GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

10-21-2015, 06:33 PM   #89
jeebus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
whoa, sudden loss of EPS must have been a nasty surprise

the car I used had a judder in the steering >80mph, blamed on loose wheel weight. Those cars have a hard life...

Makes sense we'd find the cooling system limit at some point. Seems like a non issue for individual owners though (i.e. Gearhead completed Ontario 1500 with no issues, and no individual owners have reported cooling issues at their track days)
Yeah, the driver was so confused by it at the time that he didn't know what to say. Adrenaline had him stumped.

But I still think the cars are very capable and I totally agree that the perf center cars (especially in the desert) live a very hard life.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2015, 05:06 PM   #90
heckyeahbro69
Captain
Rep
Drives: m3

I decided to temp the intercooler today after a session on track. 20 minutes in about 87* ambient temps at Daytona. Immediately off track the intercooler was 91-92*