Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-12-2021, 12:45 PM   #23
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakhana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Bruh throw on the EL midpipes and take it for a drive when the wife gives you a moment to escape.

I have a toddler and 6 month old and if I didn’t have an escape, I’d go nuts. Trust.

Unless you can sell it for a more dedicated sports car but not sure what you want or can get that’s wife approved. Also my two kids fit perfectly with my wife and baby bags and stroller in the trunk. It’s a family car too!
Lol! I am the wife. It’s my car. I absolutely love it and worked my butt off to buy it. It’s definitely something I am proud of because I think it’s beautiful. I mean, I look good driving it haha. Good point on it being an escape, and good to know everyone can fit in the car. I’m a nurse, and my job can be high-stress but once I get in that car everything just melts away.
Sounds like you've decided to keep it, and from this post it sounds like you made the right decision.

I would not expect these cars to appreciate like an investment. Beyond the current craziness that is more about the entire market than your particular car.

I wish you good luck and good health with the rest of your pregnancy
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #24
_E90S65_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Congrats on the inbound twins and the Land Cruiser.

My first car was a '95 FZJ80. They are amazing vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:03 PM   #25
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Four numbers: 991.2. Can fit the kids back there for a while in a pinch and you have a car for family hauling and family hauling at autobahn speeds with a smile on your face.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:32 PM   #26
Darkmann
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Ha!! You are just as bad as all of us. You say "Reasons why I’m thinking of selling is that I am expecting twins, and I just bought a Land Cruiser." Obviously you are keeping the M3 and the twins is an excuse. I'm glad you kept the M3. My advise: You have more power than you think. If you can, put car seats in both vehicles. He will teach the kids "limited performance driving" in the M3 while pleasing hos fantasies, and will be the bow-tied gentleman in the LC - either way, you win.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 05:26 PM   #27
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

I've put my my wife and both baby seats with stroller and weekend luggage in my F80 and taken many family trips. Great memories and the car is very reliable.

GL in whatever you decide!

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 08:55 PM   #28
uncle ben
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3elmo View Post
OP - my philosophy is the best car is the car you use.

If you feel with the twins coming you'll use the M3 a lot as your driver then keep it, if you know you won't use it, then sell it. You're required to rear face your children for at least 2 years, totally doable in the M3 and the trunk is large enough. The land cruiser will be bigger for longer trips but the M3 would be a good family DD.

value for a car is only good if you use it. If it drops 20K in 10 years but you put on 100K miles, who cares, if you put on 5K miles then that's a loss to you.
You can fit a rear facing child seat behind your drivers seat? What brand car seat?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 02:47 PM   #29
m3elmo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle ben View Post
You can fit a rear facing child seat behind your drivers seat? What brand car seat?
you're right - in my head I'm thinking front facing seats in both sections...
I found this thread here with some photos - might help OP.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1044630&page=2

I think it depends a lot on how tall the passenger/drivers are.
      04-22-2021, 11:30 PM   #30
Leakhana
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmann View Post
Ha!! You are just as bad as all of us. You say "Reasons why I’m thinking of selling is that I am expecting twins, and I just bought a Land Cruiser." Obviously you are keeping the M3 and the twins is an excuse. I'm glad you kept the M3. My advise: You have more power than you think. If you can, put car seats in both vehicles. He will teach the kids "limited performance driving" in the M3 while pleasing hos fantasies, and will be the bow-tied gentleman in the LC - either way, you win.
😂 great response. I’m literally 7 days away from these babies making their debut. I came back on this thread to read updated responses because I’m back to thinking about selling it again. However, after reading everyone’s response thus far, the plan is back to keeping it. I just looked at it this afternoon sitting in the driveway, and it’s too good looking to let go. It’s definitely a lot easier to drive and maneuver than the LC. Twin belly is no joke. It’s great for running errands, and I still look damn good in it being pregnant and all. I haven’t seen too many women in M cars.
Appreciate 2
2011ninja3376.00
The_Werm212.00
      04-23-2021, 04:17 AM   #31
SCS55
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90,F30, F80

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmann View Post
😂 great response. I’m literally 7 days away from these babies making their debut. I came back on this thread to read updated responses because I’m back to thinking about selling it again. However, after reading everyone’s response thus far, the plan is back to keeping it. I just looked at it this afternoon sitting in the driveway, and it’s too good looking to let go. It’s definitely a lot easier to drive and maneuver than the LC. Twin belly is no joke. It’s great for running errands, and I still look damn good in it being pregnant and all. I haven’t seen too many women in M cars.
Congrats on the twins! My wife drives a 335i and yesterday she drove my 2016 M3 to Tennis while I changed her oil. She said afterwards all her friends were checking it out and were asking if it was brand new! They also couldn't believe she was driving a manual M3.
Definitely hang on to it,
YOLO.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 09:18 AM   #32
Randy Johnson
M340i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [10.00]
I'd say sell it. Right now is a sellers market. You should be able to make some good money. Later on it will just depreciate more.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 09:36 AM   #33
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

Congrats on the twins! Dad here and I love taking the kids out in mine.

Some opposing thoughts on comments to sell it.
1) Yes, you can sell it and pocket the change, but if you ever intend to get one again, it's going to be a long process. These are performance cars; there's always a question of history (what's been done it, what its been in) and how its been driven. I've been through this decision process. Something to think about as these cars are aging and starting to show up in non BMW dealer lots.

2) 991s? I thought seriously about those but ending with my current car, but aside from grocery runs, forget road trips. Don't get me wrong, I was seriously thinking about one, but passed because I test drove them and the practicality is limited. As someone with a family, its a specific use car or a car for a different phase of life.

All the best for the pregnancy!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 12:22 PM   #34
MW F82 ///M4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Congrats with the pregnancy! keep the car! When I had mine, I sold my e92 m3 because it wasn’t “practical”. I wound up getting the itch the next day and found myself in my f82 shortly thereafter. You have a great second car with the LC, you will be able to keep the M without significant compromise. Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 09:19 AM   #35
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

You keep M3, and your husband can get the 'family car.' What does he drive? Sorry if this was mentioned already.

When my son was in rear facing, it worked well in my previous F80. 2 rear facing, a bit tougher, but doable. Just have one in middle, the other behind the passenger/husband lol
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 10:40 PM   #36
Ropes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CS

My wife rocked an m235 when our daughter was 2 and had it for a few years. We are looking at making my M4 the family car as she is looking at getting into a cayman. Having an M3 is the best of both worlds. Enjoy the fun car that doubles as a family car. Congratulations on the twins and I will pray for you in your coming days
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 07:05 AM   #37
SCS55
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90,F30, F80

Had it's yearly alignment at the dealer and two guys at the sales department were asking me if I sell would sell it? It's a lowly base model with a six speed but they definitely wanted it.
After that, I'm taking it off daily driver duties and putting it out of the way.
It's new home at sleep on a Ctek.
So again, I would definitely keep yours.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 06:27 AM   #38
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
... I still look damn good in it being pregnant and all. I haven’t seen too many women in M cars.
LOL. I met a friend of mine years ago in the parking lot at work because she had an M3 so I immediately liked her. Fortunately I had one too, so she became a friend.

Anyway... congrats on the upcoming kiddies, best of luck with that. If you do decide to sell soon, used car prices are getting silly because of the shortages and just the economy and pent-up lockdown demand. I suggest you get a quote/offer from Carvana and see how that makes you feel.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0