European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-02-2020, 04:40 PM   #67
Gigaton Punch
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
Will do! Thank you that would be nice!
I would also ask for the CPO inspection report for that specific car.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 04:52 PM   #68
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Did you get the car shipped in an enclosed or open trailer? I wouldn't be surprised if this is from an open trailer.
The dealership had it shipped. It was the last car on the trailer, there was two cars in front of it and one on top. You think from Texas to Florida all of this could have occurred?
Highly doubt that even if it was right behind the trailers wheels and it didn't have mud flaps. Even then you would know as it would be on the far left and right sides of the car and not the center. Can you post the photos that the dealer posted online? Want to see if it was noticeable in the sales photos.

I didn't read the other thread but are they required to disclose that it was a track car?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 05:37 PM   #69
jd__m4
Captain
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Regardless of whether it’s a driving center car or not, I thought they can’t CPO M’s that didn’t have the 1200 mile service?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #70
scoale
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 /M2C/540

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Damn I'm sorry to hear about your troubles OP that blows... If it's any consolation you should be able to just buy new headlight lenses for a couple/few hundred bucks and have someone install them. I would also shop around for other quotes on repainting the front bumper because usually "bmw certified shops" just charge incredibly higher prices because of their certification while in many cases being of worse quality than many other body shops in town. Repainting the front bumper shouldn't cost more than a grand
Agree with this. I'm having front bumper repainted on used F18 I just bought for "less than a grand". OP, your post makes it sound like they were willing to do "something"; I would take it and follow advice from this post. Sounds like you love everything else about the car.
Appreciate 1
HyeM3464.50
      12-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #71
scoale
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 /M2C/540

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
A car with only 6k miles, CCBs and that bad of front end pitting... I'd start to worry about this car being someone's track toy or one of those BMW NA cars that they let customers go out and beat on at the track for a few thousand miles and dump off at a dealership to sell without telling them it's history
Ha! Was thinking same thing when I saw CCBs
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 04:19 PM   #72
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Still haven't heard anything back from the GM..
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-03-2020, 04:40 PM   #73
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

likely not much can be done about this. it was a corporate vehicle... meaning a demo car or given out for track days or to journalists. makes sense that CCBs were on the car if it was being used for that purpose. that is an excessive amount of pitting for such low miles if the car was just used on the road.

I bought my GT3 sight unseen and it was perfect

I bought my M3 from a porsche dealer in texas. the car was clean. i had ppi done, everything checked out. as soon as it came off the truck and i drove it i could hear the ebrake cable slapping the driveshaft. luckily it was a 300-400 dollar fix and now everything is perfect. i asked why this wasn't noticed on ppi and then it just turned into finger pointing between them and shipping company.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #74
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaton Punch View Post
Quote:
Will do! Thank you that would be nice!
I would also ask for the CPO inspection report for that specific car.
Will do I'm going to ask for an internal service report. When I get a hold of them.. that should tell the story if they're not being honest
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-03-2020, 06:29 PM   #75
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
likely not much can be done about this. it was a corporate vehicle... meaning a demo car or given out for track days or to journalists. makes sense that CCBs were on the car if it was being used for that purpose. that is an excessive amount of pitting for such low miles if the car was just used on the road.

I bought my GT3 sight unseen and it was perfect

I bought my M3 from a porsche dealer in texas. the car was clean. i had ppi done, everything checked out. as soon as it came off the truck and i drove it i could hear the ebrake cable slapping the driveshaft. luckily it was a 300-400 dollar fix and now everything is perfect. i asked why this wasn't noticed on ppi and then it just turned into finger pointing between them and shipping company.
So I'm out of luck? They didn't disclose any of it with me.
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #76
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
The sale of M school cars without full disclosure and fair price adjustments is the biggest FRAUD Bmw commits on a daily basis.

For such a great company it's a total management ethics fail.

Makes me feel bad going to those events, paying big money to thrash those cars, knowing all along some poor unsuspecting person is going to get hosed by a scum bag dealership.

Caveat Emptor !!!

Maybe we need a hungry lawyer in this forum to launch a class action lawsuit.

Edit: good news this car does not appear to be PC Track car; lack of disclosure on PC car sales is still an issue
Appreciate 7
c12h231.00
HyeM3464.50
YASBBYM3592.50
arashir164.00
Kingpin4386.50
Kelse921131.50
      12-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #77
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Contact BMW NA and tell them about your entire experience with the dealership. See if they can confirm if the car was a driving center car and ask if they disclosed that to the dealership. In that other thread the person said BMW NA didn't help him out because the dealership disclosed to them in writing that it was some sort of corporate car. But here if they didn't disclose that information anywhere to you then maybe you might have some sort of recourse. It's worth a shot to find out. Also maybe take the car to carmax to see what they'll offer you for it and then try to get the dealer or corporate to pay the difference between what carmax offers and what you paid for the car. Or see if they can give you some crazy long extended warranty on the car
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 07:37 PM   #78
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
The sale of M school cars without full disclosure and fair price adjustments is the biggest FRAUD Bmw commits on a daily basis.

For such a great company they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

Makes me feel bad going to those events, paying big money to thrash those cars, knowing all along some poor unsuspecting person is going to get hosed by a scum bag dealership.

Caveat Emptor !!!

It's pathetic.. not how a dealership should be ran especially if they go out of their way to hide it...
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-03-2020, 07:38 PM   #79
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Did you get the car shipped in an enclosed or open trailer? I wouldn't be surprised if this is from an open trailer.
The dealership had it shipped. It was the last car on the trailer, there was two cars in front of it and one on top. You think from Texas to Florida all of this could have occurred?
Is there damage to the hood? I'm thinking it's now damage from being loaded backwards on the trailer and being subject to road debris flying up for xxxx miles 🤔
Appreciate 2
AIRHEIR443.50
      12-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #80
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Contact BMW NA and tell them about your entire experience with the dealership. See if they can confirm if the car was a driving center car and ask if they disclosed that to the dealership. In that other thread the person said BMW NA didn't help him out because the dealership disclosed to them in writing that it was some sort of corporate car. But here if they didn't disclose that information anywhere to you then maybe you might have some sort of recourse. It's worth a shot to find out. Also maybe take the car to carmax to see what they'll offer you for it and then try to get the dealer or corporate to pay the difference between what carmax offers and what you paid for the car. Or see if they can give you some crazy long extended warranty on the car
I made a case with extremely helpful agent. Who told me since it wasn't a manufacturer issue there's nothing BMW NA can do as of now. But he can do a dealer reach out. Since they haven't been answering me. Friday is the dead line for the dealership to give me a call back or email. Since BMW NA needs 3 days of me the buyer of trying to contact before getting involved. Does that make sense? Feel like I'm stuck..

My documents came in the mail today. I attached the only document where I think they disclosed it but not sure.. could someone clarify.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-03-2020, 07:55 PM   #81
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But he can do a dealer reach out. Since they haven't been answering me. Friday is the dead line for the dealership to give me a call back or email. Since BMW NA needs 3 days of me the buyer of trying to contact before getting involved. Does that make sense? Feel like I'm stuck..

My documents came in the mail today. I attached the only document where I think they disclosed it but not sure..
That makes sense I guess. I still feel like there's something they can do to force the dealership to make things right. I would be stern with them and voice your anger over the entire situation and how they hid the rock chips in general knowing damn well nobody would even contemplate the possibility of a car with only 6k miles having that kind of rock pitting. Don't let them walk all over you. There has to be something they can do for your troubles whether it's compensation or getting you a brand new front fascia.

Regarding that document, that isn't a disclosure. That's just general boilerplate language they use in every contract
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 07:58 PM   #82
IVM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

If you still don't get a satisfactory response by Monday, I would post negative reviews on Google, Facebook, etc. and make it known. No one would ever imagine that kind of funny end damage with only 6k miles. I bought mine with over 45k miles and it is not nearly that bad. Headlights look near perfect though bumper has some damage. Sorry to hear about this, good luck
Appreciate 1
HyeM3464.50
      12-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #83
BGxNYC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I made a case with extremely helpful agent. Who told me since it wasn't a manufacturer issue there's nothing BMW NA can do as of now. But he can do a dealer reach out. Since they haven't been answering me. Friday is the dead line for the dealership to give me a call back or email. Since BMW NA needs 3 days of me the buyer of trying to contact before getting involved. Does that make sense? Feel like I'm stuck..

My documents came in the mail today. I attached the only document where I think they disclosed it but not sure.. could someone clarify.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nah I just signed the same thing. Basically just says MY2015 cars leased/purchased after July '14 with a maintenance program the original buyer got with the vehicle is not transferrable to someone else unless they're part of your household. What's odd is mine said MY2015 AND NEWER. Same crap overall though.
Appreciate 1
YASBBYM3592.50
      12-03-2020, 08:02 PM   #84
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVM3 View Post
If you still don't get a satisfactory response by Monday, I would post negative reviews on Google, Facebook, etc. and make it known. No one would ever imagine that kind of funny end damage with only 6k miles.
^ This x10000. Blast them and make them regret doing you and probably other customers like this.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #85
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post

For such a great company it's a total management ethics fail.

Caveat Emptor !!!

I agree this is all new to me to be honest I've never ever had an experience this confusing and unprofessional..
Appreciate 2
IB M2782.00
BMW335i_111.50
      12-03-2020, 09:50 PM   #86
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
But he can do a dealer reach out. Since they haven't been answering me. Friday is the dead line for the dealership to give me a call back or email. Since BMW NA needs 3 days of me the buyer of trying to contact before getting involved. Does that make sense? Feel like I'm stuck..

My documents came in the mail today. I attached the only document where I think they disclosed it but not sure..
That makes sense I guess. I still feel like there's something they can do to force the dealership to make things right. I would be stern with them and voice your anger over the entire situation and how they hid the rock chips in general knowing damn well nobody would even contemplate the possibility of a car with only 6k miles having that kind of rock pitting. Don't let them walk all over you. There has to be something they can do for your troubles whether it's compensation or getting you a brand new front fascia.

Regarding that document, that isn't a disclosure. That's just general boilerplate language they use in every contract
Yeah I'm so pissed off at the whole situation my fourth m car.. only one used and this is the outcome lol.. that dealership has no ethics nor do they care. I'm going to try hopefully GM gets in contact with me. I really don't want a car that's been tracked prior.. can't wrap my head around a car that's been beat I'll get a video and upload tomorrow of all the damages.
Appreciate 2
HyeM3464.50
BMW335i_111.50
      12-03-2020, 09:51 PM   #87
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVM3 View Post
If you still don't get a satisfactory response by Monday, I would post negative reviews on Google, Facebook, etc. and make it known. No one would ever imagine that kind of funny end damage with only 6k miles. I bought mine with over 45k miles and it is not nearly that bad. Headlights look near perfect though bumper has some damage. Sorry to hear about this, good luck
Oh for sure if this isn't solved by next week I'm posting this everywhere and do everything in my power to make sure this doesn't happen again to another customer.
Appreciate 2
HyeM3464.50
BMW335i_111.50
      12-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #88
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Heck we should all post reviews for this dealer
Appreciate 1
HyeM3464.50