proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #309
M4GTS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
31
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: X3 M40d, 718 GT4
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe, for a while...

iTrader: (1)

Have kid on the way? Quickly get Cayman order in and augment with diesel 3 series.

:-)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 03:00 AM   #310
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
868
Rep
1,540
Posts

Drives: HP4C, M2 LBB MT, 718GT4 maybe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Well.......yesterday the magic moment;


Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 08:31 PM   #311
mister2d
Captain
145
Rep
609
Posts

Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
Well.......yesterday the magic moment;


Didn't it feel good?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #312
03///m3
First Lieutenant
28
Rep
356
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo
Well.......yesterday the magic moment;


Unbelievable. By far my favorite car under 130k (gt3) if I could have 2 cars. Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #313
bclk55
Private First Class
25
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: 14 X5 35D, 15 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (1)

Just picked mine up two weeks ago. I came from a F10 M5 and 991 Carrera S. So far this car is awesome. Very nimble and incredibly balance. Here is a couple snap shots.







Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #314
/// M sa
Major
/// M sa's Avatar
229
Rep
1,420
Posts

Drives: F80 MG
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Delmarva

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclk55 View Post
Just picked mine up two weeks ago. I came from a F10 M5 and 991 Carrera S. So far this car is awesome. Very nimble and incredibly balance. Here is a couple snap shots.







Freaking sexy man congrats bro maybe next year as a weekend car next to my F80 m3 in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #315
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
868
Rep
1,540
Posts

Drives: HP4C, M2 LBB MT, 718GT4 maybe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

I do like the GTS very much, exterior it`s pure sex, interior nice, sound is magic.

Some minor comments;

1 I do feel the beautiful alcantara steering wheel is somewhat thin, certainly compared too the massive 1M steering wheel which IMHO feels better

2 The lumbar support from the sports + seats could be a little bit better IMHO

3 I`m used to the fantastic BMW iDrive system, which operates quick and save, now for the Porker there are way too many buttons, you have to make too much operations for just simple adjustments or getting the info you want.

4 The initial steering impuls on the 1M seems quicker than the Porker

I know these are complaints like 1st world problems, but there is a difference, and I will tell like it is.

Bothe cars, 1M and GTS, are just beautiful on there own way and have different character, I like them both
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #316
dhoggm3
Major
dhoggm3's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
1,193
Posts

Drives: E93SC M3, F430, R8 5.2, E63
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA

iTrader: (1)

Stop moaning about price. Just get a 1 year old CPO 981 S like I did and enjoy! It's silky smooth, power doesn't come on until over 4K rpm, it plows like a pig under power exiting a corner, but it's a thoroughly enjoyable driving experience. Very un-BMW-like, but very refined and engaging nonetheless.
__________________

Never leave a car completely stock!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 01:07 AM   #317
pkimM3r
Banned
pkimM3r's Avatar
163
Rep
7,304
Posts

Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo
Well.......yesterday the magic moment;


dude that car looks so badass
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #318
ridin135
Colonel
103
Rep
2,406
Posts

Drives: Depends on the day
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Greenville

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclk55 View Post
Just picked mine up two weeks ago. I came from a F10 M5 and 991 Carrera S. So far this car is awesome. Very nimble and incredibly balance. Here is a couple snap shots.







Would love to hear your comments of the gts against the 991s. Thinking about making the same move.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #319
Brosef
Brigadier General
Brosef's Avatar
United_States
835
Rep
3,418
Posts

Drives: GT4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
I do like the GTS very much, exterior it`s pure sex, interior nice, sound is magic.

Some minor comments;

1 I do feel the beautiful alcantara steering wheel is somewhat thin, certainly compared too the massive 1M steering wheel which IMHO feels better

2 The lumbar support from the sports + seats could be a little bit better IMHO

3 I`m used to the fantastic BMW iDrive system, which operates quick and save, now for the Porker there are way too many buttons, you have to make too much operations for just simple adjustments or getting the info you want.

4 The initial steering impuls on the 1M seems quicker than the Porker

I know these are complaints like 1st world problems, but there is a difference, and I will tell like it is.

Bothe cars, 1M and GTS, are just beautiful on there own way and have different character, I like them both
your GTS looks amazing (especially the PCCB's ). congrats
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #320
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
868
Rep
1,540
Posts

Drives: HP4C, M2 LBB MT, 718GT4 maybe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
your GTS looks amazing (especially the PCCB's ). congrats
Thank you !

The Sapphire Blue, with the Yellow PCCP Calipers, Yellow seat belts and Yellow license plates makes it a perfect looking car IMHO
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #321
SupremePower3335
First Lieutenant
Canada
24
Rep
378
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 LCI MSport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: T Dot!

iTrader: (0)

the Cayman GTS is a really nice car but as Nick Murray has said it can get a bit "tedious" I suspect driving it long distances...I am cross shopping both of these..while the Cayman is a pure sports car but the ///M has all that plus speed and the toys. For instance Bluetooth/iPod usb music integration - this is a addon on the Cayman but stock in the M, not to mention HUD. Overall I would save $10k+ at least in Canada hence the reason I'm considering it..

PS I do think the screen for the Cayman is in the right place..not sure about the iPad type screens in the bimmers..I personally like the double hump in my e90.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #322
mithiral67
That guy
mithiral67's Avatar
94
Rep
5,741
Posts

Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremePower3335 View Post
the Cayman GTS is a really nice car but as Nick Murray has said it can get a bit "tedious" I suspect driving it long distances...I am cross shopping both of these..while the Cayman is a pure sports car but the ///M has all that plus speed and the toys. For instance Bluetooth/iPod usb music integration - this is a addon on the Cayman but stock in the M, not to mention HUD. Overall I would save $10k+ at least in Canada hence the reason I'm considering it..

PS I do think the screen for the Cayman is in the right place..not sure about the iPad type screens in the bimmers..I personally like the double hump in my e90.
The longest I have gone in my gts was 90 mins in stop and go traffic, but it wasn't "tedious" Ass never got sore and the pdk was smooth at low speeds.
__________________
2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob - Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #323
SupremePower3335
First Lieutenant
Canada
24
Rep
378
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 LCI MSport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: T Dot!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
The longest I have gone in my gts was 90 mins in stop and go traffic, but it wasn't "tedious" Ass never got sore and the pdk was smooth at low speeds.
Like I said I dont have any real world experience but thx for clarifying.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #324
bclk55
Private First Class
25
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: 14 X5 35D, 15 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
Would love to hear your comments of the gts against the 991s. Thinking about making the same move.
The 991s is a great car. Its fast, handles great, and sounds good too. But one thing that was bugging me was that it didn't feel like a true sports car. It has gotten bigger, longer, and more practical for a daily GT car.

Now for the Cayman GTS, handling is amazing, I noticed that the car is more balance, it felt tighter, and more nimble, the car felt small compared to the 991s. The GTS is slower than the 991s below 4,000 rpm, but after that it pulls pretty hard. Sound wise the GTS is louder, probably since the engine sits right behind the driver's seat. I love the sound of the GTS, the pop, crackles are more pronounced, and its pretty addicting. The GTS felt more raw, and gives me a more visceral experience. You can't go wrong with any of these cars. The best thing to do is test drive the GTS and see what suits you best.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 09:01 PM   #325
FTS
2015 DE Championship Contender
FTS's Avatar
United_States
307
Rep
1,118
Posts

Drives: F82
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Some new info: Apparently the new club sport seats will be available for order for the GT3/RS starting November, which probably also means they will be available for the GTS as well
__________________
Cheers!
Most fun way to learn to drive your ///M:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1086323
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #326
mithiral67
That guy
mithiral67's Avatar
94
Rep
5,741
Posts

Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
Some new info: Apparently the new club sport seats will be available for order for the GT3/RS starting November, which probably also means they will be available for the GTS as well
Aren't they an $8k option?
__________________
2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob - Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #327
FTS
2015 DE Championship Contender
FTS's Avatar
United_States
307
Rep
1,118
Posts

Drives: F82
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
Aren't they an $8k option?
I am not sure how much they are; when I got my 997 GT3 it was something like $4K option if I remember right.
__________________
Cheers!
Most fun way to learn to drive your ///M:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1086323
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #328
mithiral67
That guy
mithiral67's Avatar
94
Rep
5,741
Posts

Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
I am not sure how much they are; when I got my 997 GT3 it was something like $4K option if I remember right.
4.7k with partial leather and 8.2k for full. Gross.
__________________
2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob - Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #329
SupremePower3335
First Lieutenant
Canada
24
Rep
378
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 LCI MSport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: T Dot!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclk55 View Post
.....Sound wise the GTS is louder, probably since the engine sits right behind the driver's seat. I love the sound of the GTS, the pop, crackles are more pronounced, and its pretty addicting. The GTS felt more raw, and gives me a more visceral experience. You can't go wrong with any of these cars. The best thing to do is test drive the GTS and see what suits you best.
Thx but with the engine right behind you does it ever get too loud?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #330
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
868
Rep
1,540
Posts

Drives: HP4C, M2 LBB MT, 718GT4 maybe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremePower3335 View Post
Thx but with the engine right behind you does it ever get too loud?
No it`s not, certainly not while smooth PDK daily driving it shifts very quickly and RPM`s are kept low, although the engine sound can change instantaneously by WOT.
Then it becomes a kind of Dr Jekyll vs Mr Hide.....

Anyway; the sound will not disappoint, no matter how you`ll drive the GTS, no matter the settings.......
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw m3, 2014 bmw m3 horsepower, 2014 bmw m3 specs, 2014 bmw m4 horsepower, 2014 bmw m4 specs, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 engine, 2014 m3 forum, 2014 m3 horsepower, 2014 m3 hp, 2014 m3 specs, 2014 m3 weight, 2014 m4 engine, 2014 m4 horsepower, 2014 m4 hp, 2014 m4 specs, 2014 m4 weight, 2015 bmw m3, 2015 bmw m3 specs, 2015 bmw m4, 2015 bmw m4 specs, 2015 m3, 2015 m3 engine, 2015 m3 specs, 2015 m4, 2015 m4 engine, 2015 m4 hp, 2015 m4 specs, 2015 m4 weight, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 s55, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f82 m4 s55, bmw f82 m4 video, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m3 forum, bmw m3 forums, bmw m3 s55, bmw m3 s55 engine, bmw m4, bmw m4 coupe, bmw m4 coupe forum, bmw m4 forum, bmw m4 forums, bmw m4 horsepower, bmw m4 hp, bmw m4 redline, bmw m4 rev limit, bmw m4 rev limiter, bmw m4 weight, f80 m3, f82 m4

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST