EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

07-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #89
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80NJM3 View Post
Wow - This is unreal. No call back. My texts were "Read" and clearly disregarded. At the bank taking care of things on my end. Done with this shit.
Glad you are getting it settled. Protect yourself. You should be able to reverse and dispute the charge through the bank no problem and it will be up to Morr to get the money back. They havent given you anything and their lack of communication is a clear display of bad faith so it should be an easy win for you.
Appreciate 2
      07-14-2015, 05:18 PM   #90
AHI
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3 View Post
Why did this turn into a Velos thread? I don't know

I've done tons of transactions with the guys at Velos and nothing but positive experiences here. Customer service and communication are just outstanding. I keep coming back to these guys for a reason everytime I need anything. My .02
Correct, you are just re-iterating my point.
2012 E63 PP/LSD/CCB (Eurocharged Stage 2)
1950 Chevy 3100 Bagged Ratrod
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 05:22 PM   #91
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Sorry for the headache OP. Hopefully Morr will make this right.
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #92
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHI View Post
And just for the record, we've done about 15 sets with VelosDesignwerks, and their communication skills are the best we've ever encountered, and have never been late on any set of wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHI View Post
Correct, you are just re-iterating my point.
You brought them up not me, your just in here plugging.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #93
AHI
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
I'm not plugging, i'm just giving an example. And I am also a victim of the company we're talking about, so I belong on this thread more than you do. And you are the one making ridiculous statements about companies not making their own product.

People on this thread are bashing small wheel companies, because they don't make their own product, all because one douche bag goes belly up.

I gave Velos, and InCurve as an example of companies that provide great product, without any issues. it was not a plug. Just defending wheel companies.

In any case, OP, if you need my help, please PM me and I may be able to help in other ways. Let me know what your CC says.
2012 E63 PP/LSD/CCB (Eurocharged Stage 2)
1950 Chevy 3100 Bagged Ratrod
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 05:42 PM   #94
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHI
Quote:
I'm not plugging, i'm just giving an example. And I am also a victim of the company we're talking about, so I belong on this thread more than you do. And you are the one making ridiculous statements about companies not making their own product.

People on this thread are bashing small wheel companies, because they don't make their own product, all because one douche bag goes belly up.

I gave Velos, and InCurve as an example of companies that provide great product, without any issues. it was not a plug. Just defending wheel companies.

In any case, OP, if you need my help, please PM me and I may be able to help in other ways. Let me know what your CC says.
They provide the same product! they all use the same manufacture, why is that not sinking in with you? They don't make their products. I know where all these Miami wheel company offices are they are all tiny they don't own machine equipment.

How can you fully stand behind a product if you dont manufacture it ?

MIDDLEMEN

Last edited by Tonymiabmw; 07-16-2015 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #95
F80NJM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTalent
Sorry for the headache OP. Hopefully Morr will make this right.
Morr doesn't seem interested to make this right. Carlos never got back to me and I was very clear in my request for my money back. It didn't have to turn into this. Unless you're tanking your company on purpose, but then again, who in their right mind does that.
Bank is taking care of the matter now.
      07-14-2015, 06:37 PM   #96
Dan Halen
Sheetrock Intl.
Rep
Drives: E92, R6 SBK, etc, etc..

Would seem that way- just closin it down in a very unscrupulous way.
What a bunch of BS- sorry that you have to deal with this. What a headache dealing with thieves!!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 09:01 PM   #97
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
They provide the same product! they all use the same manufacture, why is that not sinking in with you? They don't make their products. I know where all these Miami wheel company offices are they are all tiny they don't own machine equipment.

How can you fully stand behind a product you dont manufacture it?

MIDDLEMEN
I bet more than 50% of everything you buy is from "middlemen". A good company will carefully choose suppliers based on their manufacturing process, their quality, reliability, etc. There is NOTHING to suggest that buying from a company that doesn't manufacturer their own product either compromises quality or price... at least it doesn't have to in a well run company.

I think you are being idealistic simply to prove to point... manufacturing is becoming more and more concentrated (and largely outside of NA) and a lot of what we buy is through middlemen. IMO, so what! As long as the company we buy from is reputable themselves and have a carefully selected and managed relationship with the manufacturer, you can get every bit the same quality and service as if it was made in-house. What we see with Morr is a poorly managed company with little in the way in controls over their own business, let alone properly managing their suppliers.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 4
      07-14-2015, 09:09 PM   #98
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal
Quote:

How can you fully stand behind a product you dont manufacture it?

MIDDLEMEN
I bet more than 50% of everything you buy is from "middlemen". A good company carefully chooses a supplier based on their manufacturing process, their quality, reliability, etc.

I think you are being idealistic simply to prove to point... manufacturing is becoming more and more concentrated (and largely outside of NA) and a lot of what we buy is through middlemen. IMO, so what! As long as the company we buy from is reputable themselves and have a carefully selected and managed relationship with the manufacturer, you can get every bit the same quality and service as if it was made in-house. What we see with Morr is a poorly managed company with little in the way in controls over their own business, let alone properly managing their suppliers.
Then why is one wheel better than another if they all come from the same place? Why even take the chance? So many people have got burned by these middleman wheel companies. Why not buy something you know isn't gonna be trash in 4 or 5 years. At least you have some sort of resale value. If Morr is going under its not just the people that have wheels on ordered getting burned. It's the people that own them currently. because they will not be worth anything On the resale market. Why not buy BBS/VOLK/HRE that's manufactured at a much higher standard and you know is gonna be around in the distant future. You talk about these companies like they are big? Like I said before they small 3 cubical offices ordering and posting pics on Instagram and Facebook. If you wanna spend your hard earned money on some whackforged.1 wheels. Go for it. I've been burned twice. I've had throw throw away two sets of wheels because no one would buy a product second hand. From a company not in business.

Last edited by Tonymiabmw; 07-14-2015 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 09:15 PM   #99
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Well this thread went all squirrelly.......
      07-14-2015, 09:19 PM   #100
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Then why is one wheel better than another if they all come from the same place? Why even take the chance? So many people have got burned by these middleman wheel companies. Why not buy something you know isn't gonna be trash in 4 or 5 years. At least you have some sort of resale value. If Morr is going under its not just the people that have wheels on ordered getting burned. It's the people that own them currently. because they will not be worth anything On the resale market. Why not buy BBS/VOLK/HRE that's manufactured at a much higher standard and you know is gonna be around in the distant future. You talk about these companies like they are big? Like I said before they small 3 cubical offices ordering and posting pics on Instagram and Facebook. If you wanna spend your hard earned money on some whackforged.1 wheels go for it. I've been burned twice and had throw throw away two sets of wheels.
Some good points... however...

Wheel companies tend to be smaller, fly-by-night shops. Hence more issues. In terms of quality, many manufacturers will build to quality specs as required by the "middleman". They can make something lower quality and cheap or higher quality and more expensive depending on what the vendor specs.

All I'm saying is you can not judge all companies that are "middlemen" (most companies today) based on a few, small, poorly run, under financed, fly-by-night wheel companies. You are making broad based judgements based on limited and incomplete info and a smaller group of companies
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #101
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal
Quote:
Then why is one wheel better than another if they all come from the same place? Why even take the chance? So many people have got burned by these middleman wheel companies. Why not buy something you know isn't gonna be trash in 4 or 5 years. At least you have some sort of resale value. If Morr is going under its not just the people that have wheels on ordered getting burned. It's the people that own them currently. because they will not be worth anything On the resale market. Why not buy BBS/VOLK/HRE that's manufactured at a much higher standard and you know is gonna be around in the distant future. You talk about these companies like they are big? Like I said before they small 3 cubical offices ordering and posting pics on Instagram and Facebook. If you wanna spend your hard earned money on some whackforged.1 wheels go for it. I've been burned twice and had throw throw away two sets of wheels.
Some good points... however...

Wheel companies tend to be smaller, fly-by-night shops. Hence more issues. In terms of quality, many manufacturers will build to quality specs as required by the "middleman". They can make something lower quality and cheap or higher quality and more expensive depending on what the vendor specs.

All I'm saying is you can not judge all companies that are "middlemen" (most companies today) based on a few, small, poorly run, under financed, fly-by-night wheel companies. You are making broad based judgements based on limited and incomplete info and a smaller group of companies
I'm judging them, I'm saying why even take the risk and buy them? That's all. I've throw a set of DPE and 360forged wheels in the trash! I couldn't even get 300$ for them, I tried. Now Morr owners will suffer the same fate. Why even take the risk?

Last edited by Tonymiabmw; 07-16-2015 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 09:51 PM   #102
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Then why is one wheel better than another if they all come from the same place? Why even take the chance? So many people have got burned by these middleman wheel companies. Why not buy something you know isn't gonna be trash in 4 or 5 years. At least you have some sort of resale value. If Morr is going under its not just the people that have wheels on ordered getting burned. It's the people that own them currently. because they will not be worth anything On the resale market. Why not buy BBS/VOLK/HRE that's manufactured at a much higher standard and you know is gonna be around in the distant future. You talk about these companies like they are big? Like I said before they small 3 cubical offices ordering and posting pics on Instagram and Facebook. If you wanna spend your hard earned money on some whackforged.1 wheels go for it. I've been burned twice and had throw throw away two sets of wheels cause no one will buy a product second hand with the company not around.
Agree 100%. I don't understand why people continue to give their hard earned money to some of these fly-by-night wheel companies. For instance ADV.1 is a basically a professional forum spammer. Their offices are in South Florida, while their wheels are made across the country in Southern California by MHT. Ex crooked 360forged owner Jordan designs ADV.1 wheels. MHT had him design a DUB.1 wheel line, that is sold by MHT. Look at the wheels, they look similar for a reason. Funny part is, they are half the cost(same facilities, same designer). Makes me puke to see the money they are getting for their ADV.1 wheels, while there are legit wheel companies out there like BBS/HRE/VOLK/CCW/Forgeline...
Appreciate 3
      07-14-2015, 11:19 PM   #103
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Then why is one wheel better than another if they all come from the same place?
I am not going to get into a forum war but just to be clear if someone were to design their own wheel, send the file to HRE, and have them manufacture a set this would not necessarily yield a good wheel. Anyone with a legit forging, a cnc machine, and a solid well engineered design can provide a strong wheel. Its not rocket science.

Most companies outsource anywhere from 100% to 0%. Today most companies outsource something whether it be manufacturing, marketing...

I've sold a good amount of wheels here. Is this my only business? No. Am I a one man shop? Well it depends on how you look at it. I outsource portions of my day to day business to minimize or eliminate pay roll issues, insurance, driving, shipping, etc. This helps me dedicate time to my customers and my other responsibilities.

So Wheel Addicts:

Small - Yes
Does every customer have my personal number - Yes
Have some experienced delays - Yes
Has anyone ever lost a penny - No

Who cares how big a company is? What matters is if they deliver as promised. Big companies shut down, get bought out, screw people every day several times a day, etc. If you do a good job a small one can get big...HRE, for example. At one time they would have fit your "small = crap" category.

Hell didnt you work for a Miami wheel company? Don't you take a lot of these photos for the Miami wheel companies? Didn't you recently shoot my car for a Miami wheel company?

I know what your response will be to this, however, you can talk crap about all my companies. What matters is when you do a search you will never find anyone who has been wronged by any of them.

Sorry for taking it personally, but I am small, I am in Miami, and I dont like people generalizing companies based on geographic location or size.

Before you throw it out there as well...Forged 1 Wheels...Yes thats mine also...Yes its small...No we have never screwed anyone...No we have not had ONE wheel failure...Yes we have had delays...Yes they are built in Miami...Yes I went to clubs in the past...Yes I know you will find a way to trash me now or in the future...No I dont care because results are what matter to me.

BTW when are we shooting the M4 again
Appreciate 5
      07-14-2015, 11:26 PM   #104
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
360forged
Didn't you work for Jordan when he owned 360 at some point (sales and pictures)???

Quote:
So many people have got burned by these middleman wheel companies. Why not buy something you know isn't gonna be trash in 4 or 5 years.
So you take pictures so that Miami wheel companies can promote their product. Then, you come here to tell people they shouldn't buy them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 11:27 PM   #105
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdicts
Quote:
360forged
Didn't you work for Jordan when he owned 360 at some point (sales and pictures)???

Quote:
So many people have got burned by these middleman wheel companies. Why not buy something you know isn't gonna be trash in 4 or 5 years.
So you take pictures so that Miami wheel companies can promote their product. Then, you come here to tell people they shouldn't buy them.
Never worked for a wheel company ever. I take pics for fun and have a website. Shoot car meets and friend cars. Go to the website, it's all event pictures

Last edited by Tonymiabmw; 07-15-2015 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 11:34 PM   #106
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Never worked for one wheel company ever. I take pics for fun and have a website. Shoot car meets and friend cars. Go to the website, it's all event pictures
I think you meant to say you were never employed by them. You work for them every time they pay you for pictures.

I mean is this not the tony that was at ISS everyday, or the Tony that shot my car last month, or the Tony that has ADV.1 photos on his page...

Nothing wrong with it really JUST that if you are going to talk crap about a company I would think they wouldnt be highlighted on your websites front page. Just seems odd...

Why not replace them with HRE photos???
Attached Images

Last edited by wheeladdicts; 07-15-2015 at 12:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 11:37 PM   #107
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdicts
Quote:
Never worked for one wheel company ever. I take pics for fun and have a website. Shoot car meets and friend cars. Go to the website, it's all event pictures
Ok maybe this is not the tony that was at ISS everyday, or the Tony that shot my car last month, or the Tony that has ADV.1 photos on his page...

Nothing wrong with it really JUST that if you are going to talk crap about a company I would think they wouldnt be highlighted on your websites front page. Just seems odd...

Why not replace them with HRE photos???
Look at the water mark genius. That was my friend that was at an event. We cover events. We don't have to like the wheels to take pictures of the event do we??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 11:50 PM   #108
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdicts View Post
I am not going to get into a forum war but just to be clear if someone were to design their own wheel, send the file to HRE, and have them manufacture a set this would not necessarily yield a good wheel. Anyone with a legit forging, a cnc machine, and a solid well engineered design can provide a strong wheel. Its not rocket science.

Most companies outsource anywhere from 100% to 0%. Today most companies outsource something whether it be manufacturing, marketing...

I've sold a good amount of wheels here. Is this my only business? No. Am I a one man shop? Well it depends on how you look at it. I outsource portions of my day to day business to minimize or eliminate pay roll issues, insurance, driving, shipping, etc. This helps me dedicate time to my customers and my other responsibilities.

So Wheel Addicts:

Small - Yes
Does every customer have my personal number - Yes
Have some experienced delays - Yes
Has anyone ever lost a penny - No

Who cares how big a company is? What matters is if they deliver as promised. Big companies shut down, get bought out, screw people every day several times a day, etc. If you do a good job a small one can get big...HRE, for example. At one time they would have fit your "small = crap" category.

Hell didnt you work for a Miami wheel company? Don't you take a lot of these photos for the Miami wheel companies? Didn't you recently shoot my car for a Miami wheel company?

I know what your response will be to this, however, you can talk crap about all my companies. What matters is when you do a search you will never find anyone who has been wronged by any of them.

Sorry for taking it personally, but I am small, I am in Miami, and I dont like people generalizing companies based on geographic location or size.

Before you throw it out there as well...Forged 1 Wheels...Yes thats mine also...Yes its small...No we have never screwed anyone...No we have not had ONE wheel failure...Yes we have had delays...Yes they are built in Miami...Yes I went to clubs in the past...Yes I know you will find a way to trash me now or in the future...No I dont care because results are what matter to me.

BTW when are we shooting the M4 again
You want me to link you to the problems people have had and horrible customer service? You should know this:

360forged
Vossen
ADV.1
and now Morr?
Appreciate 2
      07-14-2015, 11:54 PM   #109
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

If you weren't so verbal about how evil Miami wheel companies are then I could understand. However, it is weird to me that you would let these companies get publicity on your website.

Don't shit where you eat sometimes you end up looking like shit

Look ADV.1 was banned from all forums years ago. The forums didnt like them so the banned them. You dont like them yet you take pictures of them for your site, post others photos of them to your site, etc.

Nice photo by the way but its not a conspiracy. You are just talking crap on the forum then befriending the same people afterwards. I cant keep my mouth shut because your responses affect those you are angry at and those you had no problems with.

Be more specific rather than generalizing everything and misleading members.

Sorry and you are welcome.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 11:58 PM   #110
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You want me to link you to the problems people have had and horrible customer service? You should know this:

360forged
Vossen
ADV.1
and now Morr?
Seriously? Did you even read what I wrote?

To summarize it for you my entire post referred to Wheel Addicts and Forged 1 Wheels. You are grouping all Miami companies into one and in doing so you trash my interests.

Since joining bimmerpost on 10-08-2009 we have had delays, however, all calls/emails get answered, and NO ONE has lost a penny....EVER.
Appreciate 0