EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-02-2020, 05:03 PM   #1
mattylmbr
New Member
18
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Picked up a 2017 M3 Comp a few months ago with an Opal White interior. Interior overall was a 10/10 with exception of one crappy repair that the dealer had half ass tried to dye (with the wrong color) prior to selling.

Fast forward - I removed the incorrect colored dye - and got some Opal White dye from Seat Doctors to try and help my OCD and fix it. I did the dye application myself.

Results below - couldn't be happier. Also, high marks to Andy at Seat Doctors for his customer service and help.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 10
FaRKle!1978.50
Humdizzle1783.00
agentrnge195.50
2SNAILS1727.50
c12h230.00
ntg442028.50
spuntyb2119.50

      12-02-2020, 11:43 PM   #2
icebiker
Second Lieutenant
157
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: 2016 F83 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Nice job! 👍 looks like new. White's a tough one to match compared to darker colors. Good on you!
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2020, 12:06 AM   #3
RugbyBro
First Lieutenant
RugbyBro's Avatar
417
Rep
356
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Looks great! Love seeing people DIY this stuff. Did you put any top coat on it?
__________________
F82 - Current
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2020, 06:39 AM   #4
mattylmbr
New Member
18
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Looks great! Love seeing people DIY this stuff. Did you put any top coat on it?
No top coat. I will do a good buff with a microfiber towers today, and probably just some leather conditioner in a few days.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 06:41 AM   #5
mattylmbr
New Member
18
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebiker View Post
Nice job! 👍 looks like new. White's a tough one to match compared to darker colors. Good on you!
The guys at seat doctors we def helpful with the match. I'd say it is as close to perfect as you can get.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 03:44 PM   #6
Spun Crankhub
Brigadier General
705
Rep
4,085
Posts

Drives: Sakhir on Sakhir
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (47)

Looks great
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2020, 05:47 PM   #7
CookMaster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
36
Rep
204
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 TB
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the recommendation on seat doctors. The die looks perfect and nicely applied. I need to do the same for my driver's side seat.
__________________
2015 M4 Tanzanite Blue / Exec pkg / Driver Assist Pkg / LED Light Pkg /Blk 19" Wheels
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2020, 08:39 PM   #8
mattylmbr
New Member
18
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookMaster View Post
Thanks for the recommendation on seat doctors. The die looks perfect and nicely applied. I need to do the same for my driver's side seat.
I used a cosmetic wedge to apply - I feel like it gave much better texture than a brush or 'wiping' it on would have. Very easy if you take your time and are patient between coats.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 08:44 PM   #9
icegrill
Captain
icegrill's Avatar
559
Rep
854
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Nice work! Love when something actually goes right!!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 09:40 PM   #10
Imperial328i
Lieutenant
Imperial328i's Avatar
United_States
195
Rep
453
Posts

Drives: 2015 MGM 328i, 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Southern Maryland

iTrader: (0)

VERY nice looking. I'm impressed. I wonder if they have a solution for the bolster wear from ingress and egress.
__________________
2017 F80 ZCP - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 09:43 PM   #11
IVM3
Private First Class
144
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial328i View Post
VERY nice looking. I'm impressed. I wonder if they have a solution for the bolster wear from ingress and egress.
I have a black interior and the colourlock dye made the bolster wear look like new again. Was very easy to apply in thin coats.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2020, 06:17 AM   #12
Imperial328i
Lieutenant
Imperial328i's Avatar
United_States
195
Rep
453
Posts

Drives: 2015 MGM 328i, 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Southern Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial328i View Post
VERY nice looking. I'm impressed. I wonder if they have a solution for the bolster wear from ingress and egress.
I have a black interior and the colourlock dye made the bolster wear look like new again. Was very easy to apply in thin coats.
Did you order the anthracite color? Did you use any of the filler?
__________________
2017 F80 ZCP - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 02:38 PM   #13
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
1278
Rep
3,066
Posts

Drives: DV F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylmbr View Post
Picked up a 2017 M3 Comp a few months ago with an Opal White interior. Interior overall was a 10/10 with exception of one crappy repair that the dealer had half ass tried to dye (with the wrong color) prior to selling.

Fast forward - I removed the incorrect colored dye - and got some Opal White dye from Seat Doctors to try and help my OCD and fix it. I did the dye application myself.

Results below - couldn't be happier. Also, high marks to Andy at Seat Doctors for his customer service and help.
Shit, thanks; I've got a sunscreen stain on my silverstone that won't go away. Ordering this ASAP! How much did you need? That's about the amount of area I need to cover.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasham View Post
Caddy ATS . . . finally, a decent rental car option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #14
mattylmbr
New Member
18
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylmbr View Post
Picked up a 2017 M3 Comp a few months ago with an Opal White interior. Interior overall was a 10/10 with exception of one crappy repair that the dealer had half ass tried to dye (with the wrong color) prior to selling.

Fast forward - I removed the incorrect colored dye - and got some Opal White dye from Seat Doctors to try and help my OCD and fix it. I did the dye application myself.

Results below - couldn't be happier. Also, high marks to Andy at Seat Doctors for his customer service and help.
Shit, thanks; I've got a sunscreen stain on my silverstone that won't go away. Ordering this ASAP! How much did you need? That's about the amount of area I need to cover.
I ordered the 8oz bottle and there is a boatload left. There is a smaller bottle option, but, with the Opal I was assuming I may need more down the road.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 03:52 PM   #15
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
1278
Rep
3,066
Posts

Drives: DV F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylmbr View Post
I ordered the 8oz bottle and there is a boatload left. There is a smaller bottle option, but, with the Opal I was assuming I may need more down the road.
Cool, Silverstone is just a touch more color than Opal so I went with the 8, too. Thanks man, now I don't have to see this eye sore anymore
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasham View Post
Caddy ATS . . . finally, a decent rental car option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 06:44 PM   #16
IVM3
Private First Class
144
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial328i View Post
Did you order the anthracite color? Did you use any of the filler?
I ordered the colourlock bmw black f034 color, which is their match to our black interiors. I didn't need any filler. My bolster had white cracks and some areas that were worn down to a white color. I used their sponge and was able to get close enough to the stitching without dyeing the stitching. It looks near perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BCCQQL6/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc= 1
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 11:01 AM   #17
Imperial328i
Lieutenant
Imperial328i's Avatar
United_States
195
Rep
453
Posts

Drives: 2015 MGM 328i, 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Southern Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial328i View Post
Did you order the anthracite color? Did you use any of the filler?
I ordered the colourlock bmw black f034 color, which is their match to our black interiors. I didn't need any filler. My bolster had white cracks and some areas that were worn down to a white color. I used their sponge and was able to get close enough to the stitching without dyeing the stitching. It looks near perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BCCQQL6/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc= 1
Fantastic thank you
__________________
2017 F80 ZCP - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST