Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

02-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #23
LukeM15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lowyellow View Post
I definitely recommend Emmanuel springs. I have had them for a few months and i could not be happier. They feel very similar to stock and i have had no issues with noise or reliability. The best part is the drop. They stance on the car is nearly perfect! I never rub at all either.

One of my friends who had swift springs on his car rode in mine and said the ride felt much better.
Man this looks good...I think I'm leaning towards Emmanuel too. Any more pics? What spacers are you running.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #24
M3lowyellow
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW ZCP F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3lowyellow View Post
I definitely recommend Emmanuel springs. I have had them for a few months and i could not be happier. They feel very similar to stock and i have had no issues with noise or reliability. The best part is the drop. They stance on the car is nearly perfect! I never rub at all either.

One of my friends who had swift springs on his car rode in mine and said the ride felt much better.
Man this looks good...I think I'm leaning towards Emmanuel too. Any more pics? What spacers are you running.
Go with emmanuele, you wont be disappointed. Ive met the owner and the quality of their product is great.

Im currently running 12mm spacers front and rear. The spacers along with the springs make the car sit perfectly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
x.shell6578.50
      02-03-2017, 03:29 PM   #25
rjtakesphotos
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: F8X

Here are a few more customers with ED springs on their F80's!

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 03:42 PM   #26
bzoo
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 Comp Pack

They look Great. Do you know what size spacers the gold one is on? Also is the gold using the spacer that comes with it?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #27
rjtakesphotos
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: F8X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzoo View Post
They look Great. Do you know what size spacers the gold one is on? Also is the gold using the spacer that comes with it?
He did not have any spacers on at that time. Yes, he was using the rear spacer pads that are included with the springs.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #28
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtakesphotos View Post
[/IMG]
Seeing these gets me excited to put them on! I just got them yesterday and props on the packaging guys! Not only was each spring individually wrapped and protected, the box also looked very fancy as it should for a high-quality product.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 06:05 PM   #29
bzoo
Private
Rep

Post pics after you install and I love to hear your thoughts on the ride?
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2017, 11:48 PM   #30
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtakesphotos View Post
Man, that is a significant drop in the front for just a spring swap. I'm sure they "feel" great at city street speeds, but this would not be the route I'd take.

Softer spring rates than MS or Swift, bigger drop, and stock dampers. No thanks. :
Appreciate 2
M4_GTS1152.50
m4282118.50
      02-04-2017, 12:39 AM   #31
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
Man, that is a significant drop in the front for just a spring swap. I'm sure they "feel" great at city street speeds, but this would not be the route I'd take.

Softer spring rates than MS or Swift, bigger drop, and stock dampers. No thanks. :

I agree, they might feel good now, but most likely the stock struts wont last long. I wonder where or who makes and design these springs, pretty sure they don't have the means for in house manufacturing.

I would stick to the company that design and manufacture springs and have a some sort of history in motorsports to be sure its a tried and tested product.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #32
1FastS4
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S3 & 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
I agree, they might feel good now, but most likely the stock struts wont last long. I wonder where or who makes and design these springs, pretty sure they don't have the means for in house manufacturing.

I would stick to the company that design and manufacture springs and have a some sort of history in motorsports to be sure its a tried and tested product.
Personally, I prefer something that feels good now as opposed to something that feels like crap from day one. From my understanding, the fact that these are a linear design (like stock) is something that makes them much easier to dampen. With the rates also being only a moderate increase over stock, I would imagine that these would actually play better with the factory stocks/struts than other options.

For me personally, I use my car for daily driving and these work great for that. If I was concerned with motorsports performance, I would go with a Clubsport or similar.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #33
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzoo View Post
Hi there all,
I'm having the hardest time deciding which Springs to get? I've narrowed it down to Swift Or Emmanuel. I have 2017 M3 Comp package. I'm looking to try get as close to OEM ride so it's just for looks more than anything else. I know there is info on both but I thought I throw it out there and see if anyone has any experience with both or any thoughts would be appreciated? Thank you everyone!
Hey mate,

Did you end up going Emmanuel springs? I am after the same out come as you are! Lowered look with OEM ride quality!

What are your thoughts on the springs?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 12:25 AM   #34
bzoo
Private
Rep

I'm still on the fence. I'm not sure if the front is too low for MA roads. Right now I'm leaning towards taking the plunge and getting them!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 02:57 PM   #35
mray
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GLC63AMGs, Mclaren 570s

I have Emanuel Design Springs and they ride very similar to stock, they are lower than other springs but I prefer the way it looks. Here is a not so great pic from the other day..
No spacers installed..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #36
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastS4 View Post
Personally, I prefer something that feels good now as opposed to something that feels like crap from day one. From my understanding, the fact that these are a linear design (like stock) is something that makes them much easier to dampen. With the rates also being only a moderate increase over stock, I would imagine that these would actually play better with the factory stocks/struts than other options.

For me personally, I use my car for daily driving and these work great for that. If I was concerned with motorsports performance, I would go with a Clubsport or similar.
Swift are linear rate as well. They do have dead coils at the bottom but they don't move and are touching with load.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #37
bzoo
Private
Rep

Thanks for the pic Mray. That looks like it's slammed! Can you share a few more pics please?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #38
LukeM15
Captain
United_States
Rep

I am definitely leaning towards Emmanuel for my ZCP M3
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 07:48 PM   #39
LukeM15
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
I have Emanuel Design Springs and they ride very similar to stock, they are lower than other springs but I prefer the way it looks. Here is a not so great pic from the other day..
No spacers installed..
Man this is what I'm after. Any more pics pls
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 08:05 PM   #40
exia_m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP MW/SO

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
I went with Swift I don't even think sport plus is that firm.
ED give the most drop upfront and a slight rake.

@drivingwithbenny
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #41
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

There is no way dropping the car by 1" or more with stock shocks and keeping the oem ride quality...just not possible.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #42
mray
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GLC63AMGs, Mclaren 570s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurka View Post
There is no way dropping the car by 1" or more with stock shocks and keeping the oem ride quality...just not possible.
I understand why you might say that, but other than the fact that it sits lower and you have to watch curbs, the ride is very similar to stock. May be 10% stiffer if that.. but again this is a subjective opinion. My wife and kids did not notice the difference.
Saying that, you do have to slow down on road bumps, train tracks and drive ways etc..
Also one thing I noted is the bumpy ride generally associated with lowering springs where the whole car moves up and down at normal speeds is not there. In fact I totally went in to this feeling that if I didn't like the ride, I would with back to stock or go to Dinan HAS, so far I am sticking with these springs..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 03:06 AM   #43
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Swift Springs + ZCP EDC setting coded in is all you need! Perfect ride height and great on street/track. Loved these springs on my E9x, and now on the F8x as well.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg-1.jpeg
Views: 2664
Size:  837.9 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg
Views: 2785
Size:  854.3 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpeg
Views: 3030
Size:  431.5 KB

JD
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-08-2017, 10:30 PM   #44
lewz4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: shopping cart

I had Swifts on my non comp package M4 and I loved them! They offered a nice drop without sacrificing too much ride quality. I have adaptive suspension, so I usually drove around in Sport and it was perfect for me, however, I did not like how there was still a pretty big wheel gap, especially in the front. So, I switched to the Emmanuel springs. The ED springs offered a much better drop so the wheel gap was even less visible, but sacrificed quite a bit more ride quality. Ride is firmer, but feels a lot more planted, which is great, but instead i am driving around in Comfort.

If you drive others around a lot, especially in an M3, I would recommend the Swifts instead. The ride with the ED are going to be pretty brutal, especially for anyone in the back. If anyone wants any more details or has any questions let me know, I'll be glad to help out! and I hope this helps with people's decisions

top pic is with Swift, and bottom is with Emmanuel Design
Attached Images

Last edited by lewz4; 02-08-2017 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: pictures
Appreciate 3