EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-10-2021, 11:06 PM   #7173
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8SEVEN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I had it on there originally, but subsequently removed it. I looked at the tank size of the F82 - which was fine - and the tank size of the G82. The base Carrera S gas tank falls right in line with that, so I think I can save a few hundred and apply it to the car cover. I won't drive the car much. I would be shocked if it even reaches 5k miles a year. I didn't even put more than 5k on my M4 in all of 2018-2020.
Gotcha...I was thinking for second owner perspective mostly, I think a lot of Porsche drivers like it, especially the ones that do the road trip rally things...but it could just be me thinking wrong.
Yeah I can see that. Ideally, this will be my last car. I'll pay it off and be payment free. That's my next dream.
Appreciate 1
Fugly M35071.00
      05-10-2021, 11:18 PM   #7174
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Yeah I can see that. Ideally, this will be my last car. I'll pay it off and be payment free. That's my next dream.
That's a good goal! I've thought about the same thing as 911s go forever and even go up in value with high miles. My only concern is California will ban gasoline altogether at some point.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      05-10-2021, 11:22 PM   #7175
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's a good goal! I've thought about the same thing as 911s go forever and even go up in value with high miles. My only concern is California will ban gasoline altogether at some point.
This state will talk that rhetoric, but they'll never be able to completely ban them. The EV take rate is relatively low overall and low income people/families (...and all of our illegal immigrants) won't find EV's accessible to them. They'd also have to grandfather in everybody who owns gasoline automobiles, and like the firearms market (...and the response to proposed legislation), that'll just make people go out and buy more gasoline powered cars.
Appreciate 1
Fugly M35071.00
      05-11-2021, 12:18 AM   #7176
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah. No kidding. I'm continually swapping one thing for something else. I'm glad I had/have time. The initial suggestion(s) to ditch the roof didn't sink in until today; seeing the base interior was like......uhhhhh, no. I added an updated build code in my last post.
This is pretty much how Porsche gets you and something I also don't like Porsche for. Screw those Rennlist ppl who says otherwise.

The interior trim thing would need to change unless you are okay with the soft base plastic thing. It is sadly just one of those "Yeah... Porsche" crap. I have complained about it myself but there isn't much you can do. GTS trims and up generally give you leather dashes and what not by default but anything below them don't. You need to option it in... even for a 110k+ car.

My view when it comes to cars like this, is also what I spoke about with my GSM too. It is along the lines of, "I know I can slim down the price of the GT4. It is easy, I absolutely know how to but I also know, this is probably going to be it for me when it comes to my personal car. I won't change again. GT4 RS is tempting but it is also going to be at least 130k MSRP without options... added in options it is going to be above what I am capable of paying (and not to mention into GT3 territory). If I am going to keep it, I prefer just getting everything I want in it, pay a bit more instead of regret not getting it."

When it comes to most Porsches, 911 or 718, I have the view point of not modding the car almost at all. Wheels is about it really if you don't track. They aren't Ms, or AMGs where some modding is kind of needed to bring out the best in the car.

That is why my suggestion has been, if you are able to pay for it, then pay a bit more and do it. Do not have any regrets. I have been hitting myself for not getting ceramics on numerous occasions. That won't happen again on my next car. Even if it is super, SUPER expensive.
Sedan_Clan25085.00
irunalot1518.00
      05-11-2021, 12:30 AM   #7177
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
Yeah. No kidding. I'm continually swapping one thing for something else. I'm glad I had/have time. The initial suggestion(s) to ditch the roof didn't sink in until today; seeing the base interior was like......uhhhhh, no. I added an updated build code in my last post.
This is pretty much how Porsche gets you and something I also don't like Porsche for. Screw those Rennlist ppl who says otherwise.

The interior trim thing would need to change unless you are okay with the soft base plastic thing. It is sadly just one of those "Yeah... Porsche" crap. I have complained about it myself but there isn't much you can do. GTS trims and up generally give you leather dashes and what not by default but anything below them don't. You need to option it in... even for a 110k+ car.

My view when it comes to cars like this, is also what I spoke about with my GSM too. It is along the lines of, "I know I can slim down the price of the GT4. It is easy, I absolutely know how to but I also know, this is probably going to be it for me when it comes to my personal car. I won't change again. GT4 RS is tempting but it is also going to be at least 130k MSRP without options... added in options it is going to be above what I am capable of paying (and not to mention into GT3 territory). If I am going to keep it, I prefer just getting everything I want in it, pay a bit more instead of regret not getting it."

When it comes to most Porsches, 911 or 718, I have the view point of not modding the car almost at all. Wheels is about it really if you don't track. They aren't Ms, or AMGs where some modding is kind of needed to bring out the best in the car.

That is why my suggestion has been, if you are able to pay for it, then pay a bit more and do it. Do not have any regrets. I have been hitting myself for not getting ceramics on numerous occasions. That won't happen again on my next car. Even if it is super, SUPER expensive.
Well worded, and I agree. It's better for me to spec this car in a way that will have me having little to no regret(s). I appreciated the suggestion(s) to go to various dealerships to find cars with the options I want(ed) and see them in the real. What I thought I couldn't live without (..e.g...the roof) and what I thought I didn't "need" (...e.g....the full leather dash/doors/etc.) ended up being opposite once I spent two hours in the dealership really dissecting everything. I have become really spoiled by BMW and Porsche refuses to coddle me through this optioning process. Lol!
Appreciate 1
Arcades8174.00
      05-11-2021, 12:33 AM   #7178
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
This state will talk that rhetoric, but they'll never be able to completely ban them.
California will ban ICEs before it repeals Prop 13, which is destroying the state.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 12:44 AM   #7179
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well worded, and I agree. It's better for me to spec this car in a way that will have me having little to no regret(s). I appreciated the suggestion(s) to go to various dealerships to find cars with the options I want(ed) and see them in the real. What I thought I couldn't live without (..e.g...the roof) and what I thought I didn't "need" (...e.g....the full leather dash/doors/etc.) ended up being opposite once I spent two hours in the dealership really dissecting everything. I have become really spoiled by BMW and Porsche refuses to coddle me through this optioning process. Lol!
Yup.

Especially since Porsche cars costs significantly more than a compared BMW most of the time. Enough customers don't... care enough usually but you should know what you are paying for. Especially if you are going to pay 100k+ over the next few years.

The online web builder isn't always accurate, so it is far better to see things in person and have a very good visual instead of going, "Ehhh maybe."

You can google it too, usually a thread on Rennlist will pop up with your answer. That's how I have done it when I cannot see something in person. Like the whole Deviated Leather Stitching. It tells you and sorta shows you but it doesn't give you a good enough visual, at least it doesn't for me. Seeing pictures online or seeing some in person helps a great deal.
      05-11-2021, 12:50 AM   #7180
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Yeah... this is gonna be a no from me. Kind of sounds like a drawn out brown sound... and not the good kind (RIP EVH)
GERMAN M34181.00
stein_325i25083.00
      05-11-2021, 12:56 AM   #7181
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
California will ban ICEs before it repeals Prop 13, which is destroying the state.
CA politics . The state of bold ideas and no way to pay for them - no action that really matters. Well, I lied, plenty of action when it comes to slapping on another arbitrary tax to fill the endless pit of projects and initiatives that will never see the light of day. I love this place, I truly do, but the way we handle policy truly boggles my mind sometimes.
Sedan_Clan25085.00
CT_M31478.00
      05-11-2021, 12:57 AM   #7182
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post

Yeah... this is gonna be a no from me. Kind of sounds like a drawn out brown sound... and not the good kind (RIP EVH)
dafaq?

This is just as bad as the silly video Ford threw out for their Mach-E.
RugbyBro7601.50
GERMAN M34181.00
stein_325i25083.00
      05-11-2021, 01:07 AM   #7183
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
CA politics . The state of bold ideas and no way to pay for them - no action that really matters. Well, I lied, plenty of action when it comes to slapping on another arbitrary tax to fill the endless pit of projects and initiatives that will never see the light of day. I love this place, I truly do, but the way we handle policy truly boggles my mind sometimes.
Agreed! All talk and very little walk. We were supposed to have a bullet train by now. Yeah, we see how that went. The taxation is ridiculous.
Appreciate 3
RugbyBro7601.50
Arcades8174.00
      05-11-2021, 01:51 AM   #7184
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Agreed! All talk and very little walk. We were supposed to have a bullet train by now. Yeah, we see how that went. The taxation is ridiculous.
lol.

My gf told me she tried that once. Thought the long hours to get to San Jose was some other reason (she's Korean).

Well guess what, she found out the hard way why it takes so long. I also told her that, I can drive faster than that thing and I'm not even speeding. Er, in the technical sense that 75 isn't speeding.

Seeing that thing roll sloowly down the 10 freeway makes me sad. Compared to the Japanese bullet train. Heck, I take the subway in Taipei over that thing.
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      05-11-2021, 01:54 AM   #7185
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
lol.

My gf told me she tried that once. Thought the long hours to get to San Jose was some other reason (she's Korean).

Well guess what, she found out the hard way why it takes so long. I also told her that, I can drive faster than that thing and I'm not even speeding. Er, in the technical sense that 75 isn't speeding.

Seeing that thing roll sloowly down the 10 freeway makes me sad. Compared to the Japanese bullet train. Heck, I take the subway in Taipei over that thing.
I would rather drive and pay for Fastrak than take that thing. Lol!
Appreciate 1
Arcades8174.00
      05-11-2021, 04:16 AM   #7186
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

BMW is really pushing the hideous grilles in South Korea.

Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      05-11-2021, 04:39 AM   #7187
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLow78 View Post

Lol BMW went as far as to create "Kidney Road".

S. Koreans have a keen sense of aesthetic. I can see why BMW is trying so hard to get them on board. Alas, I think their efforts are likely to be futile... kidney road or not 🤪
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      05-11-2021, 06:06 AM   #7188
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

That color on the M3 looks good.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 06:40 AM   #7189
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Quote:
Quote:

That color on the M3 looks good.
That's about the only positive which isn't saying much
Appreciate 4
stein_325i25083.00
The_Werm212.00
GrussGott18179.00
      05-11-2021, 06:40 AM   #7190
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:

The G22 with the chrome nostrils, fuck me sideways. Reminds of the lads who retrofit single frame grilles on their old Audis. Literally looks like they just bought the front end off of eBay and glued the shit on at the last minute. It does not look better in person. Nor does the rest of the car.

Kidney Road more like Kidney Stones.

The M3 is lucky they got rid of the bezels around the kidneys and that it sort of, kind of, maybe helps blend them in on darker-coloured cars like the TB above.
      05-11-2021, 07:19 AM   #7191
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
P.S. Why does the Turbo/Turbo S look so much wider than the Carrera S?!?!
Because it is

By 48mm or 1.9". As I posted previously, the Turbo models are the only ones getting the 992 "wide body" for now.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      05-11-2021, 08:07 AM   #7192
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Because it is

By 48mm or 1.9". As I posted previously, the Turbo models are the only ones getting the 992 "wide body" for now.
I thought I read when the 992 came out that they were all on a wide body platform and there was no narrower body...just not apparently a wider wide body?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      05-11-2021, 08:10 AM   #7193
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
P.S. Why does the Turbo/Turbo S look so much wider than the Carrera S?!?!
Because it is

I just didn't expect it to be so visually apparent. The Turbo S is sexy!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Because it is

I thought I read when the 992 came out that they were all on a wide body platform and there was no narrower body...just not apparently a wider wide body?
That's what I thought too, until I saw them next to each other. The Turbo/Turbo S makes the Carrera S look tiny in comparison.
Appreciate 2
Fugly M35071.00
CanAutM321116.50
      05-11-2021, 08:15 AM   #7194
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
I guess it’s a question of semantics. For me, there’s a standard body and a wide body. More logical to me than a wide body and wider wide body . And traditionally that’s how it has been with the 911, Carrera with a standard body, turbo wide body that eventually gets used on other variants. From what I gather, the 991 was a bit different with three body widths.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
Fugly M35071.00