Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #1
Spiff7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F80 M3 ZCP

iDrive last settings on screen at startup

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following issue:

Since I've gotten the car (July 2018) every time I get in my car and start it up the iDrive screen shows something different and not the screen where I left it when I turned it off.

As an example 99% of the time I have it showing my preset stations on left and map on right. When I get back in the car after it's turned off, most of the time the screen on left shows where you would choose presets, all stations, fm, am, etc. it's very frustrating and I know it's not supposed to be like this because I owned other F series and this never happened.

A couple months after I took delivery I took it a dealership to look into it. They did a full flash and updated iStep however the issue was not corrected. They said I can drop it off another time and they can look into it further. Obviously I haven't done that yet.

Overtime I'm beginning to wonder if it is related to comfort access. The reason I say this is because if I grab car door handle to get in car the left screen is usually wrong. However, if I use keyfob to open it, quite often it's on the correct screen, but not always. I've tried carrying each of the two keys to see if I notice any difference with comfort access but I don't and the problem remains.

Also, every now and then I'll notice the temp on the passenger side will be a different number by one degree where I left it. I know this because I keep the driver and passenger same temp and rarely change them. Plus it's very rare I have a passenger in seat, so it's not that someone is changing it.

The final issue which may or not be related to this is sporadically when I go to close my trunk, it will just pop back open. Sometimes it will continue to do this for as many as 5 times before it finally stays closed. Thank goodness it's usually in my garage at home when getting my briefcase out. Because other then it being annoying, it's embarrassing too not to be able to get it to stay closed.

Would love to hear possible solutions or others who may have experienced any of the above.

If it is comfort access, is that something that can just get replaced??

Thanks!
2008 E92 328xi (retired)
2001 E46 325xi (retired)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
TrauCon
Private First Class
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 AlpineWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff7 View Post
The final issue which may or not be related to this is sporadically when I go to close my trunk, it will just pop back open. Sometimes it will continue to do this for as many as 5 times before it finally stays closed. Thank goodness it's usually in my garage at home when getting my briefcase out. Because other then it being annoying, it's embarrassing too not to be able to get it to stay closed.
Thanks!
Do you have an after-market diffuser installed?

I faced the same issue and turned out to be the diffuser was the cause (I have comfort access as well). I replaced it with the plastic OEM one to confirm and indeed, it was the issue 100%.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 06:34 PM   #3
Spiff7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrauCon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff7 View Post
Thanks!
Do you have an after-market diffuser installed?

I faced the same issue and turned out to be the diffuser was the cause (I have comfort access as well). I replaced it with the plastic OEM one to confirm and indeed, it was the issue 100%.
Perhaps that is what is causing that issue. I have the OEM M Performance diffuser installed. I'll check if maybe it's installed wrong or something. Thanks!
2008 E92 328xi (retired)
2001 E46 325xi (retired)
Appreciate 0