ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-26-2015, 12:55 PM   #507
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
OK now that we're on this, turn signals should ALWAYS be visible from HUD also. You use to be able to code in but I don't think you can do that anymore that even sucks which tells me that that option isn't available anywhere.
I tried coding it and I was successful in seeing it in the software program, I made the change and it never worked once I saved the settings. It really sucks.

First world problems...
      10-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #508
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowie
Air con seats....
Had that in a 640i in 2012 awesome to say the least

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #509
slowie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 428i, Sahara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
Had that in a 640i in 2012 awesome to say the least
Absolutely..... I have them in my Landcruiser and it regularly gets to 40+ degrees here.

M3 gets a bit sweaty..... lol
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #510
drburton
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 Alpine

Minor Gripes

Picked up my 2018 M4 about a month ago and I absolutely love the car. So much fun to drive. However, I have some minor gripes with basic functionality that BMW could easily remedy. Some of these may have solutions I'm just not aware of, but here is the list so far:
  • The sound system can’t automatically change between Bluetooth and USB without changing settings for phone. I now leave mine with Bluetooth off for better quality music.
  • BMW Connected opens automatically when you plug the phone in USB and it blocks you from playing music etc, until you apply your fingerprint for the app to open or alternatively close the app.
  • If you use Pandora or have it open on phone, then switch to USB as source, the menu is showing Pandora options instead of switching to the navigation for music on the phone. Have to manually close Pandora then go back to Phone (Note Pandora is listed as separate source but still shows up under phone source as well)
  • Park Distance control does not engage automatically when you get close to an object moving in the forward direction – have to press the button
  • Don’t think there is a way to sync the temperatures for the climate system, have to adjust each side individually.
  • Can’t adjust the default driving settings, so manage around that using the M1 and M2 buttons.
  • Since most people mount phone on dash, why is the USB all the way in glove compartment, should be one closer to dash (in front of cup holders)
  • The heated steering wheel button is less than optimal, have to search around steering column while driving – why not have it on dash like heated seats

Also, CarPlay sucks but that is a whole separate conversation.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #511
DeliAhjusshi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 ZCP

Option to set default driver settings on startup

Option for both heated and cooled seats

Better quality exterior paint (more coats)

Thicker windshield glass
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 09:36 AM   #512
SpeedN8
Slower traffic keep right.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5 35d & '18 M4 Coupe ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSpy View Post
Two things to say about the F80/F82 that are negative:

1) No A/C Sync button

2) No seat belt height adjustment

Other than that, kudos to you guys. These are easy fixes, I would most definitely consider them when your next model refresh comes around.
The absense of a Sync button on my '18 M4 drives me CRAZY! Hell, the Honda's at my office have a damn Sync button... they don't have quite as much torque though.
      07-03-2017, 12:09 PM   #513
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedN8 View Post
The absense of a Sync button on my '18 M4 drives me CRAZY! Hell, the Honda's at my office have a damn Sync button... they don't have quite as much torque though.
I agree, I like the sync button as do most with symmetry preferences.

The better question is, who actually uses the dual zone climate control? This came into popularity in the last 10 years or so and seemed neat at first but in practicality, why would two people sitting right next to each other have materially different needs in terms of temperature? If the car is hot, chances are everyone in the car is hot and will want some nice cold AC, vice versa if it is cold. Simply shutting a vent or aiming it differently can account for slightly different preferences. But has anyone actually had their side blowing frigid air while the passenger has the heat turned on, actually utilizing the dual zones? I know thats never happened in my car nor anyone else I have ever driven with...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 12:44 PM   #514
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedN8 View Post
I agree, I like the sync button as do most with symmetry preferences.

The better question is, who actually uses the dual zone climate control? This came into popularity in the last 10 years or so and seemed neat at first but in practicality, why would two people sitting right next to each other have materially different needs in terms of temperature? If the car is hot, chances are everyone in the car is hot and will want some nice cold AC, vice versa if it is cold. Simply shutting a vent or aiming it differently can account for slightly different preferences. But has anyone actually had their side blowing frigid air while the passenger has the heat turned on, actually utilizing the dual zones? I know thats never happened in my car nor anyone else I have ever driven with...
Interesting, we use it all the time. My wife and daughters prefer way diff temps than me, so our zones are different close to 100% of the time.

Cheers

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0