R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #26247
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Thanks G! She has come a long way and is 75% complete. Once my seats arrive I will be done modding and I’ll just enjoy the drive. It took five big/major mods to get me to that happy place.
Did you guys remove the option from your vehicle order or increase the speed limit for your Aero wing coding? It looks like you Auto coded a few modules (BCM, Kombi etc.). I am glad you did not wait for the other "Official Porsche Partner" to code your car. 😀
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25086.50
      Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #26248
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

interesting take by Cammisa on the new Model 3P vs G80 and other sport sedans.

Quote:
Verdict Tesla Model 3 Performance: We Have a Problem.

I know you don’t want to hear this:

Regular Model 3 buyer no longer has to make excuses for its craptastic interior.

Model 3 Performance no longer has to make excuses for anything else.

The last one was a good car, but the interior was econo-box, seats were unsupportive, ride was flinty, handling was sketchy, and steering was gainy and overboosted. It’s ALL fixed.

Adaptive shocks and a full tuning rethink give new M3P a luxury sport-sedan ride: beautiful body control, no harshness. Big suspension moves are one-and-done. It’s (gasp) perfect.

The steering is quick but not uncomfortably so. Front end is incredibly responsive w lots of high-frequency road texture coming through. Feels v rigid.

Sport seats (finally!) are phenomenal: Volvo supple, Recaro supportive. Make the BMW M3’s rock-hard carbon shells feel absurd.

BMW M3 is no longer the sports-sedan benchmark. The 3er has been luxo-fied and efficiency-focused to the point that there’s no real involvement, just added-back-in digital amelioration. You’re left with a laggy powertrain that, with an automatic, works well enough…

…until you spend time in an EV, which has no gears, no lag, and no waiting.

I recorded a 3.04-second 0-60 with 2 on board and 88% SoC. Tesla’s claim of 2.9s is legit. Violent off the line, does NOT relent at high speeds. Significantly quicker than the last M3P, esp at high speeds. 510 hp, 547 lb-ft, 4th gen rear motor gives rear bias of 70-85% power.

Didn’t get to play with limit handling (yet) but on one slide, the steering went numb. Looking forward to a track drive, but I’m not sure that’s even necessary.

Since all the “performance sedans” have gotten so clinical, there’s no real experience left. What matters most is how well they do regular commuter use with occasional back-roads stuff.

Not sports car that’ll get you out of bed early, but if you choose to take the long way home from work, it’s effing brilliant.

Listen to the Carmudgeon Show podcast for an hour long discussion.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:18 AM   #26249
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
My N54 135i was still one of my favorite cars ever
The N54 was SOLID. Massively overbuilt and boost happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcp View Post
Did you guys remove the option from your vehicle order or increase the speed limit for your Aero wing coding? It looks like you Auto coded a few modules (BCM, Kombi etc.). I am glad you did not wait for the other "Official Porsche Partner" to code your car. 😀
We checked the AeroKit option in the PIWIS3 drop-down menu and deactivated the brake light on the wing (…so the car wouldn’t register the open circuit). We did have to auto code BCM1, BCM2 and Kombi. While I had no problem going to Gaudin Porsche or my OPP ( ), my buddy was available short notice and he’s going to code my carbon fiber lightweight buckets from the GT3.
Appreciate 0