Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-18-2018, 12:26 PM   #1079
JamesGames
Major
JamesGames's Avatar
United_States
928
Rep
1,259
Posts

Drives: E60 550i / F82 M4 6MT / F48 X1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SOCAL

iTrader: (0)



LMR 20x10 20x11
Appreciate 4
shay2nak1011.50
T1M3LESS1336.00
GERMAN M31827.50

      08-20-2018, 12:48 AM   #1080
WickedM3
Private
United_States
52
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ca

iTrader: (3)

Work Meister
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
      08-20-2018, 01:29 AM   #1081
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Will Pwr's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
301
Posts

Drives: '17 AW F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cali

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Will Pwr
VOLK RACING ZE40
19x9.5 +22 - 19x10.5 +35
Continental ExtremeContact Sport
265/35R19 - 285/35R19
Attached Images
      
__________________
Will -
'17 Alpine White F80 ///M3
Appreciate 2
shay2nak1011.50
VeloF1146.00

      08-22-2018, 03:44 PM   #1082
s0211
Private
s0211's Avatar
96
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: 2018 MW F80 ZCP
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Longtime lurker, first time posting.
These have been posted before, but...
went for an easy clean with bronze Volk Racing TE37 Ultra.



Appreciate 2
'Cane935.00
jacobe92475.50

      08-22-2018, 04:36 PM   #1083
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Will Pwr's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
301
Posts

Drives: '17 AW F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cali

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Will Pwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2017 View Post
Longtime lurker, first time posting.
These have been posted before, but...
went for an easy clean with bronze Volk Racing TE37 Ultra.
I was debating between the TE and ZE for the longest time haha.

What tire size set up did you go with?
__________________
Will -
'17 Alpine White F80 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 06:27 PM   #1084
s0211
Private
s0211's Avatar
96
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: 2018 MW F80 ZCP
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Pwr View Post
I was debating between the TE and ZE for the longest time haha.

What tire size set up did you go with?
Being lazy, I will go with less spokes haha.

They're 275/35/18 front and 285/35/18 rear
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #1085
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Will Pwr's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
301
Posts

Drives: '17 AW F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cali

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Will Pwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2017 View Post
Being lazy, I will go with less spokes haha.

They're 275/35/18 front and 285/35/18 rear
Haha... I know what you mean...I think that when Im cleaning my ZEs haha.

Did you get the 10.5 rear or the 11.0? Im running the same rear tire size on my 10.5 rear

Again, looks really good...would love to see a full side shot!
__________________
Will -
'17 Alpine White F80 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 08:02 PM   #1086
s0211
Private
s0211's Avatar
96
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: 2018 MW F80 ZCP
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Pwr View Post
Haha... I know what you mean...I think that when Im cleaning my ZEs haha.

Did you get the 10.5 rear or the 11.0? Im running the same rear tire size on my 10.5 rear

Again, looks really good...would love to see a full side shot!
Thank you!! Front and rear 10.5. This is the closest thing to a side shot I have.


Last edited by s0211; 08-22-2018 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
'Cane935.00

      08-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #1087
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Will Pwr's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
301
Posts

Drives: '17 AW F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cali

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Will Pwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2017 View Post
Thank you!! Front and rear 10.5. This is the closest thing to a side shot I have.

__________________
Will -
'17 Alpine White F80 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 08:49 AM   #1088
Grounded.4.Life
Private First Class
Grounded.4.Life's Avatar
Canada
21
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: sold and sourly missed'07 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: GTA!

iTrader: (0)

yuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi Beast View Post
Ummm….yeah. What he said.
sorry man, same here.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #1089
gixxerboy63
M4 ZCP pilot
gixxerboy63's Avatar
United_States
800
Rep
1,831
Posts

Drives: F83 M4, G01 X3 M40i, e70 X5M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: WS, GSO High Point, NC

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [5.00]
__________________

2010 X5M Pure Turbos 700hp Beast - (SOLD )
2017 M4 - Mineral White, ZCP, Signature Wheels, H&R, Meistershaft, GTS hood GTS, Taillights
2018 X3 M40i - Phytonic Blue / Oyster
Appreciate 8
'Cane935.00
HRE_Wheels1876.00
///M3_F80189.00
shay2nak1011.50
GERMAN M31827.50
Poiseuille4012.50

      09-13-2018, 07:10 PM   #1090
JamesGames
Major
JamesGames's Avatar
United_States
928
Rep
1,259
Posts

Drives: E60 550i / F82 M4 6MT / F48 X1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SOCAL

iTrader: (0)





8k miles, 3 suspension setups (4 including OEM), 4 alignments, finally satisfied with everything. Should be content for awhile.. call me stupid or call me OCD both works

BBS LMR 20x10 / 20x11
KW CS 3way (w/ camber plates)
265/30/20
295/30/20
Appreciate 7
f80er1101.00
shay2nak1011.50
T1M3LESS1336.00
GERMAN M31827.50
F85MTuNED519.50

      09-14-2018, 08:09 AM   #1091
f80er
Lieutenant Colonel
f80er's Avatar
1101
Rep
1,617
Posts

Drives: An M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

Looks great James. Can't go wrong with 20" LM-Rs.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2018, 08:49 PM   #1092
THEROK
Captain
South Korea
539
Rep
778
Posts

Drives: Genesis GV80
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gangnam District

iTrader: (0)

20" BBS FI-Rs in gloss black (bought unfinished raw set from BBS to do it the right way)
265/30, 295/30 Michelin PS4S

__________________
Dry sump flat six
Appreciate 2
      09-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #1093
THEROK
Captain
South Korea
539
Rep
778
Posts

Drives: Genesis GV80
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gangnam District

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post




8k miles, 3 suspension setups (4 including OEM), 4 alignments, finally satisfied with everything. Should be content for awhile.. call me stupid or call me OCD both works

BBS LMR 20x10 / 20x11
KW CS 3way (w/ camber plates)
265/30/20
295/30/20
I respect the OCD, but honestly, I'd raise the front to avoid the Detroit dragster rake and get back to BMW's factory front/rear height ratio.
__________________
Dry sump flat six
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #1094
JamesGames
Major
JamesGames's Avatar
United_States
928
Rep
1,259
Posts

Drives: E60 550i / F82 M4 6MT / F48 X1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SOCAL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
I respect the OCD, but honestly, I'd raise the front to avoid the Detroit dragster rake and get back to BMW's factory front/rear height ratio.
Actually, I am dropped evenly almost. I'm dropped nearly equally front and back. The rear height has no more threads to go the front has almost another inch it can go down. If you measured fender to hub distance the front and back difference vs stock is only .25 inches. Rear factory gap vs front was slightly less. The rear tire is significantly wider and taller as well as stretched less, giving that rear end a "Detroit drag look" to you. All aftermarket springs drop front more than rear and hardly anyone drops equal height front to rear, especially on f80!
265 on 10inch in front
295 on 11 inch in rear

I've tried 275 30 20 up front and rubbed (275 on on 10 looks similar stretch to 295 on 11)
So this is where I ended after trying many things, tires wheels alignments included. At the end of the day, to each his own
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #1095
THEROK
Captain
South Korea
539
Rep
778
Posts

Drives: Genesis GV80
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gangnam District

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
Actually, I am dropped evenly almost. I'm dropped nearly equally front and back. The rear height has no more threads to go the front has almost another inch it can go down. If you measured fender to hub distance the front and back difference vs stock is only .25 inches. Rear factory gap vs front was slightly less. The rear tire is significantly wider and taller as well as stretched less, giving that rear end a "Detroit drag look" to you. All aftermarket springs drop front more than rear and hardly anyone drops equal height front to rear, especially on f80!
265 on 10inch in front
295 on 11 inch in rear

I've tried 275 30 20 up front and rubbed (275 on on 10 looks similar stretch to 295 on 11)
So this is where I ended after trying many things, tires wheels alignments included. At the end of the day, to each his own
**I'm more sharing my opinion for other people running in this thread and not to offend you in any way. It's your car.**

It's pretty simple to me. The front looks way too low. Rear looks right. If you corner balanced this, it's hard to believe your current front gap (or lackthereof) is going to get it dialed in front to rear. The front needs like a two to three finger gap.

Were your BBS LM-Rs purchased new from BBS? IIRC, the BBS F8X fitment don't feature 10s in the front.

The BBS F8X sanctioned fitment is on this dude's ride with 9.5s up front: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1456242

I could look up the offsets, but feeling lazy atm.
__________________
Dry sump flat six
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 07:52 PM   #1096
JamesGames
Major
JamesGames's Avatar
United_States
928
Rep
1,259
Posts

Drives: E60 550i / F82 M4 6MT / F48 X1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SOCAL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
**I'm more sharing my opinion for other people running in this thread and not to offend you in any way. It's your car.**

It's pretty simple to me. The front looks way too low. Rear looks right. If you corner balanced this, it's hard to believe your current front gap (or lackthereof) is going to get it dialed in front to rear. The front needs like a two to three finger gap.

Were your BBS LM-Rs purchased new from BBS? IIRC, the BBS F8X fitment don't feature 10s in the front.

The BBS F8X sanctioned fitment is on this dude's ride with 9.5s up front: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1456242

I could look up the offsets, but feeling lazy atm.
Not offended at all, open to discussion. Heres the issue with what you're saying. The front looks like it's tucking more than the rear but it isn't; actually it has a shadow based on the morning sunlight and the more angled tire from having -2.3 camber up front and -1.7 in the rear. THE REAR is tucking tire, the FRONT isn't. Theres a large camber difference due to the camber plates. Like I already mentioned, the rear was dropped all the way down and there is much more thread to go in the front. The fender to center of hub DISTANCE on the front fender / rear fender is EQUAL, so the front actually has more gap than the rear. Also like I said, to each his own. I love the way the car drives, handles, and looks. Kw clubsport 3 ways


Yes, my BBS were through BBS, not rebarreled. 20x10ET 18 20x11 ET40.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 10:26 PM   #1097
THEROK
Captain
South Korea
539
Rep
778
Posts

Drives: Genesis GV80
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gangnam District

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
**I'm more sharing my opinion for other people running in this thread and not to offend you in any way. It's your car.**

It's pretty simple to me. The front looks way too low. Rear looks right. If you corner balanced this, it's hard to believe your current front gap (or lackthereof) is going to get it dialed in front to rear. The front needs like a two to three finger gap.

Were your BBS LM-Rs purchased new from BBS? IIRC, the BBS F8X fitment don't feature 10s in the front.

The BBS F8X sanctioned fitment is on this dude's ride with 9.5s up front: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1456242

I could look up the offsets, but feeling lazy atm.
Not offended at all, open to discussion. Heres the issue with what you're saying. The front looks like it's tucking more than the rear but it isn't; actually it has a shadow based on the morning sunlight and the more angled tire from having -2.3 camber up front and -1.7 in the rear. THE REAR is tucking tire, the FRONT isn't. Theres a large camber difference due to the camber plates. Like I already mentioned, the rear was dropped all the way down and there is much more thread to go in the front. The fender to center of hub DISTANCE on the front fender / rear fender is EQUAL, so the front actually has more gap than the rear. Also like I said, to each his own. I love the way the car drives, handles, and looks. Kw clubsport 3 ways


Yes, my BBS were through BBS, not rebarreled. 20x10ET 18 20x11 ET40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
**I'm more sharing my opinion for other people running in this thread and not to offend you in any way. It's your car.**

It's pretty simple to me. The front looks way too low. Rear looks right. If you corner balanced this, it's hard to believe your current front gap (or lackthereof) is going to get it dialed in front to rear. The front needs like a two to three finger gap.

Were your BBS LM-Rs purchased new from BBS? IIRC, the BBS F8X fitment don't feature 10s in the front.

The BBS F8X sanctioned fitment is on this dude's ride with 9.5s up front: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1456242

I could look up the offsets, but feeling lazy atm.
Not offended at all, open to discussion. Heres the issue with what you're saying. The front looks like it's tucking more than the rear but it isn't; actually it has a shadow based on the morning sunlight and the more angled tire from having -2.3 camber up front and -1.7 in the rear. THE REAR is tucking tire, the FRONT isn't. Theres a large camber difference due to the camber plates. Like I already mentioned, the rear was dropped all the way down and there is much more thread to go in the front. The fender to center of hub DISTANCE on the front fender / rear fender is EQUAL, so the front actually has more gap than the rear. Also like I said, to each his own. I love the way the car drives, handles, and looks. Kw clubsport 3 ways


Yes, my BBS were through BBS, not rebarreled. 20x10ET 18 20x11 ET40.
Thanks for being cool about my comments.

My point is the stock front to rear measurements from hub to fender are NOT equal. Your front looks way too low dragster style but perhaps another photo will make it look less nascar?

Curious why you went with fronts that clearly rub esp in our earthquake reformed SoCal freeways. Bbs offers front 9.5s that fit perfectly just as your rears are dialed in. I so wish they'd offer LMs in the same 9.5/11 LMR spec.
__________________
Dry sump flat six
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 11:27 PM   #1098
JamesGames
Major
JamesGames's Avatar
United_States
928
Rep
1,259
Posts

Drives: E60 550i / F82 M4 6MT / F48 X1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SOCAL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
Thanks for being cool about my comments.

My point is the stock front to rear measurements from hub to fender are NOT equal. Your front looks way too low dragster style but perhaps another photo will make it look less nascar?

Curious why you went with fronts that clearly rub esp in our earthquake reformed SoCal freeways. Bbs offers front 9.5s that fit perfectly just as your rears are dialed in. I so wish they'd offer LMs in the same 9.5/11 LMR spec.
i've been on this setup for over a year on lowest setting on pss10 and never rubbed. It's not that bad... but ya, Cheers back to the regularly scheduled program. Man Nascar drag car it is what it is.
Appreciate 1
THEROK539.00

      09-17-2018, 12:06 AM   #1099
fr4nklin
New Member
17
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: bmw m4
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: indonesia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post




8k miles, 3 suspension setups (4 including OEM), 4 alignments, finally satisfied with everything. Should be content for awhile.. call me stupid or call me OCD both works

BBS LMR 20x10 / 20x11
KW CS 3way (w/ camber plates)
265/30/20
295/30/20
Ah the car that inspired mine. Love the suspension setup.

Too bad i cant set mine like that. In place where i live, i will scrap the car everywhere.


Last edited by fr4nklin; 09-17-2018 at 04:06 AM..
Appreciate 3
f80er1101.00
Poiseuille4012.50

      09-17-2018, 08:01 AM   #1100
f80er
Lieutenant Colonel
f80er's Avatar
1101
Rep
1,617
Posts

Drives: An M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

Woah! You got 19s though?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST