BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #1
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Ultimate Care+

Is this worth the $600?

I assume it would only be worth it if you can somehow force BMW to change your brakes/rotors once during the 3yr/36,000?

Also, is the adjustable suspension standard now??
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 09:15 PM   #2
***M4***
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M4 CompPack- 6 MT- yas blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Is this worth the $600?

I assume it would only be worth it if you can somehow force BMW to change your brakes/rotors once during the 3yr/36,000?

Yes adaptive suspension is standard now. I don't think ultimate care is worth it for me anyways.
      11-03-2016, 10:12 PM   #3
MPakE90
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Is this worth the $600?

Exactly. I almost got it too, until I searched on the forum and saw that some were seeing over 40-50k without changing their brakes. I don't track my car so I don't foresee myself changing my brakes/rotors within that time frame.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 10:23 PM   #4
Danchiiik
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

This isnt just for brakes... They change wipers too! :

But on a serious note, when my m3 arrives next week, i will be adding that on at signing since it covers clutches also for manual transmissions!

If you have a 6mt, it may be worth it for you. On my F30 335i... I had my transmission replaced at 6k miles cause synchros broke. The car couldnt handle the abuse. For $600, i rather have it than not
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #5
***M4***
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M4 CompPack- 6 MT- yas blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danchiiik View Post
This isnt just for brakes... They change wipers too! :

But on a serious note, when my m3 arrives next week, i will be adding that on at signing since it covers clutches also for manual transmissions!

If you have a 6mt, it may be worth it for you. On my F30 335i... I had my transmission replaced at 6k miles cause synchros broke. The car couldnt handle the abuse. For $600, i rather have it than not
Why wouldn't trans synchros be covered under basic warranty? That shouldn't be a maint. item.
      11-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #6
Danchiiik
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***M4*** View Post
Why wouldn't trans synchros be covered under basic warranty? That shouldn't be a maint. item.
it was ofcourse but i was just pointing out that since my f30 did have a transmission issue, i rather have the ultimate care+ to sleep better at night incase i ever have an issue with the clutch since $600 would justify even 1 clutch replacement.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #7
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
it was ofcourse but i was just pointing out that since my f30 did have a transmission issue, i rather have the ultimate care+ to sleep better at night incase i ever have an issue with the clutch since $600 would justify even 1 clutch replacement.
You are confusing warranty with maintenance plans.

Transmission, and all other mechanical issues, are covered under 4 years/50K mile warranty.
BMW's maintenance program used to cover (and still does for pre-2017 MY cars) select wear'n'tear items along with the regular maintenance: oil changes, air filters, wiper blades, and brakes, engine belts, manual-transmission clutches.

From MY 2017 (now), BMW has cut the "maintenance plan" in two ways:
- reduced length from 4/50 to 3 years/36K miles.
- eliminated wear'n'tear items coverage from the program (no more free brakes, engine belts, clutches, etc)

Ultimate Care+ is now sold by BMW NA to cover both of those gaps, at two separate price points:
1). You can buy the wear'n'tear coverage for the initial 3 years/36K miles for $600.
2). You can buy 4th year "everything" coverage for $1449 (and for more years after the 4th, if you like, at an increasing annual cost):
http://bmwusaservice.com/ultimatecare

Hope this helps,
a
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 09:59 AM   #8
RobC2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: different makes and models.

Didn't seem worth it to me based on my expected usage.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 10:07 AM   #9
Danchiiik
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Transmission, and all other mechanical issues, are covered under 4 years/50K mile warranty.
BMW's maintenance program used to cover (and still does for pre-2017 MY cars) select wear'n'tear items along with the regular maintenance: oil changes, air filters, wiper blades, and brakes, engine belts, manual-transmission clutches.

- eliminated wear'n'tear items coverage from the program (no more free brakes, engine belts, clutches, etc)

Ultimate Care+ is now sold by BMW NA to cover both of those gaps, at two separate price points:
1). You can buy the wear'n'tear coverage for the initial 3 years/36K miles for $600.
2). You can buy 4th year "everything" coverage for $1449 (and for more years after the 4th, if you like, at an increasing annual cost):

Hope this helps,
a
I didnt confuse anything. I understand that as of july2017, clutches arent covered anymore on MTs. I was just stating that the $600 is justifiable if you have a 6MT. And as far as my F30 situation, i was just putting that out there as a reason to why id rather be safe than sorry being that ive had an issue with the car even though it was a warranty issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 10:13 AM   #10
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Hope this helps,
a
It's basically cheap when there is a small chance of you needing it then drastically increases when you're in the area of needing it. So cheap during the first 36k miles because you'll probably not need it, then right around the 40kish mark when brakes will probably go, the price jumps to about the cost of that brake job in one year if I'm reading it right.

Seems pointless unless you're going through those items much quicker than normal.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 11:23 AM   #11
Danchiiik
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Quote:

Hope this helps,
a
It's basically cheap when there is a small chance of you needing it then drastically increases when you're in the area of needing it. So cheap during the first 36k miles because you'll probably not need it, then right around the 40kish mark when brakes will probably go, the price jumps to about the cost of that brake job in one year if I'm reading it right.

Seems pointless unless you're going through those items much quicker than normal.
When you lease (3yrs), its all you need
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 12:52 PM   #12
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

If you track the car and will use a lot of brakes (rotors) it's worth it. If not then prob not.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #13
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Modern clutches last over 100k with normal/spirited driving. Anything less than that then you're either riding the clutch or are abusing the tranny somehow. Or, maybe re-examine your shifting technique.
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2016, 10:26 PM   #14
docmfg
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3/2016 M4

Garage List
2009 MB C63  [0.00]
2012 BMW 535  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
2003 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Modern clutches last over 100k with normal/spirited driving. Anything less than that then you're either riding the clutch or are abusing the tranny somehow. Or, maybe re-examine your shifting technique.
Exactly. My 2003 M3 has over 152K miles on the original clutch.
Appreciate 0