Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-05-2016, 07:01 PM   #1
BMW_2014
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT

Ordering 2017 M3 in November!

Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum!

I'm ordering a 2017 BMW M3 this November! I currently drive a 2014 BMW 335i, and absolutely love it with the exception of the automatic transmission... due to an upcoming deployment I had to get a 98% solution meaning loosing my manual transmission...

Well, fast forward 2.25 years and I'm getting ready to pull the plug on a new M3! Timing is going to be tricky, I deploy the end of November, get back early March and BMW only allows a 3-month early release from a lease (~February 17). In essence, knowing that M3's are much tougher to order (less allocations/dealer), my contact in my local dealership and I are going to game the system a bit. Basically, we will order the car first week of November or so, which will allow him to push it back in the list enough to guarantee a first week of March 17 delivery! I'll be picking it up at their performance driving center, then driving the approximate 700 miles back to my house.

As for options, 6-Spd, Competition Package, Full Leather (either Black or Silverstone full leather), Lighting Package and the Executive Package. The only thing I simply can't decide on is the color. Currently I'm between the Alpine White and Mineral Grey and cannot decide between the two!

In any case, any advice is welcomed! I will be leasing this car originally because it's hard to swallow the depreciation of ownership and not being under warranty but may buy the car after (or more probably upgrade to the new M3 afterwards). Have any of you stored your car for months at a time? I deploy often, and will need a way to store it safely. I have a good CTEK Trickle Charger and a 335i cover from Covercraft (should fit?).

In any case, just wanted to introduce myself to the forums! I cannot wait for November so I can finally order this thing, I'm so tired of watching youtube videos of the M3 lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

I'm picking up a Mineral Grey F80 ZCP at the Performance Center on 7/21 - I'll post some pics that may help make up your mind. I considered the same two colors but went for MG since my last 3 cars were white. Can't go wrong either way...

Your plan for timing sounds very doable. As soon as your car is on a boat (give or take a few days), you'll get an email from the PCD thru your CA to arrange timing. From what I recall, they give you a "no earlier than" date but they give you a grace period - you should be good!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #3
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I would say "welcome" but I'm a noob - I hear ya on the F8x YouTube videos...I think they are all marked as "watched" on my side as well...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
BMW_2014
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
I'm picking up a Mineral Grey F80 ZCP at the Performance Center on 7/21 - I'll post some pics that may help make up your mind. I considered the same two colors but went for MG since my last 3 cars were white. Can't go wrong either way...

Your plan for timing sounds very doable. As soon as your car is on a boat (give or take a few days), you'll get an email from the PCD thru your CA to arrange timing. From what I recall, they give you a "no earlier than" date but they give you a grace period - you should be good!
I'd appreciate that man, I've seen a few of the M3 colors, but never MG and AW. I heard AW is the "Classic" M color, and it sure looks good. Then again, I really like the grey... ughhhhh hahaha
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 09:55 PM   #5
NavyBeeker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 SS/SS - 19SepED

Welcome to the forum! What service / specialty may I ask? Retired Navy here... =)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 02:54 AM   #6
rph_gunner
Young Buck
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 SMB M3 ZCP

Just received word from my CA that my euro pick up date is Nov. 2nd, so I'll be bookin my tix soon =D

November 2016 European Delivery Thread:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1357859
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #7
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post

I'd appreciate that man, I've seen a few of the M3 colors, but never MG and AW. I heard AW is the "Classic" M color, and it sure looks good. Then again, I really like the grey... ughhhhh hahaha
I will post some better pics when I get home but here are some crummy iPhone pics of a MG F80 ZCP - I loved it in person!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 08:42 AM   #8
BMW_2014
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBeeker View Post
Welcome to the forum! What service / specialty may I ask? Retired Navy here... =)
Air Force Navigator
Appreciate 0