppy looking from inside the car.

They thankfully stood by their work and did the job again.. turns out the guy said he should have used a "foam dam" which is basically a raised piece of tape that keeps the glue from bleeding too much into the car.

Great.. 2 guys came out.. re installed the windshield.. this time, everything passed the eye test. 2 weeks pass, I hadn't driven the car, etc.. I washed the car only to find several scratches in the glass that extend passed even the line of sight of the wipers that weren't even used.

Specifically mentioned to him to inspect the glass, and I stupidly took them at their word that the glass was good.. nother "rookie mistake" that they wouldn't make. The glass comes with a plastic? maybe it was scratched when they had to reset the glass, who knows.. am I asking too much to have the glass installed with no adhesive and no scratches? how can the glass I had 5k miles on not have been scratched but this one magically has some?

Anyways, long story short, they refunded me what I paid out of pocket (didn't go through insurance) - I got scratches I can't feel by hand I'm going to try and polish out with ceriglass and carpro pad.. but it just hit me again that you literally can't trust anybody to work on your car man. If you find someone good, treat them well.

back to square one I guess..
Buying a BMW is a commitment, it's costly and hard to maintain, but when it's running, its the ultimate driving machine.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 11:10 PM   #30
GOS7
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: F82, E28 535is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
Time to learn how to DIY

That’s why I love Kies Motorsports. They treat any car with the most amazing care. Their crank hub work they did on my car was amazing.
Saw your video covering that. Wish their TX location was closer to Austin/SATX!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 11:21 PM   #31
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3NGOe90 View Post
First day when I got my M6 first thing I wanted to do window tint. I went to local guy, since I own a business I know shops don't like when you around your car checking their work while they working on your car. So I gave the guy some space while he was working on my car and sat in the office until car is ready, I thought what can really go wrong with tinting a window, let me know not bother them. So they called me saying car is ready. I didn't wanted to be annoying and check every single corner for tints in front of them. So I drove couple blocks parked the car started to inspect the car. Damn the thing I saw I could never think of would have happened. My beautiful red leather dashboard bubbled up on passenger side on top of the glove box from soap they were spraying on the windshield, maybe they sprayed too much I don't know. I went back after 5-10 min leaving the shop, showed them my dashboard bubbled up. I told them I'm not a tint expert but you guys should have covered the dashboard with something. They didn't admit that they did it, but it was clearly water/soap that made dashboard bubbled up. I didn't know myself leather dashboards need special treatment like that so I didn't give them hard time, sucked it up and walked away. Next day bubbles went way but water stains left on the dash. Sometimes some situations sucks
I would take a water dampened clean white cotton wash cloth and wipe your entire dash down with it. Be surprised how that might make everything blended and uniform.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 01:05 PM   #32
mbudz
Rep
Drives: e60, f15, rx-7

Some dealers do their own windshields. I have worked at a dealer in Chicago that outsources all the glass work. Now I'm at Zeigler in orland park, il which we do as many windshields as possible. Only 1 tech here that actually like and knows what he is doing so they give him all the work. Only time we out source is if insurance wont pay for it. A lot of these companies even smaller operations do not use any of the " in conjunction with" parts for the windshields. IF they get glass from us they always source everything else aftermarket.

Mike
Appreciate 1
wdskukm3364.00
      12-26-2019, 08:11 PM   #33
Beemerm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW m3

I had a bad experience at Safelite before. The people can't handle customer service. And they got 1 store in a 25 mile radius.
Cracked my windshield n offer for a discount. And when I talked to the people at the counter they denied it. The one in San Jose Stevens Creek.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #34
wdskukm3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 and Model P3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
Time to learn how to DIY

That’s why I love Kies Motorsports. They treat any car with the most amazing care. Their crank hub work they did on my car was amazing.
If I was closer to them I would bring my car to them as well. I watch all his videos.